Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: a day ago

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

On the plus side , we would get more Bilal and Humsha scenes now cos she would be his replacement.

I don’t want to suffer through second lead syndrome lol

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Sometimes it feels as if KRQ is intentionally making a mockery of the love at first sight trope .

He sadly just doesn’t know any better

chai_chatter thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Romantic Reveries

That was not love at first sight , at least for me. I really don't care about the friends. I feel there too many side characters. Hira and Wahaj look great, Maya's eye makeup is bothering me. I'm also skipping the scenes and I didn't want to do this to Wahaj's show.

Originally posted by: chai_chatter

That was not love at first sight , at least for me. I really don't care about the friends. I feel there too many side characters. Hira and Wahaj look great, Maya's eye makeup is bothering me. I'm also skipping the scenes and I didn't want to do this to Wahaj's show.

By now I’ve tried to think of any other logic but given how that road crossing memory literally brings tears into Bilal’s eyes like i’ll never deserve this woman, yes I do think that this is KRQ’s version of love at first sight indeed. Everything that followed has hinted towards it. It’s just a glimpse of her but that’s unfortunately what we have to go on. Other than that the fact that she’s inaccessible being Mirza sahab’s daughter. Did I miss anything? smiley36

Remember the movie Veer Zara? Now that was a meet cute. It needs a bit of fire, a bit of eye contact, a proper peek. Idk I feel like koi brief interaction hi hoti where he gets to see her personality or her spark. To make it believable. Mirza sahab koi sadaf ki stories hi sunna dete usse lol. Anything.

People are free to like it. I just think there are so many ways to do it and the writer picked that 🤯

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Mrinmoyi_me

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DAmAuY7oZhS/?igsh=MWprbmlxY3UwaWJ0OQ==

Seems like Sadaf will Marry Ammar and Bilal will sponsor the wedding smiley37

Thank God Bilal didn't promise Buddha to stay from Sadaf. He just called it his decision. Clever boysmiley2

Whats with Humsha and Ammar dynamic btw? They seemed closer than the trio . Also Why does Hira keeps her hand every time in her pocket? Its very distractingsmiley36

Namdar Mirza is very weak and he made his son lie too. Typical men scared to accept truth and using women as excuse . smiley24

Zeher seems now a character of the show. Always getting screen time since first episode. I hated it since Sadaf started the not so funny joke now its getting very weird. Can someone kill Mr. Zeher by feeding it Zeher already smiley29

Actually true about Bilal not promising to not come face to face with Sadaf. Mirza Saab also said that he doesn’t mind if they come across each other if she decides to work there. Therefore he wouldn’t be betraying Mirza Saab if he does try to talk to Sadaf.
unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Stormborn01

Which attention to detail yar? Haseeb has focused on frames and aesthetics only. Script ki lines bhi edit nahi ki as a result of which we are getting some cringe ones every episode. Then his filter. Outdoor scenes are great though.

That is part of aesthetics though. He went through the trouble of making this huge portrait to make things look authentic so it would be a bit weird to use the same actor.

I only found the Hijra line and the over focus on zeher truly problematic. The other lines about women etc…honestly besides a handful of dramas, this seems to be a common issue. I think most people are taking more issue with it because they know what the writer is like in real life.

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Stormborn01

I wish I was the writer. I would have had Namdaar tell Bilal in the car about his son’s diagnosis and had Bilal stay smiley36

Also how ironic that Mirza sahab tells his son that women can’t handle such news only to die 2 seconds later himself? smiley37

I think that was the point. That Naamdar may think women have weak hearts and need to be protected by men, but it's him who can't take it, and then later, Sadaf will step in to take care of business. People just jump on every line to nitpick, irrespective of the context. Is this a red flag thing said by a red flag character? Does it jive with that character's world view? Is this line glorifying something regressive or is being set up so it can be repudiated later? etc. KRQ is a misogynist no doubt but his is a particular brand of misogyny and the kamzor aurat line does not fit that brand.

Edited by hypnotoad - a day ago
hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

Actually true about Bilal not promising to not come face to face with Sadaf. Mirza Saab also said that he doesn’t mind if they come across each other if she decides to work there. Therefore he wouldn’t be betraying Mirza Saab if he does try to talk to Sadaf.

I didn't quite get it. Can someone explain? Why is Bilal giving Sadaf a job in his office but then promising that she won't see him. What's the point of offering her the job then if not to meet her?

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

I think that was the point. That Naamdar may think women have weak hearts and need to be protected by men, but it's him who can't take it, and then later, Sadaf will step in to take care of business. People just jump on every line to nitpick, irrespective of the context. Is this a red flag thing said by a red flag character? Does it jive with that character's world view? Is this line glorifying something regressive or is being set up so it can be repudiated later? etc. KRQ is a misogynist no doubt but his is a particular brand of misogyny and the kamzor aurat line does not fit that brand.

Disagree that this shouldn’t be pointed out. This is his choice of words that he used to convey something. How hard is it to phrase it like, hey I don’t want to worry your sister and mother they might not be ready yet. Instead of putting it under the aurat umbrella he always chooses to do in his scripts? Word choice is wrong. Same thing or point can be conveyed another way too. And coming from a good character this stuff is just insulting to hear

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

I didn't quite get it. Can someone explain? Why is Bilal giving Sadaf a job in his office but then promising that she won't see him. What's the point of offering her the job then if not to meet her?

A lot of what he’s doing comes under predatory behavior but of course he’s saying “I promise I won’t” so people are going with it lol

It would have been better if he had had the talk with Mirza sahab first before asking Humsha to get the appointment letter.

The reason he offers is that he will feel slightly insulted if she doesn’t work for them. Make sense of that as you will.