Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BurakZeynep thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 22 days ago

Originally posted by: Cat.

what if the pyaar me dhoka is this bit, he pretends to woo her and then marries for revenge?

Though I am not sure why Mehru will fall for him post the accident of her brother, so that doesn't make sense either.

Maybe he'll woo her and betray her first and then the accident will happen?

He'll marry her to save his family's image.

Edited by BurakZeynep - 22 days ago
Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 21 days ago

Ok. The writer is the same of Malal e yaar. I feel if they are going to follow the drama, then it can serve well. Malal e yaar had the same story with politics in background , love to hate trope and lots of slow burn and development. No wonder, we have so many intimate scenes ( by Pak standards) already. MEY too had great ITV type romantic scenes. I guess, writer has tried to recreate MEY only with some changes. Let's see how it goes. But hate to love stories with good looking young leads mostly serves. The execution of the drama is very poor and side characters and their storyline is very weak. Rubina ashraf can't be taken seriously with her OTT acting and the brother of ML also is funny. As much as I wasn't a fan of Khani, I guess that drama had really solid execution with strong supporting characters and actors. The only department in which this drama can win is chemistry and dynamics between the leads and if they are going to focus on that , it's gonna soon lose its viewership. Even MEY had pretty strong side characters.

Plus Amal and Rafay are so boring and annoying. When leads have already so much scope, why would you force them too much on-screen. At least could have casted better actors. They both have no screen presence. 🥲

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Cat.

what if the pyaar me dhoka is this bit, he pretends to woo her and then marries for revenge?

Though I am not sure why Mehru will fall for him post the accident of her brother, so that doesn't make sense either.

Ok my theory is :

He is already infatuated by her. But if course he isn't realising it. Before her brother's death, there must be some other plot where she probably goes against their family or becomes a obstacle in their way, so he will try to woo her like you said. She won't fall for him of course. Then accident happens, her brother dies.

He probably will threaten her to kill her rest of the family members and she marries him forcefully, also shr might have plans that she would find some evidence too against his brother and can do something about the case.

They get married and hence the story starts. It sounds very typical ITV show. But that's what I am getting from the teasers. Because forced marriage is definitely gonna happen for the love story to start. And Mehru won't marry him like that considering she is shown very strong headed. Let's see.

987959 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Renee.Clare

Ok. The writer is the same of Malal e yaar. I feel if they are going to follow the drama, then it can serve well. Malal e yaar had the same story with politics in background , love to hate trope and lots of slow burn and development. No wonder, we have so many intimate scenes ( by Pak standards) already. MEY too had great ITV type romantic scenes. I guess, writer has tried to recreate MEY only with some changes. Let's see how it goes. But hate to love stories with good looking young leads mostly serves. The execution of the drama is very poor and side characters and their storyline is very weak. Rubina ashraf can't be taken seriously with her OTT acting and the brother of ML also is funny. As much as I wasn't a fan of Khani, I guess that drama had really solid execution with strong supporting characters and actors. The only department in which this drama can win is chemistry and dynamics between the leads and if they are going to focus on that , it's gonna soon lose its viewership. Even MEY had pretty strong side characters.

Plus Amal and Rafay are so boring and annoying. When leads have already so much scope, why would you force them too much on-screen. At least could have casted better actors. They both have no screen presence. 🥲

The supporting cast of this drama is very week. Asa still had better supporting cast and familiar faces.

Rashmiiii thumbnail
I agree they should focus more on leads rather than focusing on family drama.
Rashmiiii thumbnail
There is soo much going on it's difficult to guess the trajectory of their love story. Mehru will also get engage to her cousin.
987959 thumbnail

If this drama is like 30+ episodes then for more than 10 episodes we will be getting more of the family drama than the leads and leads will most probably get married only after 15+ episodes.

Cat. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Yeah I don't think she's getting married by choice to him by any means. The scenes in the ost where she is wearing the red sharara, seem immediately after the forced wedding.

He is fascinated and intrigued by her, I think he will try getting close to her but probably the accident by his brother forces his hand to get engaged to his cousin to portray himself as a family man for the sake of politics or Amal threatens to commit suicide and he can't have that for his political career.

The current problem with the show is there are not enough scenes between the main leads. If you are selling this as a passionate love story there needs to be more interaction between the leads.

For example the last episode, they could have just one scene of them interacting post the school meet. I felt it was an abrupt jump from school back to home.

Yeah Rafay and Amal are both boring and typical with no charisma.

CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: spnfan

The supporting cast of this drama is very week. Asa still had better supporting cast and familiar faces.

Especially Saman Shah, who overacts as if she’s in a school play. I kind of miss when she was stuck in the wheelchair. How does anyone take her election speeches seriously with that tone and attitude? Half the time, I can’t tell if she’s running for office or auditioning for stand up comedy....

Edited by CoffeeCake - 21 days ago
BurakZeynep thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: CoffeeCake

Especially Saman Shah, who overacts as if she’s in a school play. I kind of miss when she was stuck in the wheelchair. How does anyone take her election speeches seriously with that tone and attitude? Half the time, I can’t tell if she’s running for office or auditioning for stand up comedy....

Yup she was giving me the energy of a loud Punjabi uncle