Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Posted: 16 days ago

Originally posted by: mala06

The show has parallels to Munafiq. The same writer might be the reason with little tunnings. There too the female lead was forced to marry the guy who was the reason for her brother's death and who was the son of a powerful politician.

Just that. And the big difference is that in Munafiq FL became an obidant wife to her cruel husband . She was kicked out his house but continued to consider him her majazi khuda. smiley11 I am glad that Anmol plays a strong woman in this show.

I watched Munafiq only for the chemistry of Fatima Effendi and Bilal Quraishi.smiley9

MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osnqbhXOKG0

new promo aya h. seems like a revenge track is coming.

Edited by MJ_1009 - 16 days ago
BurakZeynep thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Cat.

It is true, the fact that it reached the media and Mehru can even stand against these political hyenas is that with the advent of social media, you can't bury the truth. Also, I think you are right because Saman Shah is in the midst of elections, she will need to be careful with how she retaliates and hence the wedding. It might be wishful thinking on my part, but I rather Mehru get forced into marriage than get love-bombed by Shahnawaz only to discover it is all a lie. I mean that office scene he says he can make her disappear, again why would she trust this guy and fall in love?

There was an accident a couple of months ago in Pakistan where the wife of a rich industrialist under the influence of drugs/alcohol mowed a father and daughter down. No jail term for her, she gets forgiven by the victim's family. The incident was similar, the crowd catches the person red-handed, and yet she escapes a life in jail.

For people who haven't heard about this incident. I am sure most of you know about this.

https://www.facebook.com/brutindia/videos/a-pakistani-woman-a-car-accident-and-a-smile/1034811301706975/

She'll be forced for whatever reasons since the show talks about exerting power(from Shaw's teaser dialogue) in politics and love

CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I honestly don't get how Shahnawaz isn't equally involved in this murder. The guy is shaking hands with expressionless brother after bribing his way out like he has just come home after winning a Nobel prize. Let's view him as completely guilty, there is no gray area here. There is no doubt that Mehru will use the media to bring this case to court.

I really hope they play up the political angle from all sides. Where's the opposition in all of this? It feels like one sided politics. Saman Shah is out here playing chess while the oppositions not even on the board.

I don't know how they'll end up getting married. If this were an Indian drama, they might have swapped the bride under a veil or the groom behind a garland, and no one would notice the difference in height or body shape, thanks to everyone being under the influence of "dhun tana dhun tana." But here, the custom of marriage is different, both parties actually need to agree, and preferably, have something to gain from it.

Shahnawaz might eventually wise up and realize, “Keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer.” And seriously, what’s closer than your own bedroom? Meanwhile, the annoying cousin would probably go on a hunger strike again, and Shahnawaz wouldn’t bat an eye. After all, in this triangular family’s world, where so many people are dying, what’s one more? Of course, Saman Shah would pay for the funeral because she is so generous. As long as the three of them are alive and kicking, it's all good.

Meanwhile, Refey and Bee Jaan will probably give up since Mehru isn’t backing down from this case. They’ll find their perfect match in Urooj, who could easily win the Star Parivaar award for “Best Bahu” with her top tier acting. Bee Jaan will have to set up a new timetable where the morning starts at lunchtime, once Urooj drops her bahu act.

LifeOfWhy thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: CoffeeCake

I honestly don't get how Shahnawaz isn't equally involved in this murder. The guy is shaking hands with expressionless brother after bribing his way out like he has just come home after winning a Nobel prize. Let's view him as completely guilty, there is no gray area here.

This💯

And the double standards of Saman Shah & Shahnawaz, as if Zain being in jail is more miserable than his victim shaani being critical?! Influential family or not, khoon ka rishta means the same to everyone! You can't bring back someone from death, no matter how wealthy you are!

Cat. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 days ago

I watched the OST and the initial teasers again and I think you are right Mango, it is not going to be a forced marriage but he will pretend to fall in love with her and probably will fall in love with her(without him realising it)but revenge will be his motivation to marry her. I am guessing MEhru will make such a big stir that Saman Shah will have to allow Zain to go to jail because of the elections. She probably plans to get him out post elections but Shahnawaz blinded by his love for his brother and the fact that Mehru wins this battle will go all out for revenge and then woos her. I still don't understand why Mehru will fall for him but I guess Saman Shan and Shahnawaz play a long elaborate game to trap her. But for that to work Rafay and her relationship should have already fizzled out and Rafay married to Urooj.

I am guessing it is going to be 1) fight between Mehru and Shahnawaz to send/not send Zain to jail, 2) when that does not happen and Zain goes to jail,3) Shahnawaz is out for blood and revenge and pretends to woo Mehru and then 4) wedding happens.

Edited by Cat. - 15 days ago
BurakZeynep thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Cat.

I watched the OST and the initial teasers again and I think you are right Mango, it is not going to be a forced marriage but he will pretend to fall in love with her and probably will fall in love with her(without him realising it)but revenge will be his motivation to marry her. I am guessing MEhru will make such a big stir that Saman Shah will have to allow Zain to go to jail because of the elections. She probably plans to get him out post elections but Shahnawaz blinded by his love for his brother and the fact that Mehru wins this battle will go all out for revenge and then woos her. I still don't understand why Mehru will fall for him but I guess Saman Shan and Shahnawaz play a long elaborate game to trap her. But for that to work Rafay and her relationship should have already fizzled out and Rafay married to Urooj.

I am guessing it is going to be 1) fight between Mehru and Shahnawaz to send/not send Zain to jail, 2) when that does not happen and Zain goes to jail,3) Shahnawaz is out for blood and revenge and pretends to woo Mehru and then 4) wedding happens.

Given how intelligent Mehru has been shown it would be against her character if she falls for Shaw's act given what their history is. It also feels strange Shaw trying to woo a girl who's already spoken for. Unless, like the cousin confusion drama, nobody tells him that Mahru already has a fiance. I'm all for Shaw desparately falling for her and her rebuffing him. Also there are two scenes in the OST which show she's trying to leave his house and he stops her, making me think it's a forced marriage and Shaw will probably give the excuse of saving his family's political image to his family when the reality is something else.

Rashmiiii thumbnail

I think too that it will be fake love thing, he will pretend to be a nice guy I think, there is this one scene in OST where he is asking her to sit (in the office) may be he will offer her some help and then there is one scene where mehru visits his house (he offers her tea) may be she got convinced and ask for his help or something. And then after marriage , may be ,she gets to know his real side (he will be in love by that time ig) and therefore we see in all their scenes there is some hesitation , confusion and are somewhat forced and its not all giddy eyes and just romance.

Edited by Rashmiiii - 15 days ago
Cat. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I agree with that and I wouldn't say I like it one bit but it is the same scenes that Rashmi mentioned, there seems to be no anger there which is throwing me off a bit. It could also be he does all the wooing but she is not impressed and he forcefully marries her anyway.

Baby36 thumbnail
I think the same if she fallen for him it will be definitely disgrace her character.