Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 5 years ago
since my name is taking here time by time,
its my challange if any one can say i attacked some one as buddha specifically:) show me where i mentioned anyone's name and called him buddha.

where i have friends here i can say buddha/buddhi to any of them jokingly.if anyone thinks out of hundred, she called me buddha,its not my fault.may be that person really thinks he is old thats why takes every thing upon him 😆

and wat abt religion ,where?mods ne kabhi dekha nehi ?i bashed some one or some religion so many times and no mod ever warned me?no moderation? if i did so to anyone,i am ready to apologize just now.

i still not posted here the pm i got.i really want to show it to the ppl here,after getting such dirty pm ,still we are behaving well,we are keeping our calm.but it doesnt mean we will remain this polite,calm everytime:)

Edited by OspraYZod - 5 years ago
NathuPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RD-

I think it would be unfair to ban all newbies from pming as it could lead to legit new members being held at a disadvantage however i do think like post restrictions apply at various warning levels same shud be done for pms but that again is no guarantee against harassment via pms ( harassment this is one of the many cons of social media and the biggest of social platforms have been ineffective in handling them as for cyber laws they are not consistent across the globe and that makes taking legit action difficult and rarely possible)

- Issue of personal information leakage i think a lit members here tend to divulge a lot of details in the heat of the moment only to regret it later on givent the nature of social media platforms the onus is on members to know who to divulge what to given real identities r not verified or known atleast on this platform ) More than the platform given the nature of inconsistent cyber laws and jurisdictions the onus is more on the members/users of social media than the platforms themselves.

Member security is an imp issue for all social media platforms but the options are very limited given the lack on control and how laws are.

Not all will be comfortable with verified profiles and if members block certain members from commenting on their threads etc it in no way guarantees that another thread will not be made to take them and their views on. Also i think IF does have a block person option for the pm service dont know if it works or not !

@red - I agree. For ex. if an old member who has made MIDs or a member who has been banned and is coming again as a newbie, opens a thread where he posts IF members' real pics taken from FB /Twitter (yes that has already happened in bollywood forum) then in that case blocking that user would have no effect because the thread made by that user would still be there even if that member is blocked by a certain user.

BUT we can all agree that even in such a case -

1. an old member is indeed being harassed for no fault of theirs and ignoring the offender MID will not cease the damage being done.
  2. old members usually do not do such harassment with their original Ids. They make new IDs and harass members as newbies which are actually MIDs of old Existing / Banned members. 
  3. these newbies (or actually MIDs) are convinced that no one can do anything to them because the most that can be done is banning them which is pretty much useless cos they'll make another ID in a minute.
So unless a mobile number verification is implemented ATLEAST FOR NEW MEMBERS JOINING IF the repeated harassment of old members will not stop.

at this stage Vijay needs to decide if safety of Old loyal members of India forums is more important to him or the comfort of these trolls who make 100s of IDs within  no time to carry on their harassment.

NOTE - I'm not saying that there is a single solution to this problem. This problem needs to be tackled using a variety of measures. Hence in my opinion - 

1. Making it mandatory for AT-LEAST NEW MEMBERS to verify their mobile numbers before opening a new account would prevent them from making new accounts from the same mobile number, once their previous account is banned. Initially the ban period can be kept for 3 months and later increased or made permanent for repeat offenders.This way not only old members will be saved from verifying their accounts, but the problem of new accounts harassing old members will also be tackled. At this stage it is really imperative that mods and Vijay decide what is more important for them - comfort of old loyal members or the comfort of newbies (read MID trolls) who might feel uncomfortable verifying their Mobile number before opening an account. ðŸ˜³
  2. Blocking of certain users will still be helpful because not all trolls or harassers are newbies. some old members also resort to such things without making another ID. In such case these members can be blocked by a member if they are unnecessarily imposing themselves on him/her.
  3. I do believe that prohibiting Newbies from sending PMs will indeed be helpful atleast until Mobile number verification of newbies is not implemented. Later that PM restriction can be removed. 
Edited by NathuPyare - 5 years ago
NathuPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: shahiltherock

Lol. The way you are crying everywhere and promoting this link like daayan😉, you seriously need burnol for your butt. Babe try hard, vijay and other mod are not fool. And babe apan IPS kabhi bhi ban sakta hai so dont worry about lockup😉. Waise aapke ke liye aap jahaan bolo main pyaar se chala jaoonga. Chill. Tc care..time to study..bbye

@bold- wow! ðŸ¤¢ 

Thank you IF and Vijay that we never get short of virtual Burnols on IF. ðŸ¤—

I blame it more on you than on this damaged soul that we have to suffer this harassment again and again. 

At one point, i guess, we are all going to decide if Indiaforums is really worth it?

Or may be even I should make MIDs (since its so darn easy) and then reply to such trolling in equally abusive or worse language... what a beautiful sight it would be on IF 
Edited by NathuPyare - 5 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
All the points and issues have been noted down by the Admin and Dev Team .. We will b working towards it .. For now closing this topic .

IF Dev Team