Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 months ago

SS is not Aamir movie. So voting for Earth even though not seen.

AamirKingKhan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Earth 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Again no doubt smiley1

Earth is the middle one of Deepa Mehta's trilogy...Aamir...the Ice-Candy-Man smiley27

Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Winner! 1947:Earth

— 1947 Earth अर्थ (1998)

Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

I agree. Of all the 90s debutants, his filmography is exceptional but also is less talked about for one he has zero PR and his fandom is not as extensive.

Yeah.

Every superstar has deployed some sort of PR, but with Aamir, he's never had a die-hard, frantic fanbase like Salman or SRK. With SRK, it was obvious. Salman had his own PR with Being Human and all. Aamir's is a just subtle.

I think in the next decade or so, when new film critics emerge, Aamir's movies will be a whole lot more appreciated over Salman/SRK films. Salman and SRK have worked in some classic movies, but their overall filmography is vastly inferior to Aamir's.

It doesn't help Aamir that most hardcore Salman/SRK fans, at least online, seem to care more about the box-office performance over actual quality, enjoyment, and stuff. You could see it with Pathaan, Jawan, T3, and all. T3 was actually a good movie. But hardcore fans weren't really concerned as it didn't do blockbuster business.

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

Originally posted by: Filmistan

Yeah.

Every superstar has deployed some sort of PR, but with Aamir, he's never had a die-hard, frantic fanbase like Salman or SRK. With SRK, it was obvious. Salman had his own PR with Being Human and all. Aamir's is a just subtle.

I think in the next decade or so, when new film critics emerge, Aamir's movies will be a whole lot more appreciated over Salman/SRK films. Salman and SRK have worked in some classic movies, but their overall filmography is vastly inferior to Aamir's.

It doesn't help Aamir that most hardcore Salman/SRK fans, at least online, seem to care more about the box-office performance over actual quality, enjoyment, and stuff. You could see it with Pathaan, Jawan, T3, and all. T3 was actually a good movie. But hardcore fans weren't really concerned as it didn't do blockbuster business.

yes Tiger 3 was an it’s getting that appreciation by neutrals esp and now they planning to re show on some cities in the theaters. In Amazon prime it’s being seen my many with positive reviews. Well Aamir will be releasing movies soon let’s see. Yet he too does care on numbers but ye he just doesn’t do movies to please a certain base but to neutrals whereas the other Khans have a massive base so they look at that shd the numbers though Salman is the least bothered with numbers. Yet I think now he’s taking time to take on better projects in my opinion. 

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Filmistan

Yeah.

This! 

So many classics have been forgotten thanks to the PR overdrives. I myself recently discovered a lot of Aamir’s movies like Ghulam, Raakh etc and was shocked that they never make into any lists the so called critics come up with about the best of 90s. Even classics like Arjun, Ghatak, Ghayal, Gadar , never find a place in these lists. Then I realized that these lists are mostly either PR driven or made by the fanboys/girls.

Edited by 1t1svat1t1s - 2 months ago
sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

This! 

So many classics have been forgotten thanks to the PR overdrives. I myself recently discovered a lot of Aamir’s movies like Ghulam, Raakh etc and was shocked that they never make into any lists the so called critics come up with about the best of 90s. Even classics like Arjun, Ghatak, Ghayal, Gadar , never find a place in these lists. Then I realized that these lists are mostly either PR driven or made by the fanboys/girls.

Aamir was nominated as best actor in lead for Raakh in NATIONAL AWARDS..for just second release of him..this says alot about him as an actor..

How come u were unaware of Ghulam ? Its a clean hit at boxoffice and has a very popular song aati Kay khandaala, sung by Aamir himself.

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sharaban

Aamir was nominated as best actor in lead for Raakh in NATIONAL AWARDS..for just second release of him..this says alot about him as an actor..

How come u were unaware of Ghulam ? Its a clean hit at boxoffice and has a very popular song aati Kay khandaala, sung by Aamir himself.

I knew all the songs but never knew the movie would be so good. But what a movie it was. The climax especially,is one of the best ever. 🤌

@ Raakh. Yeah I read about it. And I bet more than 90% audience aren’t aware of the movie, let alone him being a NA nominee for it.