Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: fria319

@Bold ... I'm torn on the friendship part of this story.  Even if they were to mend their friendship, in reality, these types of betrayals takes years to get past, even if the one at fault asked for sincere forgiveness and the one who was hurt does forgive. Noor threatened his wife.  That's a big thing.  How does Azaan even move past that? Why should he?  

Even if he does forgive (because let's face it, where's the story if he doesn't), forgiving isn't the same thing as forgetting nor does it mean that they need to have the same friendship as they once had.  (Which i also felt the writers definitely dropped the ball on showing. their friendship always seemed superficial at best, with them only knowing things about each other because they grew up together and thats what happens when you grow up with people). 

I feel like if I was his wife, I would lose a lot of respect for him, who as my husband, decided to eventually salvage a relationship with someone who wanted to steal him from me.  In the real world this makes no sense.  But I guess that will be Shaira's role - to mend the relationship between Azaan and Noor - and that's probably why they made her so soft-hearted and forgiving.  

I agree.  The friendship was one-sided and superficial.  It will take a lot for Azaan to move past what Noor has done to Shayra and her attitude towards him.  This situation breaks the image/illusion both he and Razia Begum had…

It was foreshadowed from the first episode that Shayra would be the one correcting Noor's ways and guiding her.  Hope the writers also remember that Shayra fought against injustice too and not make her victim to Noor or Surraya's plans.

Divorce will not happen but ShaZaan seem destined to steer wayward Noor through life...

Edited by The_May_Rose - 4 years ago
Sushma_Reddy thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Maya is dark character and it was shown dark,no pity for maya from starting.....but I am confused of Noor being grey or dark char from story and here action of Noor was shown as innocent and saaf dil...

P.S: Purely my opinion , jenny gave life to the maya and her acting is incomparable....

Edited by sahisri - 4 years ago
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: fria319

@Bold... THISSSSSSSS. Since the beginning of the show Noor had questionable qualities already, yet it was initially written off as "childish-like" qualities (I still don't understand how thats ever a good thing for a grown woman...but ok, I accepted it), which meant that although Noor wasn't wise and mature like Shaira, that doesn't mean that she was a bad person.  

And then the fire happened and Noor's characterization just took a nosedive into the mentally unstable, dark, evil character territory.  Her behavior now just shows that she doesn't really value or respect any of her relationships with others, and therefore like you said, has very little to no humanity left. She's incredibly selfish, and they are not showing any sense of remorse or second guessing of her own actions. How does an audience member sympathize with that? And whats going on now - with Shaira being in the hospital, etc, it's just horrible. 

Till the point she reminded Azaan that they rescued Shayra together, she could have regretted her actions.  She was unstable and selfish but the memory of her mother had some effect in the previous episode.  Instead she told Azaan, she should have left his wife to die...

That was evil and heartless… I can never sympathise with her after this...I thought the writers would not go so far but they did...

Edited by The_May_Rose - 4 years ago