Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

youth_showsfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: truptishree

Here I completely agree with you and that’s why whenever she utters about truth and honesty seriously I just want to smack her and feel like to push her from the same terrace where she did all that jumping drama.

This feeling gets much more stronger to strangle her if you see earlier episodes she was hell bent to tell truth all the time and for her Family always came first only few times she lied for Sameer.

Only because of her half truth Sameer suffered too much.

TBH I am still not able to  forgive her for hiding truth about paper stealing as well as break up phase.

You know I said the same thing in one of Uma’s thread I guess

Jo Boond se gayi woh  houdh se nahi Aati.

CVs tried hard to do damage control regarding her character specially after Anand’s approval but this nagging feeling  was still there.

after break up phase i was expecting cvs to show naina trying to win sameer's love n trust again like he did in pooja di's marriage track....dt would have been amazing to see... dt whole munna n naina conversation was damn meany... n when naina says mauka milne toh de sabit kar doongi... toh mauka jab mila tab toh chachaji raag gaya... 

naina b4 break up track was so loving and caring... she understood sameer so well...

dt paper stealing wala toh 🤬

Edited by youth_showsfan - 4 years ago
aardhan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: youth_showsfan

after break up phase i was expecting cvs to show naina trying to win sameer's love n trust again like he did in pooja di's marriage track....dt would have been amazing to see... dt whole munna n naina conversation was damn meany... n when naina says mauka milne toh de sabit kar doongi... toh mauka jab mila tab toh chachaji raag gaya... 

naina b4 break up track was so loving and caring... she understood sameer so well...

dt paper stealing wala toh 🤬

Ditto Srishti..... I expected the same..... In fact Naina should have put in a lot of efforts to win back Sameer's trust.... It should have been a reversal of what Sameer did at Pooja's wedding...... But of course CVs wanted it to be all about Naina..... so she was made superwoman all through the 2nd year! And Sameer was left out in the cold..... In fact everything he did then was out of fear that Naina might leave again..... it was he who tried to do so much so that Naina will stay with him.... For sometime he literally did not think of anything else..... There was no personal growth for him in that phase...... And Naina was just enjoying all that, in her lala land at that point..... At no point did she even think what Sameer would be feeling or about his progress.... Actually the night of Munna's engagement party when she went home crying after her argument with Sameer, it was some pointed questions from chachi that made her think from Sameer's POV..... for the first time it hit her that she had not done much for Sameer or helped him grow...... AFter chacha's approval it had become all about her...... And that was when that feeling of guilt hit her.... and it was immediately followed by Mama's betrayal and it hit her even harder that she had failed to read his problems or even failed to help him with his ambitions of running Nanu's business......

Sameer's character never got the much needed validation.... neither from Vishaka, and definitely not from Somani..... somewhere I felt he got a raw deal.... even at the end Rakesh repented for how he had treated Naina and rectified it but not Vishaka.... they never showed Vishaka repenting for how shabbily she treated her own son for no fault of his...... She never repented the fact that Sameer's life became collateral damage when she remarried.... They made it appear that she had no choice and rather it was Sameer's fault for not understanding her, when Sameer may have been only 4 or 5 years old.... She also never repented that she never recognized his talents, rather she tried to make him Rohan #2, without understanding him for what he was! And all through school her love was so conditional..... based on Sameer's marks..... Only after Delhi she herself saw her son's sensitive side, and it was again more efforts from Sameer than her...... And she slowly started supporting him a little.....

And then of course the paper stealing issue.....  So I'll always be disappointed about this aspect.....

Edited by aardhan - 4 years ago
USwamy thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hey guys,

Totally agree with all of you. I have been binge watching YUD since the show ended and thoroughly enjoying. Though I have seen many epis from PVKM but have watched it selectively and selective scenes at that. Now I am watching whole epis and PVKM epis are truly magic.  The script, dialogues, VO , all are brilliant and it is Ashis acting that really stands out. RD has improved a lot and by the time we reached Delhi, he was fantastic. Have already reached the Romeo and Juliet epi. Dialogues are truly funny. Because the show is two years old, there are so many dialogues, VOs that I have forgotten, so totally enjoying. Also, now that I know the ending of the  show, the earlier dialogues make so much sense now.

Till the time Sameer’s VO came on the show, was a bit uncertain about the outcome of their love story, as in was it just about Naina’s first love etc.? Though there were enough hints in the earliest VOs also. Eg. Naina’s VO comparing the two love stories, hers and Arjun-Shefali’s and talking about their respective journeys and outcomes. Truly, we all know how the two love stories turned out. The Rakhi epi where she says that it was funny that a couple’s fondest memories are linked to Rakhi.

Shefali and Arjun’s story was also so interesting. Sad it met the fate it did in the show. Started out so good. Also Arjun’s characterisation was so realistic from the beginning. He was a loser and so much under pressure by Rakesh, you feel sorry for him.

Also, Swati and Shefali’s friendship with Naina was adorable. They talked so much about every day happenings and also the time when Swati is infatuated by Sameer is so cute. I feel somewhere after Preeti’s consent and support to Samaina’s love story, Swati and Shefali ‘s friendship with Naina took a back seat. Missed that in later epis.

@ Trupti- was remembering you during the whole paper stealing epis.

Also agree with you guys that the PVKM Naina was so altered later on. Every time, Sameer is nearby and she could feel his presence by the wind/ breeze was so magical and symbolic/ representative of his name.

I had also expected a redemption track for Naina after the break up. Alas, if nothing else, I felt, atleast after Sharad’s beating incident at the college where Naina tells her friends that she is tired of hurting everyone, especially Sameer, and then goes home to call Sameer to the temple next day as Chachaji has called him, she could have told him that she wants to meet him before that and told him that she was wrong, she doesn’t know why Chachaji has called them but she is tired of fighting and running away from him and will speak to Chachaji about them and face the consequences. Then next day could have been surprised by Chachaji s support. My biggest complaint was that she patched up after Chachaji ‘s consent and not because of her inability to stay away from Sameer.

Anyway, Season 2 seems no where in sight.

Cheers!

Uma

truptishree thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

@Aarti ,Uma and Shrishti

Completely agree whatever you guys said.

Same even I expected mini redemption track of Naina  after break up phase for putting him through so much pain without any of his fault but sadly we got nothing and CVs made it all about Naina only. In fact Sharad track was to make viewers sympathetic towards Naina and they literally made mockery of Sameer’s pain by turning him into Baba mode which still boils my blood.

And what to say about paper stealing yaar that one more thing still makes me angry.

Even I started watching old episodes and I seriously wonder is this the same Naina we saw in later episodes?

PVKM Naina was sympathetic,compassionate,helpful and truthful also but later her character was butchered so much but still she was such a Mahan FL of ITV.

During paper stealing she was hell bent to punish Sameer and she didn’t even give him chance to explain himself. She believed her half truth only.

I remember her and Shefali’s conversation.

Shefali was right Naina was thinking that only she is right and being Judge she is giving judgment that Sameer is culprit.she should give Sameer a chance to explain himself and that time also Naina was saying same thing Me,Me only Me and My Useless Family.

@Uma

Don’t get me started on that  Temple meeting and Anand’s approval.

Man when Naina winked at Sameer honestly I just wanted to strangle her.

How anyone can get so shameless and not an ounce of regret for putting someone through so much of pain because of your one sided wrong decision!

Look at Sameer when he made that bet he regretted every time and even older Sameer also regretted it.

TBH he was not even guilty in the first place because for that bet Arjun,Naina and Sameer were equally responsible but only he faced the consequences of it.

I completely agree with Aarti that he never got that much needed validation from anyone.

He is the most misunderstood soul who always paid price for somebody else’s mistakes.

Be it Arjun or even Naina also.

See if any other boy would’ve been in his place he would’ve questioned Naina blamed her for putting him through so much pain but he didn’t.

He accepted her gladly because he was so happy to have her back in his life but on other hand look at Naina she wanted him to take Sanyas for proposing Sunaina and she even put entire blame on  him for Sunaina situation and said she did all because of her family but what was his excuse?

See she completely ignored his pain hurt and suffering in front of her pain.

Not a tiniest regret.

Edited by truptishree - 4 years ago
truptishree thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: USwamy

@ Trupti- was remembering you during the whole paper stealing epis.

Also agree with you guys that the PVKM Naina was so altered later on. Every time, Sameer is nearby and she could feel his presence by the wind/ breeze was so magical and symbolic/ representative of his name.

I had also expected a redemption track for Naina after the break up. Alas, if nothing else, I felt, atleast after Sharad’s beating incident at the college where Naina tells her friends that she is tired of hurting everyone, especially Sameer, and then goes home to call Sameer to the temple next day as Chachaji has called him, she could have told him that she wants to meet him before that and told him that she was wrong, she doesn’t know why Chachaji has called them but she is tired of fighting and running away from him and will speak to Chachaji about them and face the consequences. Then next day could have been surprised by Chachaji s support. My biggest complaint was that she patched up after Chachaji ‘s consent and not because of her inability to stay away from Sameer.

Anyway, Season 2 seems no where in sight.

Cheers!

Uma

Bold- I forgot to mention in my above post about it.

Same sentiments yaar.

I still feel if Anand wouldn’t have said yes IDT Naina would’ve come back to Sameer.

See she came to him only after Anand’s approval not because she loves him.

She is the one who made big big claim to love him more than the world. She is the one who told him jo pyaar karte hein woh kisise darte nahi, jaha pyaar hota hain Waha Dar nahi  hota ,pyaar  puri duniyase Ladne ki takat deta hain but when time came she literally left the battle ground without even fighting.

You know I so wanted her to come back to him because she loves him and can’t stay with out him but sadly it was not the case.

That whole track as well as paper stealing issue  proved that for her always her Family mattered not Sameer. It literally  makes us wonder where is that Love?

Was it just situational?

When situations were in her favour she loved him and when it was not in her favour she literally dropped him like a hot potato without even giving a second thought.

Edited by truptishree - 4 years ago
aardhan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Trupti and Uma, sometimes I wish Sumit Muttal himself should’ve written for Sameer. We may have got to see that eagerness and drive in him to succeed. I feel Sumit may have written Sameer’s POv better. The way the story was presented, they always showed Sameer succeeded only when he wanted to do something for Naina or made a promise to her.  other than that he didn’t want to do anything. While I understand they wanted to show that all Sameer needed was love, emotional stability that comes with having a family and love to motivate him and help him to move forward, and lack of that being his reason to not work during school, yet I feel they should have shown that more effectively rather than implying it.

The original Sameer who did show that kind of determination was mellowed down a lot after the breakup, so much that not even once did he show his flashes of brilliance like he did with the RJ job or the freshers. From their patch up until mama’s betrayal everything he did had a tinge of fear that Naina will leave again and after their marriage she even threatened that a few times for any number of reasons. Even the wedding, everyone praised only Mundit and not him who was the main organizer and made sure things were arranged on time. He’s the hero, they could’ve Written some of those dialogs keeping that in mind or shown flashes of his brilliance or more jugadu Sameer, at least when he was trying in Mumbai. 

Even though they showed that they succeeded in the end, and Naina and Rakesh praised him to the moon and credited him as being the reason they succeeded In Mumbai,  still I’m disappointed that they never showed that in visuals. They always showed Sameer losing and could succeed only with Naina. That is kinda nonsense  whereas from what i saw and read Sumit was successful on his own  in fact he first started  writing and then Shashi. And he was moderately successful even in acting though unfortunately his shows as leads didn’t get picked by the channels. Also Sumit was more successful as a model too, wish they had at least shown Sameer kept getting ads. 

I feel somewhere Sameer’s journey was cut and the makers changed their ideas for him because somewhere more viewers were impatient and wanted to see writer Naina. Isn’t is odd that from the very first moment of the show, people knew Naina is a famous writer but no one knew what Sameer was. They wanted to see her become that writer but were not curious to see what he had become! Everyone just assumed he would become Sumit because she was Shashi. Yes, I agree, it was important to see her journey but they kind of rushed into that. And once they started hers, they ignored Sameer completely..... this is where I wish they atleast had dialogs saying he kept getting ads or something like that.....  Anyway......... water under the bridge.......

Next time I’ll get off this horse and write about things I enjoyed....... which were many. smiley4

Edited by aardhan - 4 years ago
USwamy thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aardhan

Trupti and Uma, sometimes I wish Sumit Muttal himself should’ve written for Sameer. We may have got to see that eagerness and drive in him to succeed. I feel Sumit may have written Sameer’s POv better. The way the story was presented, they always showed Sameer succeeded only when he wanted to do something for Naina or made a promise to her.  other than that he didn’t want to do anything. While I understand they wanted to show that all Sameer needed was love, emotional stability that comes with having a family and love to motivate him and help him to move forward, and lack of that being his reason to not work during school, yet I feel they should have shown that more effectively rather than implying it.

The original Sameer who did show that kind of determination was mellowed down a lot after the breakup, so much that not even once did he show his flashes of brilliance like he did with the RJ job or the freshers. From their patch up until mama’s betrayal everything he did had a tinge of fear that Naina will leave again and after their marriage she even threatened that a few times for any number of reasons. Even the wedding, everyone praised only Mundit and not him who was the main organizer and made sure things were arranged on time. He’s the hero, they could’ve Written some of those dialogs keeping that in mind or shown flashes of his brilliance or more jugadu Sameer, at least when he was trying in Mumbai. 

Even though they showed that they succeeded in the end, and Naina and Rakesh praised him to the moon and credited him as being the reason they succeeded In Mumbai,  still I’m disappointed that they never showed that in visuals. They always showed Sameer losing and could succeed only with Naina. That is kinda nonsense  whereas from what i saw and read Sumit was successful on his own  in fact he first started  writing and then Shashi. And he was moderately successful even in acting though unfortunately his shows as leads didn’t get picked by the channels. Also Sumit was more successful as a model too, wish they had at least shown Sameer kept getting ads. 

I feel somewhere Sameer’s journey was cut and the makers changed their ideas for him because somewhere more viewers were impatient and wanted to see writer Naina. Isn’t is odd that from the very first moment of the show, people knew Naina is a famous writer but no one knew what Sameer was. They wanted to see her become that writer but were not curious to see what he had become! Everyone just assumed he would become Sumit because she was Shashi. Yes, I agree, it was important to see her journey but they kind of rushed into that. And once they started hers, they ignored Sameer completely..... this is where I wish they atleast had dialogs saying he kept getting ads or something like that.....  Anyway......... water under the bridge.......

Next time I’ll get off this horse and write about things I enjoyed....... which were many. smiley4

@bold - totally agree. I for one was more curious about Sam’s journey coz we didn’t know what he became. Anyway, true that, water under the bridge😃

Speaking of things we enjoyed, like I said, am rewatching from the beginning. Have reached the mount Abu trip. What I am enjoying is the fresh lens with which I am seeing old scenes. Was watching the epi where Sam gets the teddy bear and they meet at sun set point and is about to confess the magical words and he can’t. Every time he says ‘I’, he gets different fbs. For the first time he says ‘I” with so much love and he is getting all her good fbs including her bhaloo dress, her sipahi costume and the very next ‘I” , he gets all the negative fbs of paper stealing, Rakesh slapping, Naina accusing. The turmoil within is so beautifully portrayed. He is trying to weigh the good against bad and is getting torn between the two. RD has done those particular scenes brilliantly.

youth_showsfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

knock knock koi hai?😆