Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 17 days ago

I think i saw anmol first in that show with hamza.. But the other ml was such a clown that i dropped the show... I don't think she registered on my radar as such... Then in that shiddat (?) show but i dropped that too

But now when I'm seeing her in this, the girl is gorgeous.. Her beauty doesn't hit you like sajal or mahira at first glance but the more you see her, the prettier she looks.. And her styling is A+ here... It's so breezy and casual..

BurakZeynep thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 days ago

Originally posted by: bips

I think i saw anmol first in that show with hamza.. But the other ml was such a clown that i dropped the show... I don't think she registered on my radar as such... Then in that shiddat (?) show but i dropped that too

But now when I'm seeing her in this, the girl is gorgeous.. Her beauty doesn't hit you like sajal or mahira at first glance but the more you see her, the prettier she looks.. And her styling is A+ here... It's so breezy and casual..

U should watch her show Aik Sitam Aur. You'll enjoy it.

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 days ago

I find the intersection of how powerful media and the general public can be really interesting. If this was in some isolated area where no one would have seen anything. However, because it happens in the city and in a crowded area, it is the public who act as law and order. They are the ones who stop Zain from leaving and make sure he is taken to the police station. They are the ones who alert the media. Now, once the media is alerted, even the police can't backtrack. They also have an image to uphold and so Zain is arrested and held in custody.

Despite having political power and might, it is a struggle for Saman and Shaw to get Zain out immediately. That was a surprise to see. You can see the powerful aren't as powerful as they think. They are not able to easily intimidate people as they would like and so this is a check. So there is hidden power in the hands of the public and media.

At the same time, you can immediately see wheels turning for Saman. There is going to be political pushback and she could potentially lose the ticket. That is where it is really going to hurt these two.

So I can see this becoming a political battle where Mehru somehow ends up becoming a political rival in order to attack them where it really hurts. She is going to use public and media to give it back to them.

I am not sure how she can get forced into a marriage given she has such a forceful and brave personality. This isn't some doormat. Loved when she confronted Saman in the hospital and said paying the bill wasn't some favour but rather they were the sinners. Wah! smiley32 This is a real gutsy girl and the fight now begins.

mango.falooda thumbnail

Originally posted by: BurakZeynep

U should watch her show Aik Sitam Aur. You'll enjoy it.

one of the most fun PK dramas I watched as well as had a blast in the forum here.

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Mehru is brave.

It is a car accidant, and one shouldn't behave like the guy deliberately hit her brother. But Saman using her power to get out of cutody, shows that they are able to escape punishment.

Edited by awida - 16 days ago
mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hiba Bukhari

The show has parallels to Munafiq. The same writer might be the reason with little tunnings. There too the female lead was forced to marry the guy who was the reason for her brother's death and who was the son of a powerful politician.

mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hiba Bukhari

Originally posted by: bips

Yeah. I don't know what she has but she has a proper presence on screen. I am not a fan of her acting though. I also enjoyed her in Maan aaangan though her other sisters were annoying. She had a powerful role there too.

Cat. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

It is true, the fact that it reached the media and Mehru can even stand against these political hyenas is that with the advent of social media, you can't bury the truth. Also, I think you are right because Saman Shah is in the midst of elections, she will need to be careful with how she retaliates and hence the wedding. It might be wishful thinking on my part, but I rather Mehru get forced into marriage than get love-bombed by Shahnawaz only to discover it is all a lie. I mean that office scene he says he can make her disappear, again why would she trust this guy and fall in love?

There was an accident a couple of months ago in Pakistan where the wife of a rich industrialist under the influence of drugs/alcohol mowed a father and daughter down. No jail term for her, she gets forgiven by the victim's family. The incident was similar, the crowd catches the person red-handed, and yet she escapes a life in jail.

For people who haven't heard about this incident. I am sure most of you know about this.

https://www.facebook.com/brutindia/videos/a-pakistani-woman-a-car-accident-and-a-smile/1034811301706975/

mango.falooda thumbnail

Right now, the mystery for me is how Shaw and Mehru are going to end up together. It doesn't seem possible at this point given their characters and their way of life. Neither of them are the adjusting going with the flow type of people.

Amal told Shaw that he is indifferent and cold and he said it was a compliment as those are qualities needed to be a politician. Despite her tears, he just did a charm offensive to get her to back down but he didn't back down from not wanting an engagement.

Similarly Mehru isn't the type to get mowed down. Even if it is her future in-law, she tells bijaan exactly how she feels. There is no sugar coating.

Rafay on the other hand is a total pushover. So can see him as well as other son-in-law Aftab pushing for her to just forgive and forget. However, Mehru isn't going to and that is going to lead to divisions. It will be interesting to see.

Cat. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Agreed, both are quite hard-headed and it will be interesting to see how they do get together.

If you look at it, this is why Shahnawaz is bothered by Mehru, she does not give in, he is unable to persuade her to even give him her name and he is totally flustered by it. In my opinion, for the first time in his life, he feels things are not in control and the reason why he told her " he doesn't want to see her face ever again"

He is all about controlling situations and people and she is like "nope" and it kind of makes him feel out of sorts.

I love shows where the ML and FL are stubborn, makes for great viewing :p