Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

falsePromise thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: vani.jug

Hey I have a genuine question about this. Why does it sound like some of the characters are saying "Onurag" instead of Anurag? I always here this constant "O" sound for "A" words in TV shows with Bengali characters. I've never been to Bengal or met a Bengali person in real life so idk if this is just a TV thing or if there's any truth to it. 

Look the pronunciation of Onurag and anurag is almost same in bengali..but O is pronounced as normal O but A is pronounced as Aww...so by that logic it should be awwnurag..but then complexity comes...when its anu a word which means molecule the A is pronounced as O..so the spelling is anurag and not Onurag...in hindi its AA...AANURAG..as there is no A in hindi
On a contrary we will call Aditi...awwditi..and not Oditi

Edited by bAkChOd.xD - 5 years ago
falsePromise thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Btw the thing i was talking about my college..a girl name aditi came and said hey im oditi..this is how u will call me right ...haHAA..and that made me f**king mad and cringe and the same time
vani.jug thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bAkChOd.xD

Look the pronunciation of Onurag and anurag is almost same in bengali..but O is pronounced as normal O but A is pronounced as Aww...so by that logic it should be awwnurag..but then complexity comes...when its anu a word which means molecule the A is pronounced as O..so the spelling is anurag and not Onurag...in hindi its AA...AANURAG..as there is no A in hindi
On a contrary we will call Aditi...awwditi..and not Oditi

Ohh I see, thanks for clearing that up ðŸ˜Š