Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rbb1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Wow really nice update I like how he liked spent time with Pragya and he took her to have coffee it was nice of Pragya to give him the lift she could have said no but she didn't can't wait to read more on this story
-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
aww man. wow. what a heart wrenching scene for pragya. but i am so glad she is having to face the truth. hope she doesn't keep suffering in silence :( i was kind of wishing she and suresh hadn't gone all the way but it's more realistic - and so much more painful - that they did and now she has to have regrets about that too. sigh. but i am very that glad pragya can't find it in herself to blame bb, that sister bond is so important.

loved the abhi tanu scene. this tanu's career focus is very believable. yeah i feel bad for abhi because of how she treats him, but at the same time i don't completely hold it against her that she makes her career more important than her marriage. it was abhi's mistake to expect more from her than that.

continuing thanks for an amazing read!!
Aafrah-SA thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -mina-

aww man. wow. what a heart wrenching scene for pragya. but i am so glad she is having to face the truth. hope she doesn't keep suffering in silence :( i was kind of wishing she and suresh hadn't gone all the way but it's more realistic - and so much more painful - that they did and now she has to have regrets about that too. sigh. but i am very that glad pragya can't find it in herself to blame bb, that sister bond is so important.

loved the abhi tanu scene. this tanu's career focus is very believable. yeah i feel bad for abhi because of how she treats him, but at the same time i don't completely hold it against her that she makes her career more important than her marriage. it was abhi's mistake to expect more from her than that.

continuing thanks for an amazing read!!

Eee.. thanks mina!
Yes, I wanted each of the character to be true to their character shown in the show!
Glad to know it is believable and realistic! 😳😳😳
Aafrah-SA thumbnail

Originally posted by: rbb1

Wow really nice update I like how he liked spent time with Pragya and he took her to have coffee it was nice of Pragya to give him the lift she could have said no but she didn't can't wait to read more on this story

Thanks! 😊😊

Yes saying no would have been very uncharacteristic of Pragya! Glad you liked it! 😳😳
Diahh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Another Update!!!!! Aafrah you are the best!!! 😃 It was a sad one though. But you already gave a warning! I was thinking Abhi could indeed think of someone else coz Tannu despite being his wife is never there to share his life but I really couldn't get how you would justify it for Pragya. Although not happy as Bulbul, Pragya seemed to be living a good life. But now this! And I don't know what to say. Feel so sorry for Pragya. 
Aafrah you have really done a marvelous job. And I am eagerly waiting for the next part. I am loving the way the story is progressing.⭐️
Miss.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hi aafrah! Really nice story so far...just finished reading all three chapters...loving all the character portrayal...going off a different tangent from the original but still almost the same...you're an amazing writer...can't wait to read more!!😊😊

Aafrah-SA thumbnail

Originally posted by: Diahh

Another Update!!!!! Aafrah you are the best!!! 😃 It was a sad one though. But you already gave a warning! I was thinking Abhi could indeed think of someone else coz Tannu despite being his wife is never there to share his life but I really couldn't get how you would justify it for Pragya. Although not happy as Bulbul, Pragya seemed to be living a good life. But now this! And I don't know what to say. Feel so sorry for Pragya. 

Aafrah you have really done a marvelous job. And I am eagerly waiting for the next part. I am loving the way the story is progressing.⭐️

Aww Diahh!! Thanks so much! I am on a writing spree tonight! One more update just might come up! :D
rbb1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Omg I feel sorry for Pragya poor girl her husband still loves her sister, omg Tanu invited Abhi so she gets what she wants she is just using him how selfish is she
Aafrah-SA thumbnail
Hey you guys! Here is another update for you all! 😳😳
I just wanted to give you guys another little doze of AbhiGya before retiring for the day! 😉
Multiple updates coming up this weekend, however it doesn't seem likely that I will be able to pull off the entire story this weekend. 😕😕
So long! Happy Reading! 
And do keep poring in you lovely comments! Each on of them mean a lot to me!
Much Love 😊😊

CHAPTER 4

THE VOID

Abhi was lying down on his bed and staring at the ceiling. He wasn't exactly hurt. He was used to Tanu's ambitious nature. He just felt she shouldn't have called this a date and pretended. He remembered the time they dated, they were so much in love, she had all the time for him. He realized dating and marriage are two completely different ball games. He remembered his daadi's unsatisfied face when he had told her he would marry Tanu. She was right thought Abhi. Tanu was someone fun to hang out with and flaunt, she wasn't wife material. It's not that Abhi didn't try working on it, he wasn't this indifferent from the beginning. But whatever he said or did, for Tanu, her career was the only priority. She was pre-dominantly super model Tanu and hardly ever his wife Tanu, so let alone being his daadi's bahu Tanu. But he had learned to compromise with his life. Whenever he felt lonely, he thought - He led a rockstar's life, he had all the attention in the world, it was fine if his wife wasn't interested in him. But today lying awake in his loneliness, beside a peacefully sleeping Tanu, he hadn't even realized that his thoughts were trailing to the morning's incident. That chashmish, her scooter, her sarcastic replies, her concern about daadi and Aaliya, that soothing smell of her dupatta and the touch of those soft curls of her hair when he sat behind him. He chuckled remembering how she got irritated on being called chashmish, and this broke his trance. Abhi was scandalized to realize what he was thinking. He glanced uncomfortably at the sleeping Tanu next to him. Why was he thinking of her? And then a small voice played in his mind - Pragya doesn't have college on Thursdays and Fridays. Enough, this has to stop.

Pragya woke up in the morning, it was past eight, she hurried and freshened up. As she went to fetch breakfast for Suresh before he left, her mind trailed back to the last night's revelation. A lump grew in her throat. What was consciously not thought about in her household in the last two years, had found utterance yesterday. As she came out in the hall, she found a note on her coffee table. She quickly opened it and read.

"After yesterday, I think we both need a breather to think what went wrong and how we can fix it. I am seeking for a few answers within myself, I need some time. Pragya I am sorry for yesterday, but I can only pacify your outrage after I have answered a few of my own questions. I will be back in a week or two. Try not to worry about me, I will be fine. You take care of yourself - have faith, everything will be alright. Suresh"

Pragya's world collapsed before her. She was hoping all night that Suresh would tell her in the morning it was a slip of the tongue. She was ready to believe that. It was easier to believe. But after reading this note, she realized indeed her worst fear had come true and silent tears filled her eyes. Just then the phone rang.

Pragya - Hello?

BB - Hi di! How are you? I am so badly injured, I was hoping at least you will come to visit your BB once after this, but you seem to have forgotten your BB! Suresh jiju is that romantic or what? (Laughed a jovial BB)

Pragya tried to talk but she couldn't say anything, she gulped and croaked.

Pragya - No BB, I was coming to meet---

BB - Di? What has happened to you? Why do you sound so bad? Are you okay?

Pragya - Yeah, yeah I am fine, BB. Just have a bad cold and fever. I will come to meet you soon okay? Let me rest for a bit now, I will call you later.

BB - Sure di, you take care of yourself.

Pragya hung up and slowly went back to her bedroom. Her head was reeling. Suresh had left her and gone - No he will come back, he just needed sometime alone, she kept reminding herself. She couldn't fathom, how over the last twenty four hours, her life changed so drastically.

BB was very concerned for her di. She sounded so bad over the phone. What if it gets more serious? She decided to call her jiju and find out more. But as she tried calling Suresh, his phone was continuously switched off. An alarmed BB decided to not call and worry her di, instead she called Purab and requested him to come home early as she wanted to visit her di. The doctors hadn't allowed her to drive on her own as yet, hence she had to call Purab.

BB - Purab where are you? Are you busy?

Purab - Hi BB! I am at Abhi's studio. Why is everything all right?

BB - Purab, actually I called di, and she sounded very sick. I have been trying jiju's number but his phone is also switched off. I wanted to go and visit her in the evening.

Purab - Don't worry BB, Pragya will be fine. Alright we will visit her in the evening. I will come home early.

Abhi heard the last statement and looked up. Pragya was unwell? Only yesterday she looked perfectly fine. He wondered what could have happened to her, but he didn't say anything.

YOU AGAIN?

Pragya was sitting on her couch and reading a book. She was not really reading, just flipping the pages to keep doing something. Usually she would be going to the market place around this time to buy fresh vegetables for preparing dinner for Suresh and herself. But today she didn't go. She was sitting and thinking of how to cover up before her family for Suresh's absence. Rachna had called in the morning and had casually enquired how her brother was, she couldn't bring herself to say anything and just let her believe that her brother was in college.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. Unsure whom to expect, she hurriedly went to open the door. Abhi was standing at her door. She frowned at him. What was he doing here at this hour in the late morning?

Pragya - You again?

Abhi smilingly replied - Yes, me again!

Pragya noticed that there was a bouquet of white orchids in his hand. She automatically smiled looking at them. Those were her favourite flowers! But what was he doing here?

Pragya - What is it this time?

Abhi - Arre chashmish, you are extremely ill mannered! You interrogate your guests like this at your doorstep?

Pragya - Oh, please come in.

Abhi entered into a small hall cum dining space. He sat on a couch and studied his surroundings. There was a lot of natural light filtering in from the window, and the room was neatly arranged with a small set of couches and a coffee table near the entrance and a little further inside a small dining table for two. There was a huge bookshelf next to the couches and there were many paintings hanging on the walls. Abhi liked the place, it was nice and cosy. Then he turned around to find Pragya examining him from the next couch.

Abhi - So, I came here because this bouquet needed to be sent to you and my driver was on leave and there was no one else who could have brought this here, so the sender asked me to get this for you.

He handed her the bouquet and she took it smilingly.

Pragya - But who has sent me these?

Abhi - Why me!

"What!" - Pragya exclaimed in confusion and looked at him to see an impish grin spreading across his face.

Abhi - Actually I got to know from Purab that you were very unwell and that got me curious because I saw you healthy yesterday. So I thought if you're healthy and still lying, something must be up. Lady chashmish must be in the middle of another thrilling adventure which will end with her saving the day again, so I came down here to join you in your mission! (Another grin!)

Pragya couldn't help smiling at his spontaneous gibberish.

Pragya - No. I am fine and it is not serious. But thank-you for the flowers. You want coffee?

Abhi - I could do with some!

Pragya got coffee and to Abhi's surprise, she got him black coffee with no sugar. Abhi was taken aback, how did she know his choice, but he saw that it was not just his choice, but hers too. They sat and chatted for some time. Abhi found himself telling her random personal things like - small funny fan related incidents in his concerts, his daadi's love for rituals, even Aaliya's current heartbroken state. He was surprised even as he spoke about these to her. He hadn't even consciously thought about all this himself so far. She on the other hand listened to him and laughed and showed concern from time to time.  Soon it was lunch time and Pragya offered him to have lunch at hers. He knew the right thing was to refuse, as he had come uninvited, but he didn't feel like leaving. He was having a good time here with chashmish. He agreed and soon he was teasing her cooking. She was both irritated and laughing at his jokes on her. She was feeling much better now. This rockstar Abhi, wasn't a bad man. She had helped him yesterday and today when he heard she wasn't well, he had come to check on her. Her stream of thought was broken when Abhi asked her a question which made her think deep.

Abhi - Your house is so nicely kept, and has such lovely paintings and photos. But why is there no photo of you and your husband together other than that wedding picture? Don't you two like to take photos together?

Pragya stared at him. It was that obvious? And yet she hadn't seen it in two years? He was right, she and Suresh had never clicked a photo together after their wedding. It just never occurred to them at all. In that moment she realized the vast distance there was between their hearts. Such was the distance that they didn't even fit in one frame, not even one such memory. The thought brought tear in her eyes and Abhi noticed it. He didn't know how, but he had made her upset. He didn't like it.

Abhi - Ahh now I know why! You both wear specs right? Every time the camera flashes the light reflects from your faces and blinds the photo! That must be the reason!

To Abhi's surprise, Pragya started laughing at that. Much better he thought. Abhi realized that something was wrong between Suresh and Pragya and he was surprised to find himself curious about it. They chatted some more and then Abhi enquired when Suresh was due to return, he was debating on saying a quick hi to him before leaving. At the mention of Suresh, Abhi noticed that Pragya stammered again and mumbled something like he won't return, and after a considerable pause, she added, "tonight". Then she rephrased that he has gone back to his home town to meet his mother and sister. Abhi acted like he didn't notice the change in voice, and after a little while decided to leave. He knew Purab and BB would come to visit her soon, and he somehow didn't want to be here when they came. Not that he would mind if Pragya mentioned this to them, but he somehow wanted to keep this only with himself. It felt exclusively personal that way and he didn't want to change that feeling.

As Abhi drove back home, he kept thinking to himself, what was it about Pragya that was pulling him towards her. He wondered why he couldn't stop himself from visiting her when he heard she was unwell? Why he couldn't say no when she invited him for lunch? Why he was agitated when she frowned and what was that warm happy feeling inside him when he saw her smile? It was true he properly met her only a few times. But he felt there was this invisible thread that was pulling him towards Pragya and he is following the pull without any rhyme or reason.

Edited by aafrah - 9 years ago
-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Aafrah I can't deal. I have no patience after this update, I MUST have more right away. It was so great to have this sweet encounter between them, and I'm glad Abhi picked up on the underlying problem, but it's not enough to leave it here!! I am so anxious for more more more I don't really even have words. I loved the description of Pragya's apartment by the way, and what a great insight about the photos. This story is so engrossing and vivid, I feel like I'm seeing it play out instead of just reading it. You've been awesome about giving us so many updates already but please naa, thodi aur dedo!! And by thodi I actually mean a lot 😉. Thanks again for this compelling read, it's certainly adding joy to my weekend 😃