Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: davos

lol. No one is saying you have to spare criticism towards any one character.  Just that you blaming Abhi for everything that happens on the show is not going to make it true. Disha-Purab ke beech mein jo hua... Abhi's not responsible for it. Alia is. I could've blamed Disha for instigating the nonsense between Abhi-Pragya with each one of them taking one child. It was Disha's hairbrain idea. 

I can blame abhi where I see his faults and his ignorance to people's mistakes. And yes I already know disha was the one who suggested the splitting of the twins and aliya agreeing etc etc etc. I haven't over-looked the mistakes of any of the characters and know none of the characters are perfect either (even disha didn't put a gun to abhigya's head to agree to her advice), but I'm also not going to try to frame one character as completely faultless out of love for a character. 

And when did I say that abhi is responsible for what happened between purab-disha, when I clearly pointed out that his fault is that he has always overlooked aliya's mistakes and letting her off scott free (in this case her sleeping with his married friend/ also intentionally breaking purab-disha marriage as she always tried to for ages then clearly not reprimanding or punishing her as her older brother as usual and now letting her roam free in his house around his daughter like aliya is an innocent soul capable of giving good upbringing to his daughter etc), plus I even blamed purab for staying in mehra house with disha around aliya in the first place, which allowed aliya to break his marriage. If anything everything aliya does and continues to do is on part due to abhi overlooking and not reprimanding aliya's mistakes, which he now does with rhea too. 

Please spare me the taunt of me apparently trying to blame your favourite character of everything as if abhi is so sacred that nobody is allowed to criticise his character without you accusing me of blaming him for everything that is also clearly his fault. 

If you don't agree with all my points then that's perfectly fine as we all have different perspectives, but don't try and say that I blame him for everything that goes wrong for no reason even when I've put valid points across for my criticism of abhi and then also accuse me of blaming him for things I never accused him of in the first place, such as you saying that I blamed him for what happened between disha-purab which I never did say, as all I had said was a critique of abhi's actions post purab-aliya affair like why aliya is still roaming around his house, aliya getting off scott free and controlling his house and daughter whilst he let disha-sunny leave the house etc. Why couldn't he tell aliya-purab to leave and disha-sunny to stay with him in the house as his sister and best friend practically broke her home, ruined her life, disha saw him as her brother and sunny saw him as a father figure too, but both purab and abhi didn't give a shit about anything but their own emotions now did they. Or as usual does abhi see his precious sister as innocent? One of your first responses to me was abhi must have been broken after pragya left and trying to handle himself so what could he do.... and my response is, he does this to himself. Can't live without pragya? Hopeless without pragya? Then don't blame her for everything that goes wrong, realise your own follies when things go wrong and treat your wife with love and respect and definitely don't kick her out of you're life because you clearly can't handle yourself or others without her support. 

I don't get why you're showing such an over-defensiveness to critique for abhi to the point you actually have to go down the route of telling a forum member to stop blaming abhi for everything bad that happens. You might not believe it, but I don't simply blame abhi for things because it gives me pleasure and satisfaction to bash him, but because I genuinely dislike his attitude and approach to things more than any other character in the show and I will point that out wherever I feel so to. 

Edited by sammy17 - 4 years ago
poiu123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Janas2017

@sammy, even I didn't watch KRHPK always. Somehow I didn't like Erica's acting. She seemed too rigid. Shaheer was good. But, I mentioned this because someone mentioned the story in brief.

PB, I watch on and off. But I like the concept. No character is bad or good. They didn't show the second wife as a witch. Unfortunately the makers terminated her character. Similarly, Paridhi also has her fears, her hate. Not shown as Sati Savitri like Pragya is. And most importantly, though she is not shown as highly educated, she tries to stand up on her feet and become self sufficient. Similarly, in laws r shown as nice too. OC, the series has its flaws, but it is way, way better than the regressive mentality we r subjected to here. Only because EK had the means, she can convincingly carry on with rotten rubbishes in her shows.

It's not right to blame EK.  The TRP viewers are watching the show and keep it in Top 5 for 5 years now. The Sony shows have better content but can't bring in TRPs.  If the TV audience is not interested,  makers can't do anything.  And online viewers don't count. 

TRP comes from Indian Audience watching on TV. 

Edited by poiu123 - 4 years ago
Christie2017 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

@poiu, in a way u r right. But EK has the means to influence people through SM. This is done by many Bollywood producers and actors. Before movies release for instance,vthere would be intebse marketing of not just the movie but also how this actor had helped so and so. She also is doing it and people being gullible do fall in these traps. 

Miss-Behave thumbnail

@poiu, in a way u r right. But EK has the means to influence people through SM. This is done by many Bollywood producers and actors. Before movies release for instance,vthere would be intebse marketing of not just the movie but also how this actor had helped so and so. She also is doing it and people being gullible do fall in these traps. 

Yes as we can't forget that it was in fact ekta kapoor with her K serials that brought about the change in ITV content that we see today and complain about. I have read numerous articles over the years that give credit to ekta and the massive success of her K serials that influenced other serial producers to follow suit in the type of OTT and mostly regressive family/ saas-bahu drama ekta's k serials showed, eventually to the point that it was these kind of serials that were made only from then on and the audience became so used to the melodramatic format of indian serials that this was all they found entertaining. Anything that went outside of this format was overlooked in favour of high-octane family drama with tons of kitchen politics. 

When ekta was the one who created this wave of change that resulted in serials full of women-centric kitchen politics and regressive family drama, if ekta and her naagin serial was able to bring an influx of supernatural shows (although it was sasural simar ka who actually started this supernatural obsession before ekta released naagin) then ekta has the ability to make a lot of other content apart from family drama/ kitchen politics popular; it's all about the high-scale and interesting presentation of a concept that really gets the tv viewing audience to watch serials. Heard zee will be coming out with a crime thriller about a serial killer, so would love seeing ekta attempt a crime thriller. Ek haseena thi's success bought about a desire for more finite series even before naagin came. 

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

i think disha didn't even want purab's shadow near her or sunny as he cheated her.that's why purab couldn't be a father to sunny.but I can't understand how purab cheated disha as he loved her n hated aliya

Miss-Behave thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

i think disha didn't even want purab's shadow near her or sunny as he cheated her.that's why purab couldn't be a father to sunny.but I can't understand how purab cheated disha as he loved her n hated aliya

That makes sense but I believe that they wouldn't want to tarnish purab's character so they'll probs reveal that aliya drugged him or something and he thought he cheated on disha and got aliya pregnant.... predictably!

poiu123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I think the core audience for EK shows is semi urban middle class homemakers. I remember EK mentioning in some interview that she targets those in her TV soaps and hence they are hugely successful.

She recommended ALT Balaji shows for youth and working people.