Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: a day ago

SMD as of now seems like a story about one sided love which is different than a love story of two people.

So, there could be time in Bilal & Sadaf ending up together under one roof & I am okay with it considering the subject of the show as long as we get their scenes even if they are working together or going from hating to becoming friends...That's also a journey if writer wants to explore it. For instance, in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, the story was about one sided love YET the core of the movie was Alizeh & Ayan's relationship.

987959 thumbnail

Originally posted by: crystal30003

When did I say that? I think you’re having trouble understanding what I’m saying. I’m saying kajal might look good on some but on Maya it isn’t. It’s not giving the look she was trying to achieve which was the wide eyed innocent look. Instead it’s making her character look haggard and as though she’s sick. Lighting isn’t helping either.

I didn't say anything. I genuinely asked halim if there is a thing like that in her community or in pakistan that a certain age girls cannot wear kajal. Like in some areas women who are not married don't wear red bindi but it's not a thing in my place.

I have heard people saying one looks sick if they are not wearing kajal but not the other way around. Maya has big wide almond eyes and kajal is only gonna make her eyes look prettier. Where is it said that she is supposed to look innocent anyway? Her father most probably might have died and she might have got to know her younger brother has leukemia. Her eyes clearly are standing out in that shot and guys gets mesmerized by pretty eyes have always been a classic

WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Originally posted by: anshvi

SMD as of now seems like a story about one sided love which is different than a love story of two people.

So, there could be time in Bilal & Sadaf ending up together under one roof & I am okay with it considering the subject of the show as long as we get their scenes even if they are working together or going from hating to becoming friends...That's also a journey if writer wants to explore it. For instance, in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, the story was about one sided love YET the core of the movie was Alizeh & Ayan's relationship.

IM was one sided love too

You have to write masala for audience, entertaining light hearted scripts or some good scenes that you can watch on repeat

What should I go back to last 4 episodes? And I am not like those who can lie about a project because their favorite is in it, SMD doesn't have repeat value

anshvi thumbnail

Originally posted by: WhimsicalMind

We were promised a love story smiley19

When? smiley4

From the get go they are harping on Bilal's one sided true love for Sadaf while we see Sadaf marrying Amaar happily...It's about Bilal's love for her & if she will ever reciprocate it! The day he realizes she is reciprocating her love for him, it would be the end of the story! smiley4

So, it would be about unrequited love, the pining, even when Sadaf starts falling for him, she won't confess. So, the arc would be very different than a normal love story.

NutellaWaffle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 8

Judging actors from previous shows is not right.

Strictly speaking from this show four episodes acting wise

Bilal stands out among all

Sadaf father

Amar khan

Maya

Shahvir

Hira

Usama

Shahvir and hira got less screen space but shahvir is doing well compared to hira in little screen space he got. Usama I kept last because he couldn’t impress me with his acting and made his character annoying.

Character wise rank

Sadaf ( realistic)

Bilal

Sadaf father

Zaviyar

Sadaf mother

Dania

Humsha

Ammar

crystal30003 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Let’s agree to have different interpretations. Her character is supposed to be innocent. Many have said this interpretation of Sadaf being a bubbly and innocent girl and Maya has liked the comments. Plus Sadaf is fresh out of college and not yet taken a job and had many life experiences yet and is a little sheltered by her parents. And you can tell Sadaf is a bubbly character her innocence is all there. It’s a typical role a young, innocent, bubbly girl from a lower class background that’s Sadaf in a description and a role we’ve seen many times in dramas. That’s where I got the innocent characteristic from.

987959 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rashi23

Sadaf's wardrobe is really good when she joins office. She dressed so well that we all assumed that she's married to bilal and hence is dressing up so richly.

If some have problem with Maya's makeup then we also have problem with hira's vamp kinda look and makeup which makes it so obvious that she's a negative character, also she looks too overdressed to me. Like who even wears such stylish suits to work everyday unless it's some important event or meeting. But we are responsible enough to not drag her.

What exactly is hira's position at the workplace? She is only an year older than ammar who just passed college. So she has only been working there for an year. If the character is not from a financially secure bg like daniya, then she is utterly overdressed. It looks like she spends the entire money she earns on her office wear. She is dressed on par with the owner of the hotel. She either has to be from a financially well off bg or among one of the many gfs of Bilal who gets expensive gifts and advantages. That's the only two explanations.

anshvi thumbnail

IM was one sided love too

You have to write masala for audience, entertaining light hearted scripts or some good scenes that you can watch on repeat

What should I go back to last 4 episodes? And I am not like those who can lie about a project because their favorite is in it, SMD doesn't have repeat value

There is a huge difference between IM & SMD...Firstly the tonality of the two shows is completely different.

Secondly, IM was about a man trying his best to woo the girl he fell in love with. He did all that he could to get, to make her fall for him. Hence, we saw them in the same space.....SMD is not that simple...It's about that kind of one sided love where there is no demands. Bilal doesn't even think he is worthy of being loved by Sadaf ! This is about Bilal's transformation into a better man because of love...That's far more deep than a guy trying to woo a girl...The genre is completely different in that sense and this genre has it's own audience.

You might not have enjoyed it but there are those who will enjoy this kind of telling....I myself do not enjoy shows just coz my fav is a part of it...I hated Mein and could enjoy TB only till 19th episode or so....I am okay with SMD for now, just find the pace on the slower side.

WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Originally posted by: anshvi

When? smiley4

From the get go they are harping on Bilal's one sided true love for Sadaf while we see Sadaf marrying Amaar happily...It's about Bilal's love for her & if she will ever reciprocate it! The day he realizes she is reciprocating her love for him, it would be the end of the story! smiley4

So, it would be about unrequited love, the pining, even when Sadaf starts falling for him, she won't confess. So, the arc would be very different than a normal love story.

But we were promised all that, and I am ready to take it but they are not on screen together, they haven't met now next episode is about Sadaf falling for Amar

By 8th episodes, leads should have been married then their story together, what we have on screen is in no way a commercial story, it is a drag fest of half baked character arcs

Mrinmoyi_me thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

They are showing difference between Amar and Bilal, Amar is forcing Sadaf, blackmailing her while Bilal has decided to not look at her, because her father didn't like it

True. We are seeing two contrast characters here.

Ammar is manipulative and selfish yet everyone falls for his good boy image easily.

Bilal is insecure and straightforward but his kindness is seen negatively because of his bad boy image.

Naturally anyone will choose Ammar over Bilal. Because we can see Ammar's selfishness and Bilal's kindness which is not visible to other characters on the drama.