Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LovelyPlanet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Mr.Sareen

Actually , it might have been good riddance but in retrospect (like in '47 only or something) when the region was undergoing massive reorganization & India nowhere close to being the power it is now . But now , it can't afford such thing as :

a) it will be perceived in global community as a big defeat for an emerging global power and that too at the hand of a destitute state thereby considerably shaking global confidence upon India

+

b) with a brazen arch enemy Pakistan & mighty,greedy China hands in gloves against India , it will also tend to boost separatist's movement elsewhere in India engineered by adversaries like Khalistan (Pakistan already trying hard for it) , NE states , Gorkhaland , Dravidanadu or any other yet unforseen thing risking integrity of India

So for now , Kashmir is a gangrene which India cannot afford to sever currently ; it just needs to go with peel & heal approach . 

what's the point of holding onto 1.4 billion people, it is unmanageable at the moment. And going to be worse in future with population expected to reach 1.4 b and possibly even 2b. Separate country into 4 or at least 2. Why should south suffer and have govt sitting in Delhi who barely have interest in welfare of 4-5 southern states. Far east is same story.

Let states separate from India if they want to, I dont  understand this greed, look at Singapore, some state might grow like that since it is efficient to manage smaller population/demographics. 

only 9 percent current population of Kashmir wants to be under Indian rule, are we suggesting 90% should sell their land to Indians? we  dont know their story, they definitely have a story nevertheless. 40000 Muslims have been killed by Indian army, this remains a fact, they have a reason to hate army and govt 

Lets not be delusional, they prefer Pakistan since they dont kill them. Poverty is preferred over life, I would choose the same.

Sadhanai thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

I don't understand why instead of just pretending that they haven't killed anyone, the Indian side would actually try not to kill anyone. There are plenty of innocent people just trying to go about their daily lives, without political agendas, the problem is that they have not been spared either for the past 30 years. Rather, there is a big misuse of power and use of excessive force on unarmed civillians. If the human rights violations could be avoided at least, it would be good because it's unnecessary to punish the general population. As for the current situation, I don't see why peaceful protesters are being targeted also. Even the seperatist political movements could be allowed in the democratic process. The fact that the armed forces haven't restrained themselves to fighting the militants and stone-pelters only but inflicting brutalities indiscriminately has only made the insurgency worse. BJP should also allow space for the ordinary people to manoeuvre instead of clamping down too hard on them unnecessarily. The articles have been revoked as per the wishes of the government, now they should allow for a peaceful backlash that is expected and not add to inflaming the situation by enabling atrocities. Also, having a political will or agenda should not be a crime (even if it is a Pak-sponsored one) in a democracy. The crime was militancy but the military oppression of locals for the past three decades has not worked. It strengthened the rebellion. Actually, the human rights situation has been so bad India might not be able to provide justice or fix it so while the world is now watching, should the U.N. be allowed to intervene?

VJ_Salgaonkar thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

This is Pakistani prime minister shooting from his ass

----------------------

WASHINGTON: 

Read more at:

http://m.timesofindia.com/articleshow/70912721.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

anjs thumbnail

Amid Pakistan's sabre-rattling on Kashmir, UN body slams Islamabad for human rights violations in PoKUpdated Sep 03, 2019 | 15:17 IST | Times Now Digital

OHCHR in a report made several recommendations to the Pakistani authorities to address the concerns related to human rights violations in the PoK region.

Photo Credit: AP

Pakistan PM Imran Khan (File photo)

Key Highlights

• OHCHR in a report highlighted cases of enforced disappearances in PoK
  • Human Rights Committee said rights violations worse in PoK than Kashmir
  • Pakistani intelligence agencies were blamed for human rights violations

Islamabad: At a time when Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan is trying to ratchet up the Kashmir issue globally and alleged human rights violations, a UN report has warned that such violations in Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir (PoK) are far graver and “more structural in nature”.

The Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) in a report made several recommendations to the Pakistani authorities to address the concerns related to these violations in the region.

Advertising

Advertising

The Government of Pakistan in response to the 2018 OHCHR report said the constitutional and legal structures in PoK and Gilgit-Baltistan protect the rights of its citizens. The OHCHR, also known commonly as the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, found that the concerns around human rights violations remain.

The report highlighted that the UN body had credible information of enforced disappearances of people from PoK, prisoners held in secret detentions and those who remain unaccounted for.

The report said that the victims of enforced disappearances include personnel of the Pakistani security forces and alleged operatives of the armed groups which previously operated in Kashmir. Those subjected to disappearances also include people from areas close to the Line of Control (LoC) under the control of Pakistan armed forces.

The victims whose cases were highlighted in the Human Rights Committee report blamed Pakistan intelligence agencies including the infamous Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI). Rights groups fear that those made to disappear from the PoK might be held illegally in military-run internment camps in Pakistan.

RELATED NEWS:

Young Pak boy's advice to Imran Khan goes viral [Video]Pakistan arrests man for alleged links with Indian intel 'Pakistan’s support to terrorism is behind Kashmir turmoil'

The OHCHR stated that although the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) does not use the word “enforced disappearances”, it refers to a series of acts representing a continued violation of various right as enshrined in the Covenant.

Not just PoK, there have been several reports of such disappearances from Pakistan's Balochistan province. Earlier, to highlight the plight of Baloch activists being killed by the Pakistani regime, human rights activists from the World Baloch Organisation and the Baloch Republican Party carried out a campaign to highlight the worsening human rights situation in the province. Thousands of political activists, suspected armed separatists and people calling for the freedom of Balochistan have disappeared without a trace in Pakistan's restive province in the past decade.   

The OHCHR is a department of the UN that works for the promotion of human rights guaranteed under international law and stipulated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948.

anjs thumbnail

Jim Mattis on Pakistan: Most dangerous country I have dealt withPTI | Updated: Sep 4, 2019, 21:47 IST

PTI

HIGHLIGHTS

• Mattis said that the "radicalisation" of society and the country's fastest-growing nuclear arsenal make Pakistan dangerous
  • By the way, that is also the view of members of the Pakistan military. They realise what they've got going on there. They recognise it: Mattis

NEW YORK: Former US 

secretary of defence

Jim Mattis considers 

Pakistan

to be the most dangerous of all the countries he has dealt with, blaming it on the "radicalisation" of its society and the country's fastest-growing nuclear arsenal.

Mattis was speaking at an event on Tuesday at the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). He has co-authored the just released book ‘Call Sign Chaos: Learning to Lead'.

CFR President Richard Haass referred to a portion of the book in which Mattis talks about Pakistan, saying “Of all the countries I have dealt with, I consider Pakistan to be the most dangerous.”

When asked by Haass why he believes Pakistan is the most dangerous, Mattis said, "The radicalisation of their society. By the way, that is also the view of members of the Pakistan military. They realise what they've got going on there. They recognise it. It's a very twisted relationship between Pakistan and us.

"But when you take the radicalisation of the society and you add to it the fastest-growing nuclear arsenal I think in the world, you see why one of the points I would make that we need to focus on right now is arms control and nonproliferation efforts. This is a much worse problem, I think, than anyone's writing about today," he said.

Mattis has previously commanded troops in the Persian Gulf, 

Afghanistan

, Iraq and had headed up Central Command.

Answering a question on China, Mattis said the US can find a way to work with China, "but we are going to have to confront China where they are interrupting the universal or the order—the orders of the world where freedom of navigation and all.”

He added that he is “convinced we can find a way to work with China and for there to be peace.

"There doesn't — there are a lot of decisions to be taken, but it's going to take — it's going to take alliances, again. They are trying to gain a veto authority over their neighbours' diplomatic, economic, and security interests. That we have to recognise. They're piling massive debt, as Prime Minister Modi has pointed out, on other nations, and then when those nations can't service the debt they take sovereignty, like over the port in Sri Lanka,” he said, a reference to Beijing's ambitious Belt and Road Initiative

1Velerian thumbnail

sorry wrong post

Edited by 1Velerian - 4 years ago
1Velerian thumbnail

Edited by 1Velerian - 4 years ago
1Velerian thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hippopotamus160

Note the difference between these beghairats and me

They are constantly showing their hatred, insecurity and jealousy by attacking a country 

I am yet to make a comment on India

this is why i call them neechs and low life ...low iq mindset

these halkats do not even have the capacity to take such a neutral comment

and when u will do panga with me..

i will sort u out ...no matter how many u r

Nikal! pehli fursat mein nikal!😂😂😂