Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

I can't see ur post on shobna Thug? Which pg is it? 

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dedh

Sridevi was great, but not better and not more versatile than Madhuri. 

That's down to opinions, there are some who thought sridevi was better and some choose Madhuri, the item song was popularised by Sridevi first and Madhuri followed that trend. Both are different interms of classical dancing, I thought Sridevi was better as she had more diverse popular numbers than Madhuri.

dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: harun98

That's down to opinions, there are some who thought sridevi was better and some choose Madhuri, the item song was popularised by Sridevi first and Madhuri followed that trend. Both are different interms of classical dancing, I thought Sridevi was better as she had more diverse popular numbers than Madhuri.

I think Madhuri's thorough classical training always gave her the edge, even when she did western styles. As to item songs, I'm not saying you're wrong, but about Helen, THE ultimate queen of the (mini-)genre? Wasn't she doing them long before Sri and Mads, and in record numbers?   

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dedh

I think Madhuri's thorough classical training always gave her the edge, even when she did western styles. As to item songs, I'm not saying you're wrong, but about Helen, THE ultimate queen of the (mini-)genre? Wasn't she doing them long before Sri and Mads, and in record numbers?   

Helen wasn't leading actress, she was a dancer. Both the ladies knew classical dancing, Madhuri was trained in Kathak which appealed more to north Indians, sridevi knew Bharatnatyam, though she wasn't tutored or trained but picked up from her movie choreography.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Stark_Wolf

I can't see ur post on shobna Thug? Which pg is it? 

1st, I wrote her full name Shobana Chandrakumar Pillai