Views

Users

Frequent Posters

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: AreYaar

It’s a metaphor in Hindi. 

It means that a frog living inside a well starts to consider that well his world and doesn’t realize that there is much more outside beyond that well. 

So the analogy is that ppl get comfortable in their bubbles and lose a sense of reality.

Oh, so it's just like Plato's Cave.

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Exactly....the shaadi preps have upended the usual dynamics. Babes is in her own stressed headspace as a bride....Mini is in supergirl mode as always....in all this, the actual Mother-daughter feel has taken a bit of a backseat. 

I just feel wary cuz it’s all so sensitive to handle. Change is coming, but usually PB handles change well for the characters....Yahaan Babita has been in her messed up headspace for nearly a month...and Ab yeh issue for Mini needed Babita to be in a better mental space to handle....instead she was in her usual panicky child mode yesterday while trying to assure Mini. It didn’t give me much confidence 🤷‍♀️

Somehow I feel all this is deliberately done, in line with some of us feeling that the wedding was rushed without taking time to at least acknowledge these issues. I know it can't all be solved before the big day but the least they could do was be more conscious. Then again, they all have been through a LOT and too much insecurity within each person plus their fears of losing one another made them jump to take this decision. 

Let's see what happens.

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago
inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: MaaneetDeewangi

You gotta be kidding me 😳

This is not something that should be taken lightly!

What she said was beyond disgusting 🤬

At least I'm never forgiving her for this 😡

+1000. 

If she hadn't involved Minnie, I would have still given it a second thought. She's in the same club as Beeji for me now, in terms of the people I won't forgive. 

MaaneetDeewangi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: inlieu

I think this is the bit that ticked me off most. She chose to make him her brother and this is how she thinks of him? Is that how one treats a brother-sister relationship? Fine, she had a issue with Babita's words but what about Minnie? Doesn't she remember what HS has done for her? She was witness to a lot of it. 

She trampled over everything HS has done for mother-daughter and in a way for her too. If he hadn't encouraged Babita she may not have had this business and Kammo would not have had a job or become financially independent. 

Chaddo, I'm too mad at her right now. She better apologize to HS and I hope for once he calls her out in her behavior, as her brother. 

I haven't watched today's epi yet, but from what I've read Kammo had the audacity to come to the haldi, and she probably didn't even regret her words, mafi to door ki baat hai.

I was hoping she wouldn't show up par CVs itne meherbaan kahan hain 😒

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

Oh, so it's just like Plato's Cave.

I haven’t studied philosophy so I had to google this “Plato’s cave” but yep, that’s exactly the same analogy. 

I used the general Hindi slang I’ve grown up hearing 😆

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

I haven’t studied philosophy so I had to google this “Plato’s cave” but yep, that’s exactly the same analogy. 

I used the general Hindi slang I’ve grown up hearing 😆

LOLL, we can throw in HS' bachra analogy in here too since its meaning is the same as well. 😆

inlieu thumbnail

Lol thank you for sharing this. This resonates so much. I know enough women who do the same and it depresses me to no end. 

As women only, we are not holding ourselves to baseline self respect and are the first in line to tear down any woman for not hinging her identity and existence only on shaadi and pati 🤷‍♀️

The patriarchy runs super deep. Most women are completely indoctrinated and will never come out of this thinking 🤷‍♀️

Lol at people not watching cuz Babita is getting married instead of Mini 🙄....so they would be happier if Babita was remarrying Ashok instead? 

Bacchon ki shaadi dekhni hai rather than emancipating a woman 🤦‍♀️

Well there was a entire show about child marriage, if it so interests them. 

MaaneetDeewangi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: inlieu

+1000. 

If she hadn't involved Minnie, I would have still given it a second thought. She's in the same club as Beeji for me now, in terms of the people I won't forgive. 

It's that disgusting example she gave which pissed me off the most.

IMO she's worse than Beeji cuz Beeji has always been a two faced hypocrite, but I thought Kammo had changed for good, especially after tying rakhi on Hanuman. Us rishte ka hi lihaaz kar leti, but no she had to stoop so low 😡

inlieu thumbnail

I just don’t want this to cast an ugly shadow on the family scenes post the wedding and Mini feeling uncomfortable around HS and Babes. 

Thoda bahut adjustment I understand but yesterday’s vile words gave things an ugly twist. 

I think it's going to get uglier before it gets better. Not such a simple track, this one. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

LOLL, we can throw in HS' bachra analogy in here too since its meaning is the same as well. 😆

LOL HS ki favorite analogy is toh that “koi bhains khol ke le gaya kya”? 😆