Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Posted: 3 hours ago

Originally posted by: Rashi23

Oh so this case your thoughts are similar to Billu's??

Pyaar wyaar ki koi deal nahi hai?

For fictional characters

There are simply too many I love equally

Chalo abhi next episode bhi aaram se skip kar sakti hu main😌

meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

Last ke 10 minutes dekhna, tab hi Bilal will be on screen
anu41982 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

I think that was the point. That Naamdar may think women have weak hearts and need to be protected by men, but it's him who can't take it, and then later, Sadaf will step in to take care of business. People just jump on every line to nitpick, irrespective of the context. Is this a red flag thing said by a red flag character? Does it jive with that character's world view? Is this line glorifying something regressive or is being set up so it can be repudiated later? etc. KRQ is a misogynist no doubt but his is a particular brand of misogyny and the kamzor aurat line does not fit that brand.

If you ask me, out of the 8 main roles shown in the drama, Namdar Mirza’s character is the best graphed character in the first four episodes. I assume it also may be due to his character needs to make a pivotal impact and change the tides of the story within the short life span given.

He is portrayed as a morally righteous, simple middle-class man, who is a doting father and a responsible husband. But we also see him battling with what social and cultural norms dictate correct vs what he sees and feels as correct. Look at his take on Bilal’s behaviour – there is a professional commitment, he says that he is duty bound to stay with him (because of the kindness of Bilal’s father), but he also believes that Bilal is good at heart. He worries when he feels that his words had hurt his boss – he oscillates between hating Bilal’s exterior self and caring for Bilal’s inner self. An alcoholic, womanizer should be a bad person vs he has a good heart, he cares for everyone, so, maybe he is a good person!

Also note how he mentioned that he fully trusts his daughter, that she is free to decide on her life partner and he will not have any objection. But he did not want her to work at BA’s hotel. You may want to question his choices here – if you trust your daughter and your upbringing then you’d believe that she won’t be swayed by an ‘immoral’ person, right? The point is, it is not because he doesn’t trust her, but he worries for her and wants to protect her, to keep her away from anything that he believes as wrong – he was made to believe that it is his duty to protect his family – a typical protective father of his age, it does not make him a bad father.

Coming to this particular dialogue of ‘women having a weaker heart and needs to be protected’ – not that I agree with it – it was clearly shown that who had the weaker heart in scenes before this one, right? Mirza sahab was shattered, he needed emotional support – it was clear as the day and night. He was emotionally fragile, financially unstable to support his son’s medical care, mentally weakened, not to mention that physically unfit to withhold the pressure – so, as you have mentioned, in the next episode, we would see him crumbling apart fully, showing exactly how wrong he was! May be, as you said, that is what they wanted to show – to negate his belief and his point of view. But in those couple of scenes, I also saw a man whose mind was hammered to believe that ‘he should be the one to take care of family, he is the breadwinner of the family, it is solely his responsibility to protect his family etc.’ - while he was feebly attempting his best to live up to that, to hold everything within him and trying to contain a storm from harming his loved ones, he himself was breaking apart, only finally to be collapsed completely. I felt his helplessness - how unfair was that he was made to believe that way, that he needed to be stronger while he was at his weakest! So, I thought it was a beautiful scene – mostly, because you’d find hundreds of such fathers out there, drowning a little bit everyday with the expectations set by the ‘norms’. Just my thoughts smiley1

P.S. I neither know the writer’s tendency for misogyny nor have watched any of his written dramas (I only have watched a total of 5 PTV dramas – 3 of them fully, 1 of them was scanned through and another one, almost fully, if skipping last ~3-4 episodes can be called as fully and none of these were written by KRQ), so, my view on this, comes from a neutral plane. (But of course, there are a few things that have started to itch me in terms of writing in SMD, but that is for later!)smiley1

WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Posted: 2 hours ago

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DBQucegNp2r/?igsh=eWd5aWlqcTR6Zjl3

Amar is being shipped with Humsha too, need a funny ship name for them too

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: an hour ago

But maybe they’ll have their first meeting? I’m excited for that. It will either happen at them end of this episode or the next one. Let’s see
unicornhugs thumbnail

Originally posted by: NutellaWaffle

So it’s clear now

Mirza saab dies

Sadaf joins office and ask for bilal help for treatment

Zaviyar gets treated and also gets funded for education

ammar wins sadaf by getting her acceptance for wedding and bilal sadaf become friends

Bilal become heartbroken still arranges for wedding for mirza saab

Daniya rentry during wedding time by calling ammar by suicide attempt so he goes wedding stops

Sadaf Bilal gets married

I agree with a lot of this but I think Daniya will make him an offer that will benefit him financially - he doesn’t seem to care much about her feelings.

I wonder if Sadaf finds out about Zaviyaar’s diagnosis before her father passes away. I hope he tells her.

I wonder where the rain scene falls into all of this. Before Bilal and Sadaf get married (if they actually do). Does Sadaf start falling for Bilal too but thinks he’s the wrong choice due to his reputation or does she have no feelings at all before circumstances forces them to get married?

Will they even get married? Some of the scenes do indicate that. The scene where she is wearing a dupatta on her head and he’s in a white salwar kameez, I originally thought was their Nikkah. Now I feel it’s after Sadaf’s Mayun ceremony with Ammar and Bilal comes to discuss something with her…perhaps her brother’s treatment.

unicornhugs thumbnail

Originally posted by: NutellaWaffle

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DBUCVIfhoW6/?igsh=eGp0bW5kZ3ZyYzM3 omg mirza saab is dead in next episode only how come smiley6 Bilal visits his house after his death and sees sadaf for the first time . He was there in ammar sadaf wedding bts pics unless they insert him in dream sequence to shower blessings.

Who was in the wedding bts pics? The father?
NutellaWaffle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 54 minutes ago

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

I agree with a lot of this but I think Daniya will make him an offer that will benefit him financially - he doesn’t seem to care much about her feelings.

I wonder if Sadaf finds out about Zaviyaar’s diagnosis before her father passes away. I hope he tells her.

I wonder where the rain scene falls into all of this. Before Bilal and Sadaf get married (if they actually do). Does Sadaf start falling for Bilal too but thinks he’s the wrong choice due to his reputation or does she have no feelings at all before circumstances forces them to get married?

Will they even get married? Some of the scenes do indicate that. The scene where she is wearing a dupatta on her head and he’s in a white salwar kameez, I originally thought was their Nikkah. Now I feel it’s after Sadaf’s Mayun ceremony with Ammar and Bilal comes to discuss something with her…perhaps her brother’s treatment.

even I think same it’s their nikaah which happened under those circumstances. If it’s with ammar there was no need of her crying right. She would have been happy if it’s ammar. But I’m also not sure if bilal sadaf gets married when ammar dumps her bcz we have seen him leaving wedding venue with tears in car where humsha was also there. Wahaj dialogue of shaadi sahi hui mohabbat galat hui fits only if bilal sadaf gets married.