i like her

khair choro

maroon can get that only 

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Pwv8TzSb7xk

National Awards !!! smiley37

Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: Beywakoof

God bless your ignorance. 

Those old times were infect more difficult for a film to organically gather so much of a business due to much lesser screens, a film needed to earn for so many months (least was silver jubilee for 6 months, then golden jubilee for one year, platinum jubilee for 1.5 years and so on)  or sometimes for years in Cinemas in order to get those crazy huge net numbers at the boxoffice, a film those days needed a long long time and a very long sustainability in theaters to achieve hit status and boxoffice numbers, not like today's times when the initial hype and crazy promotions on so many media platforms and on so many mediums helps the film alot to milk everything in the initial 4 to 5 weeks on thousands of screens and then they are out of theaters after a month. 

Also cinema going public who only enjoys watching movies on the big silver screen with the live audience are not affected as such by the invention of TV and now by  the small screen of mobile phones. 

Biggest example is gadar 2 that was out on YouTube in it's 2nd day of release but the cinegoers only preferred to watch it in Cinemas so much so that there were capacity issues inside the halls. 

and despite all of those hurdles in the old times where films needed to run for several months or years to be called major hits with so much lesser screens Dilip kumar MEA did 1200 cr net only from India and Sholay did 1500 cr net India which todays' Khans or those pappu papplu actors can never even imagine. 

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I dislike Alia and Ranbir. Ab soch mai padh gye hun indono mai kya acha haismiley24

tonygonsalves thumbnail

Amitabh, Dilip and Dharmender's movies earned at the time when India was very very poor. We are way richer now.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

Honestly, I don't buy that. Bollywood's got way more spotlight now than ever, and maybe Amitabh and Dilip Kumar were awesome actors and all, when it comes to being a superstar, it's about how far you reach and the mark you leave, and how popular you are and how well  known you are all over and I think Shah Rukh Khan's got that in spades.

Even the young gen knows about Amitabh and Dilip Kumar ..and the craze for Dev Anand, Rajesh Khanna and Raj kapoor was something else. Infact RK was adored in Russia. Shashi kapoor went to HW decades back.

All this was pre internet era..also pre globalisation.

There's no match for SRK's overseas popularity currently..but the above mentioned ones r legends who have left a long lasting impression on generations of movie goers

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

Certainly not...but what you mentioned was at a time with almost none other possibilities to watch movies than going to the theatres.

One can't ignore the changing of times...

Movies were the major form of entertainment even during rise of the Khans. 

OTT is recent. Before that it was only TV and no one ever gave up movies for TV shows

Muskie thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Kangana:

How she inspires me to take care of my mental health

Katrina: she's very hardworking  (which she hates to hear BTW) 

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 months ago

Kangana's latest movie seems positive smiley4