Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: a day ago

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

After how long does Bilal return to Pakistan ? I bet a little time would pass when he returns next episode.

Hmmm...I thought Bilal won't go back to Singapore. I think Humsha and him will be going to airport for his flight. Then they get a call that something happened to Mirza Naamdar. Bilal will ask that they turn the car around and go asap to Mirza's house.

anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

Is it predatory? Maybe, could be but if he isn’t there to stalk her then I don’t know what you call it. It is problematic though because there’s a power imbalance but he’s a problematic character so far. Yes he should have asked her father first but giving him the letter and not the daughter directly still leaves the final decision up to the dad. The problem is more about him phrasing it as him feeling slightly insulted if he refuses which puts the dad in a delicate position. He does clarify later that he’s fine if he declines the offer.

My issue is that a lot of characters not just in PTV but even just in entertainment itself have problematic characteristics. I wouldn’t be able to enjoy anything if I took problem with all of them.

The stalker quality was in Bilal’s character in Ishq Murshid yet it was loved by many. Humsafar is one of my faves but Ashar (especially his dad) had problematic qualities too. I love Tere Bin and Murtasim with all my heart but I can’t pretend there aren’t any issues there. In real life, I would probably choose a Saad from MPHT over Murtasim but that didn’t make interesting TV. I would much rather watch Murtasim than Saad. Murtasim as a fictional character was just so attractive, charming and also had his upstanding qualities that I overlooked the flaws for the sake of entertainment. In real life, I’m a tougher cookie than Meerab and would probably give him a harder time. Also while TB was airing, so many people were sceptical and didn’t understand how Murtasim just suddenly fell in love with Meerab. Many of us had our theories that he must have always liked her from before but was in denial. Luckily Wahaj clarified this on tour. Mind you, the writer and director both said two very different things about when he fell for her. I’m going to go with Wahaj because a) it’s already what I thought and b) because Wahaj played the character according to his understanding.

My point is, I’m okay with filling in the gaps when necessary and certain problematic aspects. There are some shows where I can’t do that while others can so I can understand where you’re coming from. Plus if you can’t connect with something then you can’t force it. Personally it isn’t bothering me and it is making sense to me. And his behaviour isn’t so off-putting to me that I can’t enjoy the show. Of course he is problematic at the moment but he’s supposed to be. If he doesn’t reform as the story progresses then I won’t be able to empathize with the character anymore.

Absolutely. If we go around looking for non problematic characters then there are barely any out there. Tere Bin was willing to take the misogynistic marital rape route where the heroine was willing to get back together with her husband, which I am so glad they didn't but both the characters were incompatible, spitting and all was shown. But it was entertaining in a very Pride and Prejudice fashion at least for the first 20 epis or so for me and no wonder it was such a huge hit. Saad was a true green flag but not explored well. Ishq Murshid had a stalker hero like u pointed out. Mein was terrible.

And here in SMD I think it's about the transformation of a problematic man into a non problematic one coz of love.

Also, love at first sights are one of the most common & classic love story tropes so I am not averse to it. It really depends on how the story will shape considering it has only been 4 episodes ! For now Bilal and Sadaf's eye contact did give me the butterflies despite the fact that Humsha was standing right next to Bilal but my entire focus was on that one eyelock. So, I am hoping the story will serve in the coming episodes.

And I am finding Bilal interesting coz the character is not unidimensional and has layers so far.

About Namdar saying those lines to his son,I feel most men 'think' women can't deal with emotional stress and they try to handle it themselves. This is the mentality of a lot of men and yet we know men suffer more heart attacks than women. Maybe Namdar will also die of a heart attack due to stress.

As of now my main issue with SMD is the pace. Apart from that I am enjoying the show so far.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Hmmm...I thought Bilal won't go back to Singapore. I think Humsha and him will be going to airport for his flight. Then they get a call that something happened to Mirza Naamdar. Bilal will ask that they turn the car around and go asap to Mirza's house.

No he is already gone. There was a shot of a plane getting off the ground.

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Stormborn01

I think you misunderstood. Bilal is a character I am enjoying. I feel connected to him. However, not to the love story so far and some aspects of the writing. If Wahaj continues to get less screen time I’m probably better off watching reels and catching up on promos, then coming back when story gets interesting.

Yeah I was disappointed in his limited screen time too. It was my fear and now I’m (foolishly?) hoping it will increase going forward.
unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

After how long does Bilal return to Pakistan ? I bet a little time would pass when he returns next episode.

Yeah maybe some time passes.

I don’t think we’ll see Wahaj in the next episode 😔 I think it they will be dealing more with Zaviyaar’s illness. Wahaj will show up towards the end of episode 6, I think after the dad passes away.

It looks like Ammar will step up and try to be there for the family which will sway Sadaf. So some screen time will be spent on that 🙄 That will explain the wedding. I still think he will leave her last minute when Daniya makes him a lucrative offer. Sadaf is signing Nikkah papers in the ost though so maybe the wedding goes through and he leaves her or also marries Daniya,

Originally posted by: Orphic

You will get to watch two different kinds of chemistries though smiley36

Bhai tauba kar liya hai chemistry se, bas wahaj screen pe dedo badi meherbaani hogismiley13

Orphic thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 5

Enigma Experts

https://x.com/photoshoplove3/status/1846946468768121298?s=46

This is how she used to talk to Rumi in MPTH, only the styling has changed smiley36

The hijra dialogue is so unnecessary.

WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

I didn't quite get it. Can someone explain? Why is Bilal giving Sadaf a job in his office but then promising that she won't see him. What's the point of offering her the job then if not to meet her?

They are showing difference between Amar and Bilal, Amar is forcing Sadaf, blackmailing her while Bilal has decided to not look at her, because her father didn't like it

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Love this frame. I have noticed that Humsha and Bilal’s dresses are color coordinated.

Edited by 2RsFan - a day ago

Originally posted by: Orphic

https://x.com/photoshoplove3/status/1846946468768121298?s=46

This is how she used to talk to Rumi in MPTH, only the styling has changed smiley36

The hijra dialogue is so unnecessary.

5 years apart but her acting and dialogue delivery is still the samesmiley22

Yeah her character is also same like mpth, just that here she's wearing formals and there she wore sarees. No doubt she's getting typecasted in third angle roles and isn't getting a lead role.