Frequent Posters

divyadaya13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
 Liked each and every opinion. πŸ‘
AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I have been in kind of a similar situation with my cousin and yes i stood by my sil who was right. However their marraige was in trouble due to interfering relatives. Everyone except my siblings felt was wrong to support the outsider i know for 7 years. However  good sense prevailed due to our family friend who forced them for councelling and now they are together. 
For me it was about my peace of mind 

Edited by AnjuRish - 5 years ago
Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I have lived through this situation but it was my sister-in-law going through this. Meaning Babes was my Nanad!!! 
Having seen what it did to her first hand, regardless who it would involve, my heart and my support will be with the woman!!! 
Padmajaan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: divyadaya13

I hope no one gets offended. This question popped in my mind and made me restless. So thought about sharing it here and want to know opinion of all my friends here. I myself did not have an answer to this and it made me feel bad about myself

What if it was our mother and brother in place of beeji and ashok respectively? We all who are supporters of babes and woman like her what would we do. Since babes is a stranger to us, we can easily support and share our opinions. 

Pls friends this question is not to offend anyone. Pls do share your views.

If my mother and brother were like beeji and ashok and if my bhabhi was like babita and my niece was like minni I would a 100% support and understand and stand with my bhabhi and niece. I am sure of that because what is so outright wrong is wrong no matter who is the perpetrator.

I love the show but feel bad that there are no shades to the characters. The wrong ones are so blatantly and so obviously and so in-your-face wrong and the right ones are so so right. So it's very easy. Had there been shades there would be scope for dilemma. Here there is just no scope for dilemma.
Edited by Padmajaan - 5 years ago
SK1509 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Padmajaan

If my mother and brother were like beeji and ashok and if my bhabhi was like babita and my niece was like minni I would a 100% support and understand and stand with my bhabhi and niece. I am sure of that because what is so outright wrong is wrong no matter who is the perpetrator.

I love the show but feel bad that there are no shades to the characters. The wrong ones are so blatantly and so obviously and so in-your-face wrong and the right ones are so so right. So it's very easy. Had there been shades there would be scope for dilemma. Here there is just no scope for dilemma.

This is the problem of a daily soap. It's very easy to forget character development after a month or two.

Ashok and Meeta do have shades of grey. Ashok is like this because he still views Mini as a kid and thinks she doesn't have her own opinions. He thinks Babes is aggravating her into leaving / hating him and doesn't realise that it's actually her driving all the decisions.

Part of the story, at least, will be Ashok being forced to accept that Mini is a woman who is capable of making her own decisions.
guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It's a tough choice, but definitely with the bhabhi. 
Here is how I would see things:

1) Look at my brother's actions and his characteristics.

Here, Ashok had a live-in relationship with another woman that he hid for years. He just dropped the bomb one day, and later plotted to come back to the house with the new lady while Babita was there. 

2) Look at my mom's actions and her characteristics. 

Here, Shami is nothing more than a slave owner. Do her service, you'll get affection. Don't do her service and she'll spout mean shit about you behind your back. This isn't on the same level as our mothers. For example, my mom is super sweet if I help her out. She'll be like "thank you for helping me; if you weren't there I don't know how I would do this (or I would go to sleep at midnight); etc." If I don't help her, she will be like "you don't do anything all day, good for nothing, etc." I know she means well and it's her frustration speaking, so I laugh it off. But with Shami, it's the typical serial saas behavior. 

Further, she never supported Babita, she tried to various things ON Babita to get Ashok to come back, blaming Babita's simplicity and trying to make her in another Lovely - ie. probably the reason why Sukhi doesn't take her back to his home, she doesn't know anything. Despite knowing her son is in the wrong, despite taking advantage of Babita's service for years, she is willing to forget that for Ashok ... and knowing that she made the wrong choice, gives herself some support by thinking that she'll be a double agent or something when she's really nothing. 

3) Look at Babita's actions and characteristics. 

This is also important to look at. I won't support someone if they are in the wrong, even if my family is wrong as well. 

Here, we know that Babita is faultless, so naturally, I would support her. 

----

Coincidentally, a similar thing happened in my outer family (not immediate). Not exactly, but long story short -- bhabhi was mistreated and another slave, her saas was a complete dumbass, she left, got blamed ... and some more stuff I won't go into. I supported my bhabhi then, and I still do - even though she isn't my bhabhi anymore (technically). If she gets mentioned in a conversation, I still defend her. 

The ironic part is I don't even know her that well. We've met maybe 4 times in a span of 2-3 years. We don't talk, we aren't friends on facebook, etc. But relationships are relationships, and I value them deeply -- so long as I know you aren't in the wrong (which I would judge as objectively as possible after hearing both sides). 

Edited by guenhwyvar - 5 years ago
divyadaya13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: guenhwyvar

It's a tough choice, but definitely with the bhabhi. 

Here is how I would see things:

1) Look at my brother's actions and his characteristics.

Here, Ashok had a live-in relationship with another woman that he hid for years. He just dropped the bomb one day, and later plotted to come back to the house with the new lady while Babita was there. 

2) Look at my mom's actions and her characteristics. 

Here, Shami is nothing more than a slave owner. Do her service, you'll get affection. Don't do her service and she'll spout mean shit about you behind your back. This isn't on the same level as our mothers. For example, my mom is super sweet if I help her out. She'll be like "thank you for helping me; if you weren't there I don't know how I would do this (or I would go to sleep at midnight); etc." If I don't help her, she will be like "you don't do anything all day, good for nothing, etc." I know she means well and it's her frustration speaking, so I laugh it off. But with Shami, it's the typical serial saas behavior. 

Further, she never supported Babita, she tried to various things ON Babita to get Ashok to come back, blaming Babita's simplicity and trying to make her in another Lovely - ie. probably the reason why Sukhi doesn't take her back to his home, she doesn't know anything. Despite knowing her son is in the wrong, despite taking advantage of Babita's service for years, she is willing to forget that for Ashok ... and knowing that she made the wrong choice, gives herself some support by thinking that she'll be a double agent or something when she's really nothing. 

3) Look at Babita's actions and characteristics. 

This is also important to look at. I won't support someone if they are in the wrong, even if my family is wrong as well. 

Here, we know that Babita is faultless, so naturally, I would support her. 

----

Coincidentally, a similar thing happened in my outer family (not immediate). Not exactly, but long story short -- bhabhi was mistreated and another slave, her saas was a complete dumbass, she left, got blamed ... and some more stuff I won't go into. I supported my bhabhi then, and I still do - even though she isn't my bhabhi anymore (technically). If she gets mentioned in a conversation, I still defend her. 

The ironic part is I don't even know her that well. We've met maybe 4 times in a span of 2-3 years. We don't talk, we aren't friends on facebook, etc. But relationships are relationships, and I value them deeply -- so long as I know you aren't in the wrong (which I would judge as objectively as possible after hearing both sides). 

rhe worst thing a woman can do in her life is blaming other woman for no fault of hers, why to blame the girl when it is you who have brought up your son. Woman have grown wings and work outside the house as well. But still i see many men cannot even take a glass of water by themselves. 
guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: divyadaya13

rhe worst thing a woman can do in her life is blaming other woman for no fault of hers, why to blame the girl when it is you who have brought up your son. Woman have grown wings and work outside the house as well. But still i see many men cannot even take a glass of water by themselves. 

Yep. 

My mom raised me to be exactly the opposite of that. If I want a glass of water, I have to get it myself. I have to help out in the kitchen, do chores, etc. 

Heck, my sister was talking with a guy (arranged marriage deal). He flat out told her that if she wanted to work after marriage, it's a flat out no. He just wanted her to be a housewife. His decisions would involve stuff like deciding where to live, etc. (the big important stuff that he makes a solo decision on with no input). When my sister asked him what decisions she could make without asking him, you know what he said ... 

"I mean ... if you want to cook something, you don't have to ask me."

Are you f**king kidding me? Ugh. Yaar, we're living the 21st century. Enough with this bullshit. 
Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
In my family of someone cheats whole family will disown him/herπŸ˜† forget my family the aunty who is our cook, her husband was abusive n cheater. Her in laws kicked their own son out n till this day she lives happily with her inlaws n sons while the guy lives alone n they haven't even giveb him any properties.