2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: Winterberry

What can I say ? Missed chances - may be another life or another season

Hopefully another show . Wahaj needs to stay away miles away from Badar

Originally posted by: G259

Why do you think the OST scenes were shown in the last episode?Was it a random insertion again?

haha totally called that one ! I knew Badar was saving the bouquet and bike sequence for the last episode.

It’s just MJ envisioning what could have been, you know? If Zaid had ever reciprocated her feelings. Just to add that bittersweet touch to her dream sequence. The flashback in Turkey was real. But the ost scenes were just MJ imagining her and Zaid 💔💔💔

the whole ost is basically MJ’s dream sequence lol. It never happened. It’s all in her head. Which makes the ost even more tragic to listen to and watch.

Edited by tgota92 - 8 months ago
arshi1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Mein was a fun ride, largely thanks to u ppl! Taking a break from Pak TV and looking forward to reconnecting in SMD forum in 3 mths. I have a feeling it will serve, given the writer's knack for stirring up controversial questions :).

Is anyone watching Khaie? Hearing great things abt it, so planning to binge watch it once it gets over.

2RsFan thumbnail

Originally posted by: arshi1983

Mein was a fun ride, largely thanks to u ppl! Taking a break from Pak TV and looking forward to reconnecting in SMD forum in 3 mths. I have a feeling it will serve, given the writer's knack for stirring up controversial questions :).

It has to esp after two back to back disappointments from Wahaj, MPHT and Mein

The unrequited love really hits you hard in the last episode.

1. Zaid ready to believe the worst from her. Doubt there was much trust to begin with but whatever little there might have been totally broke in the garden scene. He was quiet but you could tell how easy it was for him to believe Rayyan. Made me think of the window scene after Ayra gets fired and he notices MJ gloating about it- and he glared at her in that moment. So yeah… even back then he could tell she was not to be trusted. Things like that make it easy for him to write her off as someone capable of doing anything to get what she wants.

2. He seemed completely disinterested in her confession. His head bowed down, he was lost in his own depression from the whole Ayra situation and how she left him. I counted an entire minute of MJ rambling and he’s just not even moving his head lol. Then when he finally looks up he doesn’t make eye contact. The only time he does is when she confesses that she fell for him. And it’s shocking for him - he probably wrote off everything she said or did as her being fake so this was unexpected for him. And to say it when things are finished between them also took him by surprise. But as soon as she brings up the Rayyan thing again he breaks eye contact again and looks uncomfortable. He just can’t trust her words. And she knows it. The only mercy he can grant her is the Khulla she asks for. Which he does. She can’t ask more from him.

3. The sandal scene. Even here when MJ is confessing her feelings he’s not making eye contact, although she is trying to. He’s looking ahead, disinterested and aloof. A bit uncomfortable. Its clear these words are outside the boundaries he’s set with her so he can’t do much but look away. Wahaj played it really nicely here. Distant but kind at the same time. Even when he grabs her hand she is the one who looks taken aback but he’s normal about it. A sweet moment but you can tell it means more for her than it does for him.

💔

Originally posted by: tgota92

The unrequited love really hits you hard in the last episode.

1. Zaid ready to believe the worst from her. Doubt there was much trust to begin with but whatever little there might have been totally broke in the garden scene. He was quiet but you could tell how easy it was for him to believe Rayyan. Made me think of the window scene after Ayra gets fired and he notices MJ gloating about it- and he glared at her in that moment. So yeah… even back then he could tell she was not to be trusted. Things like that make it easy for him to write her off as someone capable of doing anything to get what she wants.

2. He seemed completely disinterested in her confession. His head bowed down, he was lost in his own depression from the whole Ayra situation and how she left him. I counted an entire minute of MJ rambling and he’s just not even moving his head lol. Then when he finally looks up he doesn’t make eye contact. The only time he does is when she confesses that she fell for him. And it’s shocking for him - he probably wrote off everything she said or did as her being fake so this was unexpected for him. And to say it when things are finished between them also took him by surprise. But as soon as she brings up the Rayyan thing again he breaks eye contact again and looks uncomfortable. He just can’t trust her words. And she knows it. The only mercy he can grant her is the Khulla she asks for. Which he does. She can’t ask more from him.

3. The sandal scene. Even here when MJ is confessing her feelings he’s not making eye contact, although she is trying to. He’s looking ahead, disinterested and aloof. A bit uncomfortable. Its clear these words are outside the boundaries he’s set with her so he can’t do much but look away. Wahaj played it really nicely here. Distant but kind at the same time. Even when he grabs her hand she is the one who looks taken aback but he’s normal about it. A sweet moment but you can tell it means more for her than it does for him.

💔

You have broken down his change of expressions really well.I noticed it in the sandal one but not that much during the khula scene.

Another thing-Don't you think that the makers were in two minds about how to end the show?I think the Turkey scenes were shot thinking that they will tweak the ending and Zaid-MJ would end up together.But later did what Zanjabeel wrote.I am saying this because during most of the scenes in Turkey,Zaid seemed to be developing a liking for her.Plus the Asif-Ayra 5 crore scene wasn't shown as well.Maybe in the alternate ending she leaves him taking 5 crore again?Then Zaid gives his relationship with MJ a chance?

2RsFan thumbnail

Originally posted by: G259

Another thing-Don't you think that the makers were in two minds about how to end the show?I think the Turkey scenes were shot thinking that they will tweak the ending and Zaid-MJ would end up together.But later did what Zanjabeel wrote.I am saying this because during most of the scenes in Turkey,Zaid seemed to be developing a liking for her.Plus the Asif-Ayra 5 crore scene wasn't shown as well.Maybe in the alternate ending she leaves him taking 5 crore again?Then Zaid gives his relationship with MJ a chance?

Also the precap for the last episode has different dialogues for the Khula scene and Zaid opening the envelope

Hard to say. If he was to end up with anyone it makes more sense for them to make him and Ayra end game. Bhabhi kind of stressed a lot of Ayra still loving him and needing time. And in the finale you see Ayra thinking about him too. And he did everything for her. Even the garden scene , him fighting against everyone , bringing justice for her, getting Rayyan arrested etc. So for me there was room for reconciliation between the two.

Rayyan being the one to harass Ayra and assault Kashmala too - I don’t think MJ and Zaid could ever have been endgame as a side effect of that. Hell, even Jaffer wanted both marriages to break after hearing what Kashmala said. Plus the writer and director would have worked to build some genuine trust with MJ and Zaid. They would not have had MJ get Ayra fired. They would have given MJ some redemption at the end during the harassment case instead of her being selfish and secretive about it. But all this was not done. So the basic foundation isn’t there. You have to give a villain redemption in some form which wasn’t done.

I believe the writer when she said they wanted to milk the Turkey scenes for ratings. It’s a sad truth. But considering how Badars mind worked with the whole concept and how he executed his dumb idea (imo Zanjabeel actually made his idea a lot deeper and better lol), I don’t put it past him to just do a lot of things for ratings. Also feelings were real from MJ’s side - the love. From Zaid’s side it was just his growing comfort and trust in her - which broke the second they got back. It was too short lived and fickle so it broke easily. Even in Turkey he tells her don’t expect love from me, I can’t love again. He’s already given his love and loyalty to Ayra. What he can offer is just comfortable companionship and kindness. And she’s happy with that. The spell breaks when they get back though and MJs past deeds catch up with her. And how she withholds the truth from Zaid.

MJ was always supposed to be a tragic figure in the story. Pretty sure the writer and Badar agreed on the ending but in the middle here and there tweaked stuff to get ratings and to keep people guessing. And it worked. Till the end it was pretty much unpredictable right? lol

Edited by tgota92 - 8 months ago

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Also the precap for the last episode has different dialogues for the Khula scene and Zaid opening the envelope

could just be a different take. I preferred the one they ended up showing - it sounded less desperate and more dignified from MJ’s side.