Why Is Everything OTT?

rickks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 months ago

Har Har Mahadev 

Hello Guys... This is my first post here and unfortunately it is not an out and out positive one. I am enjoying watching the show but the drama quotient is too much for me. Does anybody else that way that they are over doing it? Certain things I do get - it needs to be OTT - like maybe the interpretation of a asur or something but the way even character's like Maina Devi (Parvati's Mother) is being shown makes me feel like I am not seeing a mythological show but another one of Color's fictional show. Maybe expectations are too much because we already had a Devon Ke Dev Mahadev which was pure gold and I don't mean this as a comparison of any kind but why is everything so OTT? Is it for the commercial value?

Anybody else have the same opinion?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: rickks

Har Har Mahadev 

Hello Guys... This is my first post here and unfortunately it is not an out and out positive one. I am enjoying watching the show but the drama quotient is too much for me. Does anybody else that way that they are over doing it? Certain things I do get - it needs to be OTT - like maybe the interpretation of a asur or something but the way even character's like Maina Devi (Parvati's Mother) is being shown makes me feel like I am not seeing a mythological show but another one of Color's fictional show. Maybe expectations are too much because we already had a Devon Ke Dev Mahadev which was pure gold and I don't mean this as a comparison of any kind but why is everything so OTT? Is it for the commercial value?

Anybody else have the same opinion?

Hi Yes I Agree With You It Feels Like A Regular Fiction Show Then A Mythological One To Over The Top With Certain Characters. But Iam Enjoying The Show So I Have No Complaints About It. 

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I totally get your point. I do feel they are showing everything ott. 

As per my observation, this over streching, over dramatic, over of everything started when they started telecasting every day. Previously, the length of a episode was 40 min+ and it came only monday to friday. Everything was fine till then. See those episodes again, the pace, the impact, the tight script and overall performances were very good in those initial episodes. 

But this show fell prey to ITV's tactic to stretch good shows untill eternity. Once it became a hit, they reduced the run time to 20 minutes and made it a daily soap. This thing is very rampant in itv, they come with a good show and once it is a hit they ruin it in order to run it forever. The very reason for it becoming a hit is forgotten in the process. If one wants to go for quantity then quality is always forsaken.

I liked how they showed sati's life span. But after marriage they started streching. For example I have not seen shiv- sati's marriage with all reeti rivaaz in any show previously because Daksh was not happy with marriage so they just exchange garlands in swyamvar and thats all. But in this show they showed whole baarat and detailed marriage sequence which was not needed at all because when someone says about shiv baarat the only thing comes to mind is shiv- parvati's marriage. 

Then I was so eagerly waiting for sati's atma dahan but they ruined the whole sequence by over streching, over explaining everything. Ideally it should have been shown in only one episode. But they took whole week which ruined its impact.

Then as you mentioned maina devi track is so annoying. In all the shows i have seen since childhood, all the stories i have heard, maina devi is never shown so negative so annoying and adamant. Yes, she is always said to have her doubts about this allinace but she never opposed so vehemently. This is the first time she is portrayed as nothing but itv vamp. And the irony is, they wasted two weeks in it and then didn't come up with any solution. Lord and goddess had to reveal their real identities in order to convince her. They could have done it two weeks before also. And in all this they ruined the ultimate surprise element for maina devi in marriage because in a famous story it is said that maina devi had never seen shiv before the baarat and when she looked at him in aghor roop she fainted out of fear and just to pacify her shiv had to take sundereshwar roop. 

Just see same episodes of devo ke dev mahadev and even mahakali of same ph, you will know what i am trying to say.

Edited by Anj_01 - 7 months ago
sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 months ago

I also felt it was very over the top especially during the wedding track. Parvati mom was so ott. Bt its been so much better since they got married. Also the actress playing Parvati is so smiley smiley most of the time.  She is playing the role just like an ordinary character. Parvati was never like a Sita. Bt here only in important scenes does she act well bt other times it's like she is In a normal show. I love the actor playing Shiva so expressive and handsome love him. Hopefully the show continues like this and doesn't lose focus again.

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sandiab

I also felt it was very over the top especially during the wedding track. Parvati mom was so ott. Bt its been so much better since they got married. Also the actress playing Parvati is so smiley smiley most of the time.  She is playing the role just like an ordinary character. Parvati was never like a Sita. Bt here only in important scenes does she act well bt other times it's like she is In a normal show. I love the actor playing Shiva so expressive and handsome love him. Hopefully the show continues like this and doesn't lose focus again.

Majority of the scenes, Ram aces it much better Subha. Not saying that Subha's bad, she is doing her part decently in major scenes. It's just... Ram steals the show & his acting is much more interesting as a preference. Like you said, she smiles a lot in a lot of the scenes. I feel she could do better when she's supposed to concerned or crying, like the smile(or half worrisome yet the smile is there wala expression) doesn't deter away, tbh. 

Some of the scenes/tracks could've been executed better but I think show is better post marriage even though there are certain aspects that are still OTT. Probably these two, though act much better than the remainder of the cast. 

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Chemcart_MJ

Majority of the scenes, Ram aces it much better Subha. Not saying that Subha's bad, she is doing her part decently in major scenes. It's just... Ram steals the show & his acting is much more interesting as a preference. Like you said, she smiles a lot in a lot of the scenes. I feel she could do better when she's supposed to concerned or crying, like the smile(or half worrisome yet the smile is there wala expression) doesn't deter away, tbh. 

Some of the scenes/tracks could've been executed better but I think show is better post marriage even though there are certain aspects that are still OTT. Probably these two, though act much better than the remainder of the cast. 

I Agree With You Ram Just Aces His Role Perfectly 😍