Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

Even I promised never to come on the forum again but I got to know just now about the show ending, and it was a bitter sweet feeling given that I felt bad for zain and shrenu's efforts, I felt bad for tanvi, I felt bad for the producer whose ideas and vision was clearly screwed over by impatient and greedy SP. I was also not shocked given that the moment I heard about the revamp and them kicking out tanvi I knew the show would not last long as such drastic changes all of a sudden when the show had only just begun from my experience always spells trouble for shows as it means a show is already losing touch with its original plot and script. Shrenu was also ruined by downgrading her character from grey jhanvi who you could empathise with to this nonsensical pooja just to force a romance between shrenu and zain. 

You said everything I had been thinking about on the baseless criticism given to kabir-kavya relationship that was then conveniently ignored and defended against for kabir-pooja. Pooja and kabir's love story was the real definition of a forced love story, not a man marrying his best friend's widow. 

Honestly, after tashan-e-ishq and then naamkarann, two shows that contributed to his popularity, this show really didn't do much for zain. I feel so bad for him, but now I hope he chooses his next project wisely. I hope he does a show with zee again or this time try colors. I just want to see zain go far and nothing else. 

trinitodebone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammy17

Even I promised never to come on the forum again but I got to know just now about the show ending, and it was a bitter sweet feeling given that I felt bad for zain and shrenu's efforts, I felt bad for tanvi, I felt bad for the producer whose ideas and vision was clearly screwed over by impatient and greedy SP. I was also not shocked given that the moment I heard about the revamp and them kicking out tanvi I knew the show would not last long as such drastic changes all of a sudden when the show had only just begun from my experience always spells trouble for shows as it means a show is already losing touch with its original plot and script. Shrenu was also ruined by downgrading her character from grey jhanvi who you could empathise with to this nonsensical pooja just to force a romance between shrenu and zain. 

You said everything I had been thinking about on the baseless criticism given to kabir-kavya relationship that was then conveniently ignored and defended against for kabir-pooja. Pooja and kabir's love story was the real definition of a forced love story, not a man marrying his best friend's widow. 

Honestly, after tashan-e-ishq and then naamkarann, two shows that contributed to his popularity, this show really didn't do much for zain. I feel so bad for him, but now I hope he chooses his next project wisely. I hope he does a show with zee again or this time try colors. I just want to see zain go far and nothing else. 

It is certainly a pity that the channel interfered with the producer’s original vision in an attempt to get quick ratings. I am from the west and look at mainly western shows. I stumbled upon indian tv a few years ago and look at a few shows on and off here and there. From what I have seen most are love stories between one main couple with  often illogical and cliched  twists and turns to provide drama. Anything else eg social issues, family relations if there initially are ultimately relegated to the backgd and just there to provide a backdrop to the romantic storyline . Indeed shows which try to do something different ( for indian tv that is) like a show on the first female don of Mumbai, an Indian queen standing up to British oppression , a father teaching his daughter boxing dealing  with gender issues etc  get low ratings and have limited runs. It seems the viewing audience  ultimately want primarily romance . I wonder why that is and why most shows on indian tv are soaps which inherently deal with personal relationships and romance. In the west there is a plethora of shows to suit all tastes dramas, mysteries , comedies, period pieces, documentaries some with no romantic storyline or a romantic storyline just as a minor subplot. I believe in the west soaps  are mainly looked at by housewives , stay at home moms,  retired women and if anyone else looks at it it is often considered a guilty pleasure as it is not really considered  quality tv. But in India it seems generations of families look at soaps and of all ages and backgds and it seems young and perhaps older women all over the world are addicted to them too. I heard Korean Thai Turkish and Pakistani soaps are quite popular too  . Quite an interesting phenomenon .

What would have been interesting and I guess iconic and groundbreaking for indian tv would have been to see the primarily revenge drama as originally scripted with no romance or minor romantic subplots. From what I have heard Zain say in interviews and from his entire body of work since the beginning of his career he seems to be open to diverse roles whether positive or negative, a lead or a cameo as long as he finds the role interesting and challenging as an actor. I respect that as opposed to an actor who only wants to play s romantic role or a positive or lead role  because this is what is popular with his fans or the audience generally

I don’t think Zain necessarily made a wrong decision based on what was originally pitched to him - a primarily revenge drama. But the channel interference ,the forced illogical revamp ,the early timeslot  and indeed audience tastes ( wanting mainly a romantic show primarily as opposed to  a revenge saga, looking at a show for a favourite actor(s)  as opposed to the writing storyline  and wanting their favs to be in a lead positive romantic role , paired up with each other, wanting their favs to have lots of screen space all the time and the audience ability to express their desires vocally on social media and potentially influence the direction of the storyline   )   all contributed to the demise . Generally speaking the pressure of getting ratings in a limited time , having  to air daily episodes and having infinite storylines which makes for repetitive writing  as there is only so much you can do with a primarily romantic storyline as well as having shows available online but only tv ratings count don’t help either.

There seems to be no sure formula for success. For eg subsequent seasons or spin offs of popular shows can be a failure, you can have two famous leads and a show can tank, you can have two unknowns and get a sleeper hit

Acting  is inherently an unstable unpredictable profession and actors know this . So while the actors may be disappointed I am sure they are always on the look out for their next projects and indeed healthy bank accounts and other sources of income ads sponsorships photoshoots ( Zain also has shares in some restaurants it seems) also helps . Who knows I remember Shaheer Sheikh saying when his previous show was suddenly pulled after a short run that he did not consider it a failure as he was challenged as an actor so who knows how Zain feels . Ratings are not the only sign of success if you are creatively satisfied or simply enjoyed  the experience though Zain seems to focus on ratings to some extent so there will be some disappointment there. You win some and lose some so hopefully the entire cast will move on to shows which are successful so to speak. Hopefully audience tastes also evolve.

Edited by trinitodebone - 4 years ago
NidhaA thumbnail

When a change in storyline is so illogical, then shutting down is the best option.

I can understand the Mittals being angry at Pooja for what she brought them down to but I cannot understand Kabir’s sudden turn of character. I am not speaking about his present ploy. I have a problem with Kabir being blind to what the elders in his family did. He knew what his father did but he doesn’t know (doesn’t attempt to) unearth more about it. The people who were involved in it (his mother, aunt and grandfather) have now conveniently forgotten what they did. They are more bothered about netting out punishment to Pooja when they deserve the same for what they did to two young girls.

Kabir’s present turn of character could be justified if despite doing all possible penance Pooja continued torturing his family and that caused him to snap. 

As for Kabir - Pooja marriage , it’s just as insignificant as Kabir’s first marriage. 

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeingCool

ReVamp is big mistake of EBSS.I still miss janvi ,pk and manohar 

Like the pun there. 👏

sumz_d thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammy17

Also remember that Kavya's scene of doing prayers for Kabir? Remember how some fans here criticized and bashed the scene stating it was "regressive"? 

Now after the revamp, when an OTT scene was shown between Kabir and Pooja in the mandir with that "sindoor" then it wasnt considered regressive🤪No one really bashed or criticized that scene as much as they had criticized Kavya praying scene. 

Their hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me really😵

This show had so much of potential! If only makers had stuck to their original story and never gave in to these fans fantasies. 

"Sigh" 🥱