Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Leprechaun thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Isamreen

Just like ITV has cliches like dupatta getting stuck in watch, trips and falls, rain watching etc. What are the k- drama cliche tropes? Some I know 

Holding umbrella on each other,

Guys making girls wear shoes 

Back hug 

Etc. 

State other tropes 

Leave anything else....

this is beyond cliche in KDs πŸ˜³ 

I watched some vids where they mentioned it's normal to watch people wear couple outfits and do all sugary couple things in Korea πŸ˜† 

Mahi-eBismil thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Chir-Cute

Only momentarily... Also, because, Korean guys are very chivalrous to their girlfriends/partners. It feels nice to think that chivalry isn't dead in the dating pool. The difference between wanting to do something nice rather than having to do it as a task is such a sweet sentiment. 

But after that moment has passed, am like...

Maddamsir Karishmasingh GIF - Maddamsir Karishmasingh GIFs

That's true 

Half of the population likes kdrama coz of the chivalrous part only. The feminist in the west have rided on their independency and it shows in their dramas/ films too. 

Lol @ gif 

Mahi-eBismil thumbnail

Originally posted by: Leprechaun

Leave anything else....

this is beyond cliche in KDs πŸ˜³ 

I watched some vids where they mentioned it's normal to watch people wear couple outfits and do all sugary couple things in Korea πŸ˜† 

🀣

Though I have seen few dramas but i can say childhood friends and orphans are very common.

@b- I have seen mukbang video of some Indian girl in Korea and couple things are so common over there. Guess the drama and reality are same. Chir cute can say more about it .

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7

annyeong chingu πŸ€—

YeojaNextDoor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Isamreen

Just like ITV has cliches like dupatta getting stuck in watch, trips and falls, rain watching etc. What are the k- drama cliche tropes? Some I know 

Holding umbrella on each other,

Guys making girls wear shoes 

Back hug 

Etc. 

State other tropes 

I would say the most cliche kdrama trope is childhood connection between leads.. I mean literally every other show (80% of shows atleast) has this weird trope πŸ˜³ leads meet, quarrel, fall for each other and then it's revealed that they were related in some way during childhood. 

Mahi-eBismil thumbnail

Originally posted by: YeojaNextDoor

I would say the most cliche kdrama trope is childhood connection between leads.. I mean literally every other show (80% of shows atleast) has this weird trope πŸ˜³ leads meet, quarrel, fall for each other and then it's revealed that they were related in some way during childhood. 

This trope is done and dusted multiple times and think. Also it shows that they were fated to meet or implying that they are soulmate. 

xDownInFlamesx thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Personal opinion: couples with human and non human characters have a pretty good chemistry than the human-human couples idk whyβ˜ΊοΈπŸ˜†

Leprechaun thumbnail

Anyone watched survived all 3 seasons of Penthouse? What's your favorite plot twist? πŸ˜† 

xDownInFlamesx thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Anyone watched survived all 3 seasons of Penthouse? What's your favorite plot twist? πŸ˜† 

I didn't even survive the trailer but this sounds like a challenge so maybe I'll end up watching somewhere in futureπŸ«£πŸ˜‚

IamRaj96 thumbnail

I watched all three seasons and loved it 🀣🀣

I dont have fav plot twist but i loved some epi of each seasons 

S1 epi 16 or 17 where cheon seo jin killed her dad and then ran away (in those particular episodes her acting was too notch) 

S1 epi 19 where shim suryeon kidnaps all penthouse people and locks them inside the bus

S2 last 2-3 epi , how all three leading ladies coms together and traps joo dan tae & after that their court fight was hillarious. 

S3, epi 12,13,14 - confrontation betn SSR & JDT and then she shoots him, Cheon seojin becomes mental, almost gets killed and in last epi she suicides. 

More than anything i loved actors performance and intensity of drama, and evn tho their twist were illogical but i loved how each and every epi of show was equally exciting and unpredictable. 

Bigger plot twist which shocked me was Joo soo kyung was not daughter of JDT but twin sis of min seolah.