Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chai_chatter thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Romantic Reveries

Posted: a day ago

Originally posted by: Stormborn01

By now I’ve tried to think of any other logic but given how that road crossing memory literally brings tears into Bilal’s eyes like i’ll never deserve this woman, yes I do think that this is KRQ’s version of love at first sight indeed. Everything that followed has hinted towards it. It’s just a glimpse of her but that’s unfortunately what we have to go on. Other than that the fact that she’s inaccessible being Mirza sahab’s daughter. Did I miss anything? smiley36

Remember the movie Veer Zara? Now that was a meet cute. It needs a bit of fire, a bit of eye contact, a proper peek. Idk I feel like koi brief interaction hi hoti where he gets to see her personality or her spark. To make it believable. Mirza sahab koi sadaf ki stories hi sunna dete usse lol. Anything.

People are free to like it. I just think there are so many ways to do it and the writer picked that 🤯

Veer Zaara , haye wish we got something like that. Pehli nazar in my eyes wasn't up to the mark. For me, I don't like the way the build up is. It seems they will meet in her lowest point of life. So I don't think I will continue watching it.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

I didn't quite get it. Can someone explain? Why is Bilal giving Sadaf a job in his office but then promising that she won't see him. What's the point of offering her the job then if not to meet her?

I see it as him rewarding Namdaar Mirza for serving his family. She doesn’t need to job search and struggle when her own father works at such a huge hotel. Obviously attraction is there but Bilal doesn’t want to pursue her yet.

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

I didn't quite get it. Can someone explain? Why is Bilal giving Sadaf a job in his office but then promising that she won't see him. What's the point of offering her the job then if not to meet her?

I think because Humsha mentioned that she wanted to apply there but didn’t because her dad stopped her. He knows he’s the reason behind it.
unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Stormborn01

A lot of what he’s doing comes under predatory behavior but of course he’s saying “I promise I won’t” so people are going with it lol

It would have been better if he had had the talk with Mirza sahab first before asking Humsha to get the appointment letter.

The reason he offers is that he will feel slightly insulted if she doesn’t work for them. Make sense of that as you will.

Is it predatory? Maybe, could be but if he isn’t there to stalk her then I don’t know what you call it. It is problematic though because there’s a power imbalance but he’s a problematic character so far. Yes he should have asked her father first but giving him the letter and not the daughter directly still leaves the final decision up to the dad. The problem is more about him phrasing it as him feeling slightly insulted if he refuses which puts the dad in a delicate position. He does clarify later that he’s fine if he declines the offer.

My issue is that a lot of characters not just in PTV but even just in entertainment itself have problematic characteristics. I wouldn’t be able to enjoy anything if I took problem with all of them.

The stalker quality was in Bilal’s character in Ishq Murshid yet it was loved by many. Humsafar is one of my faves but Ashar (especially his dad) had problematic qualities too. I love Tere Bin and Murtasim with all my heart but I can’t pretend there aren’t any issues there. In real life, I would probably choose a Saad from MPHT over Murtasim but that didn’t make interesting TV. I would much rather watch Murtasim than Saad. Murtasim as a fictional character was just so attractive, charming and also had his upstanding qualities that I overlooked the flaws for the sake of entertainment. In real life, I’m a tougher cookie than Meerab and would probably give him a harder time. Also while TB was airing, so many people were sceptical and didn’t understand how Murtasim just suddenly fell in love with Meerab. Many of us had our theories that he must have always liked her from before but was in denial. Luckily Wahaj clarified this on tour. Mind you, the writer and director both said two very different things about when he fell for her. I’m going to go with Wahaj because a) it’s already what I thought and b) because Wahaj played the character according to his understanding.

My point is, I’m okay with filling in the gaps when necessary and certain problematic aspects. There are some shows where I can’t do that while others can so I can understand where you’re coming from. Plus if you can’t connect with something then you can’t force it. Personally it isn’t bothering me and it is making sense to me. And his behaviour isn’t so off-putting to me that I can’t enjoy the show. Of course he is problematic at the moment but he’s supposed to be. If he doesn’t reform as the story progresses then I won’t be able to empathize with the character anymore.

2RsFan thumbnail

It’s pretty obvious that Bilal will help to save Zaviyar and he would be sent abroad.

Originally posted by: WhimsicalMind

She didn't

She was doing that yesterday with Bilal too, the background music changed as she mentioned Sadaf's physical description for Bilal and even he was a little upset by it

https://x.com/ishk_duniya/status/1846599731901796638?t=cy1C0iC5TvD53ERWLyugJw&s=19

That was sucha scary bgm, and her expressions toosmiley24Gave me typical vamp vibes.

Bhai, I wanna enjoy LaSh scenes because wahaj has scenes only with hira and maya, but if the character is a two faced manipulative vamp, I can't take it yaar.

Orphic thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 5

Enigma Experts

Originally posted by: Rashi23

That was sucha scary bgm, and her expressions toosmiley24Gave me typical vamp vibes.

Bhai, I wanna enjoy LaSh scenes because wahaj has scenes only with hira and maya, but if the character is a two faced manipulative vamp, I can't take it yaar.

You will get to watch two different kinds of chemistries though smiley36

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

Is it predatory? Maybe, could be but if he isn’t there to stalk her then I don’t know what you call it. It is problematic though because there’s a power imbalance but he’s a problematic character so far. Yes he should have asked her father first but giving him the letter and not the daughter directly still leaves the final decision up to the dad. The problem is more about him phrasing it as him feeling slightly insulted if he refuses which puts the dad in a delicate position. He does clarify later that he’s fine if he declines the offer.

My issue is that a lot of characters not just in PTV but even just in entertainment itself have problematic characteristics. I wouldn’t be able to enjoy anything if I took problem with all of them.

The stalker quality was in Bilal’s character in Ishq Murshid yet it was loved by many. Humsafar is one of my faves but Ashar (especially his dad) had problematic qualities too. I love Tere Bin and Murtasim with all my heart but I can’t pretend there aren’t any issues there. In real life, I would probably choose a Saad from MPHT over Murtasim but that didn’t make interesting TV. I would much rather watch Murtasim than Saad. Murtasim as a fictional character was just so attractive, charming and also had his upstanding qualities that I overlooked the flaws for the sake of entertainment. In real life, I’m a tougher cookie than Meerab and would probably give him a harder time. Also while TB was airing, so many people were sceptical and didn’t understand how Murtasim just suddenly fell in love with Meerab. Many of us had our theories that he must have always liked her from before but was in denial. Luckily Wahaj clarified this on tour. Mind you, the writer and director both said two very different things about when he fell for her. I’m going to go with Wahaj because a) it’s already what I thought and b) because Wahaj played the character according to his understanding.

My point is, I’m okay with filling in the gaps when necessary and certain problematic aspects. There are some shows where I can’t do that while others can so I can understand where you’re coming from. Plus if you can’t connect with something then you can’t force it. Personally it isn’t bothering me and it is making sense to me. And his behaviour isn’t so off-putting to me that I can’t enjoy the show. Of course he is problematic at the moment but he’s supposed to be. If he doesn’t reform as the story progresses then I won’t be able to empathize with the character anymore.

I think you misunderstood. Bilal is a character I am enjoying. I feel connected to him. However, not to the love story so far and some aspects of the writing. If Wahaj continues to get less screen time I’m probably better off watching reels and catching up on promos, then coming back when story gets interesting.

Mrinmoyi_me thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

Is it the same guy? Maybe just looks like him? There’s so much attention to detail, it would seem odd for him to do this

yup i took ss and compared. same guy and same suit even smiley37
Edited by Mrinmoyi_me - a day ago
2RsFan thumbnail

After how long does Bilal return to Pakistan ? I bet a little time would pass when he returns next episode.