Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fireiswithinus thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Saru.n

Exactly my point.. why are putting her in the light of abla naari, or why should she herself put herself in that spot, I think she is enough matured and educated to understand that there is no place for her in this relation..

Somebody said that she has no place to go, no way to survive other than living with Goenkas.. are we serious??? 

She seems educated and can make a career for herself... and who has said that getting separate from Kartik means Goenkas need to disown her.. if they really want to help her they should settle her.. help her make a career for herself and then when she finds a good loving man for herself marry her with him... instead of suffocating her into a relation which has nothing in store for her with a man who will never be hers even if Naira leaves again...

And again why is she clinging to a man who doesn't give her a damn, its not like Kartik is the last man on earth or there is nobody like him in this world.. rather he is man full of ego, and mistakes... and she knows it all...

Exactly ...this character makes me angry. Its like a girls responsbility means getting married off to the boy she likes... 

She claims to be mature and all then i fail to understand how she is unable to see ..anythimg not nairas pain or kartiks for that matter. I mean i understand you like him but she said naira made her promise she will go...she likes kartik so much that she is going to separate son and father?  Is this what love is about?  

If naira leaves then also kartik will remain lattu. Why bother to like such a man...if you want a life i wish she would atleast stand up for herself

shahz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Saru.n

Exactly my point.. why are putting her in the light of abla naari, or why should she herself put herself in that spot, I think she is enough matured and educated to understand that there is no place for her in this relation..

Somebody said that she has no place to go, no way to survive other than living with Goenkas.. are we serious??? 

She seems educated and can make a career for herself... and who has said that getting separate from Kartik means Goenkas need to disown her.. if they really want to help her they should settle her.. help her make a career for herself and then when she finds a good loving man for herself marry her with him... instead of suffocating her into a relation which has nothing in store for her with a man who will never be hers even if Naira leaves again...

And again why is she clinging to a man who doesn't give her a damn, its not like Kartik is the last man on earth or there is nobody like him in this world.. rather he is man full of ego, and mistakes... and she knows it all...

Exactly... Its really hard to sympathise with this character. She is delusional, has no self respect and mainly she just cares about what she wants and that's Kartik even if it means by force, in away Kartik was forced and she very well knows it. 

Forget Naira being back... Why would any women marry a guy who is being forced to marry her and is still madly in love with his dead wife. He was not seen giving her any importance even before Naira appeared so why is she shocked. What was she expecting? 

She doesn't care about Kartik or Kairav all she's bothered about is Naira keeping her promise to leave with Kairav. I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for her if any thing she irritates me so much and it I'm shocked as to why Pankuri took this character. I loved her in kya kasoor hai Amla ka and her other shows but this character has ruined her career image. I don't want Kaira together any time soon but I want Vedika out ASAP cuz shes just too pathetic to tolerate onscreen. 

CaptiveFreedom thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeartQuake

From where I see it , it's Kartik's fault much more than Vedika's. Marriage ko mazak bana kar rakh diya hai.. When I go back and watch the initial episodes of the show when it first aired , for a few years it was gold. The purity the integrity are lost. 

Why should Vedika break the marriage?? Why not Kartik?? He's simply stringing her along and living with both wives. Why not sit with both and resolve the situation once and for all. If he can't give Vedika her rights of a wife , he must let her go with full respect and alimony. How's it Vedika's fault that she got stuck between Kaira drama. Yes she knew that Kartik was still in love with his "dead " wife and she was ready to deal with it but here is the thing- she didn't know or could ever imagine that the so-called dead wife will come back like that. She didn't put a gun on Kartik and forced to marry her . His grandmother did that . Kartik is not a little kid . Agar shadi ki hai to jimmedari to leni padegi. 

Vedika is not the illegal wife here. She can easily go to court and prove that her marriage happened when Naira was thought to be dead by every one for the last 5 years . So the charge of polygamy doesn't hold.

By the way , only Naira can bring such a charge against Kartik and that too she can't because she faked her death. Faking events like death is considered part of identity theft. So ulta use hi saza milegi. 

Instead of chanting I'll leave the house , Naira should team up with Vedika and both should corner Kartik and give him a piece of their minds, demand to settle the two wives situation legally and socially. 

The way I see it Vedika has absolutely no fault. 

@bold Vedika can't go to court and prove her marriage legal ( even if we talk about court in fiction) As I've never seen fiction where they tried to show a law during court case which is NOT valid according to country's law...Vedika is illegal wife here because...

Naira was missing for 5 years not 7 years for their marriage to be annulled that also by court proceedings...

First of All Presumption of Death is governed by 

A person may be legally declared dead in absentia, i.e. a legal presumption of death may be declared, despite the absence of direct proof of the person's death, such as the finding of remains (e.g., a corpse or skeleton) attributable to that person. Such a declaration is typically made when a person has been missing for an extended period and in the absence of any evidence that the person is still alive – or after a much shorter period but where the circumstances surrounding a person's disappearance overwhelmingly support the belief that the person has died (e.g., an airplane crash).

In india presumption of death is governed by sections 107 and 108 of the Evidence Act, which allows for presumption of death for a person missing for 7 years to be raised in appropriate proceedings before the court.

To persume Naira dead without dead body Singhanias and Goenkas should have waited for 7 years...to get Kartik remarried...

Fake Death

faked death, also called a "staged death" and pseudocide, is a case in which an individual leaves evidence to suggest that they are dead to mislead others. This is done for a variety of reasons, such as to fraudulently collect insurance money, to avoid capture by law enforcement for some other crime, escape from being held hostage by abductors or as a practical prank.

Naira did not herself leave any evidence like dead body to make them believe that she died.....So according to Law...Naira did NOT faked her death...she abandoned them all...they themselves considered her dead the very next day of her being missing....they performed her last rights without ANY dead body...Here Goenkas and Singhanias considering Naira dead the very next day can be objectionable...

Bigamy

Bigamy - If either spouse was still legally married to another person at the time of the marriage then the marriage is void and no formal annulment is necessary..

In case of a spouse unheard of for more than 7 years, a presumption can be drawn under Section 108 of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872 (Evidence Act) that the spouse is dead. In such an event, the other spouse can marry a second time on the ground that the former marriage is dissolve due to the civil death of his/her spouse. 

So after 5 years of Naira abandoning Kartik....he is still married to Naira...and if Kartik is still legally married to Naira than Kartik and Vedika's marriage is categorized under bigamy...

They are not showing any court case or custody battle because they know if they show court scenes...they will to show actual law of country even in fiction they can't change country's law...so they are letting regressive illiterate Goenkas and Singhanias assume law without consulting lawyer....

Edited by CaptiveFreedom - 4 years ago
rose2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeartQuake

That was not my point. Why should she figure out and why the hell should she leave Kartik,  her husband just like that ?? What about her life , her happiness,  her reputation??

Why the hell Vedika should give Kartik and Naira an easy exit as a parting gift?? She didn't sign up for this. She didn't marry a guy knowing that his first wife is alive. 

Lots of people lose their 1st spouse,  grieve them for a long time , yet they do get married again and yes in many cases they do it half heartedly or due to family insistence or pressure just like Kartik did and that does not mean it makes a weak basis for a 2nd marriage. Eventually they do make a successful 2nd marriage and move on , accept their new spouse etc. Provided the 1st spouse doesn't return out of the blue! Now why would one even think of such an absurd thing before marrying a widow or widower ??

So yes even if Vedika saw Kartik grieving over Naira all these years , that's absolutely no reason why she shouldn't agree for this marriage. She didn't get a vision of the future that'd warm her off that Naira will return. Why'd she back out from an opportunity to marry the man she loves ,when she knows Kartik has given consent ?? Surely she hoped that once married their relationship would improve over time and they'll get closer and maybe they would , if not for the fact of Naira's return. After all , marriage is a big thing. Kartik would of course never love anyone like he did Naira and give her place to anyone else but eventually he would've surely accepted and consummated the marriage if Naira stayed fake dead forever, or else why'd he even agree for the marriage knowing clear and well that his family is marrying him off for an heir and also it's unfair to Vedika otherwise. Akhir kuch to socha hoga Kartik ne shadi karne se pehele. 

My point here is , Vedika is absolutely in no way responsible for the mess she's stuck into and she must not let the people who made her life her dreams her marriage a joke a easy getaway. She shouldn't leave on her own .Kartik must plead her and apologize to her profusely and Naira too and only then she'd leave after letting them know that she's doing them an immense favor for which they should forever be grateful towards Vedika. 

Imagine if this had happened to their daughter,  how'd they feel ??

Thank you for saying this in such a proper way. I agree with you but I think what will happen is that she herself will get fed up and decide to leave Karthik as he is too immature to handle things in a proper way. I hope she gets a respectful exit from the show.