SS: Maid of Honour - Completed with Epilogue

ExpectoPatronum thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm Vibha🤗 and this is my first attempt in writing a maneet fiction, I've been a sucker for stories for past 7years and I finally mustered enough courage to write one myself🤪. Due to my busy office schedule I hadn't visited geet forum from past 3-4years  

And I'm not sure where the story is headed because I literally changed it 3 times while i was typing it down🤢, so please bear with me and do let me know how it is. All sort of criticism are openly accepted😃.

I'm hoping to end this story in 3-4parts (clearly crossed this margin now😳). Happy reading!😆

Scroll down for the character sketch😊

Do leave your likes👍🏼 and comments🤬!

Edited by ExpectoPatronum - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
hello Vibha... congrats on ur first Maaneet story! 

welcome to the forum! 

looking forward to the updates! 

update asap😃
Edited by khwaishfan - 6 years ago
Roopa_1 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
  Welcome to Geet forum 😊

Character Sketch:

Savitridevi Khurana aka Dadi: She's the pillar and strongholdof the Khurana empire, she had retired from the "Stressful life of business asshe calls it but had to re-enter after the demise of her son. She is a lovelyand fierce woman who loves her family a lot, always treated Geet and Naina asher own grandchildren.

Shiv and Priya Khurana: Beautiful minds, loved by everyone.They took Khurana industries to new heights, died in an unfortunate plane crash10years ago.

Mohinder Handa: A loving father, a great friend and businesspartner of Khurana's, died in the same plane crash that killed the Khurana's.

Geetika Handa(24 years old): Shy yet bold, weird andattractive, striving hard to be a Fashion Designer. A huge NERD! Has a fear forheight and flights.

Nainatara Rathode aka Naina(25years old): Heiress of theRathode Industries, family friends of the Khurana's so practically grew up withthem. Best friends with Geet from college days, loves Dev Khurana and is set tomarry him in a few weeks.

Dev Singh Khurana(29years old): Eldest son of the Khurana's,takes care of the IT and Healthcare branches of the Khurana business. LovesNaina a lot and helps Dadi in all her mischievous missions.

Maan Singh Khurana(27years old): The younger Khurana, angerand power are the 2 things that describe him the most, currently taking care ofKhurana Constructions and The R&K.

Index:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

Chapter 9

Chapter 10

Epilogue

Edited by ExpectoPatronum - 3 years ago
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
awesome character sketch! 
Roopa_1 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Fabulous cs 👏  Eagerly waiting for update 😳
taahir004 thumbnail
Hi Vibha , welcome to Geet Forum
and Congratulations on your first Maaneet story
looking forward to reading many more from you  
taahir004 thumbnail
Character Sketch is so interesting

will be waiting for the first part  
Chapter 1: The thing I dreaded the most

It's been 8years she thought while boarding the flight...8years since she left India and came to London, and now she was heading back because of Dadima.

Flashback:

I've lived too long without you in the home, I want you back here and that's final. Dadi had told over the Skype call.

But Dadi... I have a lot of plans here and what about my internship at The R&K?!! it's a huge opportunity and Naina thinks that we might make it all the way through... she stopped her sentence and prodded Nainatara Rathode, her best friend to speak in her favour. 

Naina nodded her head in a NO and Geet made a silent plea to her but one glance from Dadi and she fell silent. 

Last time I checked there was a branch of R&K at Delhi, so no excuses Geet. Dadi's voice was stern but Geet didn't want to give up just yet, she knew she had to go as it was Naina's marriage in a few weeks but she wanted to stay in London as longer as possible. 

Damn you Naina for wanting to get married to Dev... I'm happy for you and all but why couldn't you marry here, is London not beautiful enough for you? And why should I go there so early the marriage is 3months from now, she murmured under her breath. 

She had to do something to avoid the flight, she was too scared of them. The last time she took the plane was when she came to London and she was in panic the whole time and almost at the verge of tears when her sleep finally kicked in. Naina was fuming at Geet for her excuses to not go by flight as she almost knew what the next excuse would be. 

But Dadi... I... I love Harry too much to leave this place behind, Dadi was taken aback for a moment, at this point Naina rolled her eyes and covered her face sighing in exhausted manner. 

Dadi's lips trembled and her eyes narrowed a bit For GOD's sake Geet, you're 24, you cannot go around saying you love Harry Potter! how childish can she get. 

Dadi... this time there was a difference in Geet's tone ...what will I do coming to India? It's... she hesitated for a moment and then continued, ...it's not like I have anyone there. She had voiced out something which was buried deep within her conscience and immediately knew she shouldn't have said that. 

Naina gave her a look of disapproval and walked out of the room, 

Enough is enough Dadi said, her voice was a mixture of sadness and anger, You are forgetting that I am your Dadi, maybe not by blood but I love you as much as my own grandkids and then the call had ended. 

She knew she hurt Dadi, she had known her for almost all her life and she had treated her liked her own grandchild but Dadi had become  a prominent figure in her life after the death of her father. When Geet was 16, she ask'd Dadi if she could study in London as she wanted to walk in the footsteps of her father a part of her wanted to do it and another part of her wanted to just run away from all the memories the house had, Dadi had obliged.

Dadi is really angry, you need to come home Naina said giving an accusing look to Geet. 

The happy-go-lucky Naina could be downright strict. Naina would do anything for Geet and was protective of anyone she held close to her heart, Naina's facial expression always was a giveaway of her emotions. The Rathode's and The Khurana's were the 2 families known for their friendship and it was strengthened furthermore by merging their fashion houses. So Nainatara was no stranger to the Khurana household but Geet had met her only once before and at college they had become best of friends. 

I think I'll go book a ticket for this weekend and start packing Geet announced to Naina. 

Let's GO!!! Naina chirped,

You're coming with me? But you don't have to...you were supposed to go after a month

Of course I am! Did you forget about the internship we had to take? And I'm not letting you go alone! Naina exclaimed. Geet sighed, this was the Naina she knew, a girl who lives the moment!

Present

She came back to her senses when she heard the Captain's Flight Announcement. 

I can't believe I'm doing this she said to a grinning Naina next to her. 

10 more hours and we'll be home Naina squealed. 

All problems aside, it was still her Home, Geet thought as the flight soared through the night skies of London.

The thing I dreaded the most - Flights😆(okay now i donno why i felt like specifying it, but i think i'll give a one word answer to the chapter names here onwards)

P.S: I know that this part is too short😳 I swear it seemed longer when i was typing it so from next time i'll make sure to make them lengthier👍🏼 any suggestions about my writing style and anything at all, feel free to let me know via the comments! 

Previous: Character Sketch

Next: Chapter 2

Edited by ExpectoPatronum - 6 years ago
maaneetcraze thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hi welcome to gf
thx 4 posting ur story
excited about it👍🏼