Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Kajol is/was/always will be over rated

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

I like Rani

but Kajol gives a nasty vibe sometimes like when she said shoe to her husband last time or sounding rude or disrespecting a differently abled fan

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

Is this even real, because I recall a completely different story.smiley29

First of all, Rani has always been a distant relative of Kajol and Tanisha, so she was never "close" to Tanisha or Kajol ever.... at least during their heydays. They are much close now (since past 6-7 years).

And there has never been a "problem" between Tanisha and Kajol, like never..,.. (sure they´re sisters so they have had some differences like any other siblings). To think of Rani being a troublemaker between Kajol and Tanisha is ridiculous.

Rather the gossip was that Rani didn´t like Tanisha, and caused break-up between Uday-Tanisha. She didn´t want Tanisha in the YashRaj household...and this was when she was just dating Aditya.

Coming back to why Kajol has toned down now, in regards to Rani?

It´s because Rani is in a much stronger position than Kajol today. She is a Chopra Bahu and has been very successful in her 2nd Innings (Mardaani Series, Hichki etc). She has become a brand of her own and come out a much stronger performer than Kajol.

Kajol, on the other hand, has had a hard time in her 2nd innings (e.g. Helicopter Eela, The Trial ).

She has had no solo success since ages. She anyways has been relying on SRK, KJo and Ajay for success since last two decades.

Kajol's grandfather's brother is Rani's grandfather. Distant means distant haha. 

I have heard of Tanisha-Kajol fight but my source is biased so it could be an exaggeration. 

Rani moreso she was sympathetic to one sister over the other. And this all started during/post their marriage, during their unmarried days they didn't speak.  Kajol disliked Rani's side because their fathers were having a massive tiff. Post-marriage they talked - but they got closer through Tanisha. 

Rani did not cause breakup of Uday - Tanisha. Tanisha cheated with Upen. Rani probably objected to the fact that Tanisha's side wanted a share of a few assets when marriage talks were happening but that objection was towards Tanuja, not Tanisha. 

True on YRF/Chopra position being different now power-wise. 

Rani was the stronger actress, so she succeeded, but she did so by trampling over everyone else. The Mardaani director did not really like her but was polite not to say so in private, and she chopped off all the supporting leads parts. One lady even made a huge facebook post about it. 

Mr. Chatterjee vs Norway was not exactly a hit until YRF pushed the clean designation by pulling stunts with the Norway embassy and prebooking for govt officials. 

Also TBF Kajol is now really helping her family out. Forget her husband's relative Amaan or Ayan Mukherjee, but she's also lobbying for Pranutan Behl (a fantastic actress) to get back a good movie. Nutan and Tanuja did not get along, but Kajol seems to be on good terms with them. 

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

Kajol's grandfather's brother is Rani's grandfather. Distant means distant haha. 

I have heard of Tanisha-Kajol fight but my source is biased so it could be an exaggeration. 

Rani moreso she was sympathetic to one sister over the other. And this all started during/post their marriage, during their unmarried days they didn't speak.  Kajol disliked Rani's side because their fathers were having a massive tiff. Post-marriage they talked - but they got closer through Tanisha. 

Rani did not cause breakup of Uday - Tanisha. Tanisha cheated with Upen. Rani probably objected to the fact that Tanisha's side wanted a share of a few assets when marriage talks were happening but that objection was towards Tanuja, not Tanisha. 

Rani was the stronger actress, so she succeeded, but she did so by trampling over everyone else. The Mardaani director did not really like her but was polite not to say so in private, and she chopped off all the supporting leads parts. One lady even made a huge facebook post about it. 

Mr. Chatterjee vs Norway was not exactly a hit until YRF pushed the clean designation by pulling stunts with the Norway embassy and prebooking for govt officials. 

Also TBF Kajol is now really helping her family out. Forget her husband's relative Amaan or Ayan Mukherjee, but she's also lobbying for Pranutan Behl (a fantastic actress) to get back a good movie. Nutan and Tanuja did not get along, but Kajol seems to be on good terms with them. 

Whatever happened with Tanisha-Uday was anyways was just "gossip" so no one knows the truth.

I know Rani and Kajol are second cousins...  (so yes, I should not call it distant) but their families were never close... and Rani hardly shared any bond with Kajol or Tanisha. She certainly did not share a bond strong enough to ever cause a "drift" between Kajol-Tanisha.

It's a well known fact how close Kajol is to Tanisha and Tanuja to this day. Tanuja and Tanisha are very close to the Devgan family because of Kajol, so there has never been an issue..

Rani is in a much position than Kajol overall.... and she has far better prospects than Kajol, particularly in terms of solo success.

That´s all I meant, and that´s all I wanted to say. 

I have no idea about the manipulations that are done BTS in terms on booking, BO collections etc.. which is done by every big production house these days.

Edited by diasingh2 - 5 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

You can tell in their early days when Kajol was the star and Rani the newcomer that Kajol did not give Rani the time of day...at all.

Remember when Kajol said she was not interested in any of Rani's roles and how miffed Rani looked. Rani only stayed silent back then because Kajol was her senior. Now Rani is the more successful actress and the YRJ maalkin so Kajol can't ignore her anymore.

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Rani is Queen 

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

Upen as in Patel? Woah! I always thought the engagement broke due to some prenup issues! 

Who is Tanisha dating these days? Last I heard of her love life, she was dating Armaan Kohli smiley36

And what does your source say of Kajol-Ajay marriage? I feel like they are done but remaining married just for the sake of it. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Novarieaa

Upen as in Patel? Woah! I always thought the engagement broke due to some prenup issues! 

Who is Tanisha dating these days? Last I heard of her love life, she was dating Armaan Kohli smiley36

And what does your source say of Kajol-Ajay marriage? I feel like they are done but remaining married just for the sake of it. 

Honestly I have no clue. She's not really relevant. 

In terms of marriage they have been consistent forever, nothing will change. Kajol had to bail out Ajay when he was having some production issues earlier with some property money she had. Something happened with his VFX company too - half the people split off and formed a paper company that laundered Adipurush to disaster. 

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Ah, the competition has kicked off, so let me toss in my two cents. Rani, as someone pointed out, hasn't reached her current status without stepping on a few toes. Whether it's friendships or relationships, it all seems like steppingstones for her to climb higher. A personality like hers might keep landing roles from her husband's studio, but there's a lack of respect from my perspective. She doesn't even have a single iconic lead role to her credit. Sure, there's Mardaani/Black and the like, but those are mostly chatted about among Bollywood fanatics. Movies like DDLJ and K3G are the ones that stick around in conversations for ages. Kajol has solidified her position as one of the most iconic actresses, standing shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Madhuri and Aishwarya. On the other hand, the Rani types are a dime a dozen, talked about until they're active and then easily forgotten when they're not working.