Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: Virgo27

Iliterally there are some accounts on X which try to act like Elite critics who belong to old classic times of PTV who only judge Terebin and question Wahaj and Yumna's choices for doing such a trash show which is worst thing happen to ptv smiley36They bash yumhaj fans for using extreme romantic words for Yumhaj but acts like Nibbis when their favorites shows or PS comes. Their audacity smiley36smiley21

Content is content and for every content there is different audience why to compare oranges and apples smiley26

you just described a peak example of what being pressed makes you do and say 🤭😂 it’s been a year and they still can’t swallow the success and rage of TB. Love it or not love it, either way obsession tou hai lol

Generally hi dekh lo 🤭 - the fixation is kind of embarrassing 🤷‍♀️

Edited by tgota92 - 6 months ago
anu41982 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tgota92

TB set a benchmark and precedent for continued popularity which isn’t easy to maintain. IM was a cute show but made me lose interest pretty quick due to lack of structure and proper arcs - but let’s see one year down the line if people will even remember it. What TB has achieved is no easy feat.

I also find the argument ridiculous that “oh people think dramas started with TB” - and I have to say to that, so what? To pull in so much of a new audience to an industry they knew nothing about is a huge huge feat and a testament to the power TB had. It doesn’t belittle it but makes it a giant to be able to do that for PTV. Not to mention it pulled so many people BACK to PTV too who had given up on PTV content years ago. To convince 2 populations to give PTV a chance is a hugeeee deal 💪

Agreed. smiley20

Forget about PTV, I was not even watching any television. My last TV show was IPKKND,and that was a decade ago - I have lost my patience with that one, how a good show can be ruined and lose the direction through excessive and unnecessary dragging! And I have not watched any PTV at all before TB - only knew about Fawad and Mahira (from Khoobsurat and Raees).

And I still wonder how Yumna's bridal look video ended up on my FB feed (it was the first TB clip I watched) and two or three others later - including the infamous slap and then the OST promo, the magnificent dargah clip was what sold TB to me. And once I started, the crispness of episodes had me glued initially, and after a couple of episodes later, characters took over. And I am still not over it.

It will not be easy to achieve what TB managed to pull off - attracting completely new group of audience and keep them within the same chokehold even almost year after its conclusion. I am not sure if the TB S2 will be any match to the glory TB created. Such wonders occur only once in a blue moon! smiley1

Are Yumhaj going to UK?? What's about theur UK tour for Luxe events smiley24

haven’t been following that since I don’t live there. Perhaps after Eid

Are Yumhaj going to UK?? What's about theur UK tour for Luxe events smiley24

They haven't updated yet so no idea, last heard they told they are working on venues and dates, after that no updates

Originally posted by: anu41982

Agreed. smiley20

Forget about PTV, I was not even watching any television. My last TV show was IPKKND,and that was a decade ago - I have lost my patience with that one, how a good show can be ruined and lose the direction through excessive and unnecessary dragging! And I have not watched any PTV at all before TB - only knew about Fawad and Mahira (from Khoobsurat and Raees).

And I still wonder how Yumna's bridal look video ended up on my FB feed (it was the first TB clip I watched) and two or three others later - including the infamous slap and then the OST promo, the magnificent dargah clip was what sold TB to me. And once I started, the crispness of episodes had me glued initially, and after a couple of episodes later, characters took over. And I am still not over it.

It will not be easy to achieve what TB managed to pull off - attracting completely new group of audience and keep them within the same chokehold even almost year after its conclusion. I am not sure if the TB S2 will be any match to the glory TB created. Such wonders occur only once in a blue moon! smiley1

Yep. For me just getting another season is a bonus so I’m not too bothered but just excited to watch it. Wahaj and Yumna are just in competition with their own self lol. Which is kind of fun ? They should just have fun with this one instead of taking any kind of pressure. Audience tou confirm dekhe gi of course.

I agree about the crispness of the script. Nooran definitely had that and character arcs in mind. I think she mentioned in an interview that she has a habit of writing long scripts so idk how long season 2 will be but I hope it’s equally crisp and gripping from the get go.

My feelings about IPKKND is the exact same! Omg. Such a good drama that went down the drain. There have been plenty of couples and pairings that I’ve enjoyed since but since IPKKND, Meerasim was the one that stuck. And I think because of the crisp format TB was a much more enjoyable watch for me. IPKKND had no end in sight when I stopped watching lol

anu41982 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tgota92

Yep. For me just getting another season is a bonus so I’m not too bothered but just excited to watch it. Wahaj and Yumna are just in competition with their own self lol. Which is kind of fun ? They should just have fun with this one instead of taking any kind of pressure. Audience tou confirm dekhe gi of course.

I agree about the crispness of the script. Nooran definitely had that and character arcs in mind. I think she mentioned in an interview that she has a habit of writing long scripts so idk how long season 2 will be but I hope it’s equally crisp and gripping from the get go.

My feelings about IPKKND is the exact same! Omg. Such a good drama that went down the drain. There have been plenty of couples and pairings that I’ve enjoyed since but since IPKKND, Meerasim was the one that stuck. And I think because of the crisp format TB was a much more enjoyable watch for me. IPKKND had no end in sight when I stopped watching lol

For some insane reason, I've always found that I am able to justify the actions of all of Nooran's characters from her character's perspective, based on the arcs she had developed! She really hit the bull's eye with her TB characters! smiley1

Edited by anu41982 - 6 months ago

Originally posted by: anu41982

For some insane reason, I've always found that I am able to justify the actions of all of Nooran's characters from her character's perspective, based on the arcs she had developed! She really hit the bull's eye with her TB characters! smiley1

I think some people got lost in the love story and forgot the main theme in TB which was forced marriages for women. It was developed through Meerab’s arc most prominently because no matter how “good” Murtasim was, she couldn’t just become docile and accepting of her new role just because it was “expected” of her - the scene with Meerab and Maa Begum highlighted that. Which is what is common in our society right? To pressurise women to just accept their circumstances. But through Meerab it was shown that that isn’t always the case. Even if she fell for him eventually, she couldn’t get past her trauma and abandonment/trust issues. And she fought so hard against believing murtasim’s feelings for her as genuine.

Then with Maryam - same deal. The pressures of conservative upbringing and just assuming the girl would marry someone of their choosing instead of having her own choice. That got interlinked with Meerab’s own trauma and as a result she fought so hard for Maryam as well. And when Maryam settled happily with Nauroz she is shown to disown her family which brings home the fact that no, just because it ended happily doesn’t excuse how it happened. So I liked that touch. The perpetrators were punished.

Lastly, with Haya. How murtasim giving up on Meerab ever wanting anything to do with him forces him to acknowledge that it’s unjust to expect Haya to give up her feelings and to get married to someone she doesn’t want. Because of Meerab leaving him, this put a lot of things into perspective for him eventually. Haya herself says that fine get me married to someone else, but I’ll just end up like Meerab where the only choice I would have left would be to leave my husband. Granted she had ulterior motives but from Murtasim’s point of view, he was all done expecting women to just conform to the wishes of others. His hard earned lesson thanks to Meerab lol. Even when he agrees to marry Haya it’s for the family’s sake - as he tells Maa Begum his happiness has nothing to do with it. And like he tells Meerab later, “Ab zidd nahi kerta main” 😂 He ended up being the collateral damage whenever marriage regarding any of these three women happened or almost happened.

Many people also felt it was unrealistic that Meerab wouldn’t melt around Murtasim because he was understanding and supported her- and unrealistic tou tha - but it was important for the theme that she resists and refuses to accept him. She shouldn’t have made it easy for them. And she didn’t 👏 so the forced marriage theme with the three women was nicely conveyed imo. Because none of the forced marriages came without consequences for all.

The main issue I had with Nooran was the slaps, and the plot twist which was thankfully scrapped 👌

Edited by tgota92 - 6 months ago

She’s back in Dallas for Eid 👌