Passions & Provocations in the History of IPL

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

The IPL is a melting pot of different cultures – you not only share the dressing-room with players from around the world, but you also share an important two months of the year. The exhaustive itinerary ensures that players and teammates spend a considerable amount of time together. It’s those unguarded moments spent with each other that provide access to the personality behind the player.

Akash Chopra said  "before I became a teammate of Ricky Ponting, I had the idea that the Australian skipper was rather stiff. But a few weeks of being on his side changed my opinion of him absolutely, and I found him to be a wonderful human being. He was always the first one to lend a hand and he never shied away from sharing his wealth of knowledge and experience. Much to my pleasure, I found out that, behind his serious façade, Ponting has quite a few funny bones! The IPL also teaches you that every team, irrespective of the nationality, has the same DNA. There’s always a serious guy, a joker, a thinker, a leader, a strategist, a calming influence and so on" --- 

But .... It is short and swift and with the game-changing with the unfailing volatility of an ocean current, the IPL has witnessed more than a fair share of burnt fuses. The money and madness that surrounds a circus of this nature only serve to accentuate and nourish the ego of players. In this video, we look at some of the most sensational scuffles that erupted in the heat of the battle.

There are a few incidents in which the players provoked, blamed and insulted the other team's players openly. Watch these videos ..... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdWgv5rKj8M 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uEVw8Cihrs

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GunDaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

I still remember that Gauti and Kohli fight which went very far. Both were very aggressive by nature , but this happened in the heat of the moment. I'm sure both are very good friends off the field.

Savera84 thumbnail

Ghosh, such an eventful games!  I can't believe emotions run so high and they end up hurting each other.

Glad they are patching up later. 

But I agree with Akash Chopra.  The rapport has improved a lot between international players and Indian players and some of them become good friends or should I say, some of them become good human beings?

Thanks for sharing Madhuri!

Cheers....

Originally posted by: GunDaa

I still remember that Gauti and Kohli fight which went very far. Both were very aggressive by nature , but this happened in the heat of the moment. I'm sure both are very good friends off the field.

BTW how many agree with my theory that when people are not that strong-built they over-compensate with their body language.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

BTW how many agree with my theory that when people are not that strong-built they over-compensate with their body language.

Yes... to some extent it is correct.   Our body language refers to the nonverbal signals that we used to communicate. According to psychologists, these nonverbal signals make up a huge part of daily communication. Understanding body language is important, but it is also essential to pay attention to other cues such as context! 

Our posture tells many stories!  Have you ever seen a person walk into a room, and immediately, you have known that they were the one in charge? That effect is largely about body language, and often includes an erect posture, gestures made with the palms facing down, and open and expansive gestures in general. The brain is hardwired to equate power with the amount of space people take up. Standing up straight with your shoulders back is a power position....it appears to maximize the amount of space you fill.  Maintaining good posture commands respect and promotes engagement, whether you're a leader or not, whether you are tall or not, whether you are strong or not! 

Real smiles crinkle the eyes!  When it comes to smiling, the mouth can lie but the eyes can't. Genuine smiles reach the eyes.... crinkling the skin to create crow's feet around them. People often smile to hide what they're really thinking and feeling, so the next time you want to know if someone's smile is genuine,😃 look for crinkles at the corners of their eyes. If they aren't there, that smile is hiding something!!!

The posture and the smiles, the eyes, the expressions which send a strong message, whether a person is muscular or weak, it will not affect their expressions. The bottom line is that even if you can't read a person's exact thoughts, you can learn a lot from their body language, and that's especially true when words and body language don't match. Some gracefully slim women like Golda Meir, Indira Gandhi, Margaret Thatcher and Benazir Bhutto... who have ruled their states effortlessly and commanded respect with their graceful presence in any world summit! 

What other body language clues do you look for? Friends please share your thoughts....

Viswasruti thumbnail

Ohh... forgot to tag you friends, 😳 Please read the above post and share your views. 

In cricket , body language plays a vital role , that we've already witnessed in many interesting matches! 

Edited by Viswasruti - 3 years ago

IPL is such a game that fights happen every season. And players end up hurting each other and some good friends even draft apart but I am sure after IPL they patch up😆

IPL has good n bad side both, good side is that team players becomes friendly towards each other and learn a lot too but the ugly side is that games bring agression too. Anyways well said Akash and thanks for sharing Madhu