Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 months ago

I think I read this on X or somewhere that SMD was the KRQ script that 7th Sky was going to make before the fallout with KRQ back in March 2020. I am just a little concerned if a 4-year old script would still feel fresh? Not fresh in terms of being contemporary but fresh in terms of themes, structure, plotting, execution.

Edited by hypnotoad - 7 months ago
unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

I think I read this on X or somewhere that SMD was the KRQ script that 7th Sky was going to make before the fallout with KRQ back in March 2020. I am just a little concerned if a 4-year old script would still feel fresh? Not fresh in terms of being contemporary but fresh in terms of themes, structure, plotting, execution.

A good, solid script should be workable 4 years later, no? I just hope it’s a solid and entertaining watch
Edited by unicornhugs - 7 months ago
643898 thumbnail

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Most of the stories on PTV these days are outdated and crap anyway. Older scripts can be good too and Haseeb Hasan + Maya Ali would never do shows without full scripts.

643898 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tgota92

But Haseeb did a good job with JSA recently so I have faith he will let Wahaj shine. I’m just worried how much of a role he has and if it’s a female centric show or if the screen time is equal-ish. I am craving to see a great performance

But fans should also keep their expectations in check cos his dramas tend to serious or realistic and the romance very subdued. So don't expect anything like Tere Bin.

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

But fans should also keep their expectations in check cos his dramas tend to serious or realistic and the romance very subdued. So don't expect anything like Tere Bin.

Nah Tere Bin 2 will be there for my Tere Bin fix 😍

My expectations from SMD are totally different 👍🏼 I’m totally on board with the type of story teller Haseeb is. But I also know Khalil won’t let him change a thing in his script 🤷‍♀️ Realism will be there but I’m worried about how much control Haseeb will have on the script 🥴😂 With Khalil as the writer, probably none 🤦🏻‍♀️

643898 thumbnail

My expectations from SMD are totally different 👍🏼 I’m totally on board with the type of story teller Haseeb is. But I also know Khalil won’t let him change a thing in his script 🤷‍♀️ Realism will be there but I’m worried about how much control Haseeb will have on the script 🥴😂 With Khalil as the writer, probably none 🤦🏻‍♀️

As controversial as he is, the guy knows how to write. Even his bad stories are watchable and better than most of the content we get on PTV these days

Edited by 2RsFan - 7 months ago
unicornhugs thumbnail

I wouldn’t expect anything like Tere Bin anyway. All the extra dramatic stuff worked really well on that show - it suits the tone of TB. I love it and I’m waiting for season 2 but I don’t want every show Wahaj does to be like it or compared to it. A bit more realistic and subdued will be nice to see as well. I just need it to be engaging and I need Wahaj do be doing something and not ignored like he was in Mein. I also don’t expect any of Wahaj’s and Yumna’s projects to be as successful as TB. That was just on another level. That kind of success doesn’t come once most actors’ lifetimes let alone twice. All I want is a good quality project that keeps me entertained and I’ll be happy.
unicornhugs thumbnail

If it’s a good script, I’ll be happy if there are no changes. It’s usually what ruins it - the twists added in for shock value or the dragged out episodes. Although I guess he can still add in flashbacks to drag it out and he wouldn’t technically be changing the script
643898 thumbnail

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

I wouldn’t expect anything like Tere Bin anyway. All the extra dramatic stuff worked really well on that show - it suits the tone of TB. I love it and I’m waiting for season 2 but I don’t want every show Wahaj does to be like it or compared to it. A bit more realistic and subdued will be nice to see as well. I just need it to be engaging and I need Wahaj do be doing something and not ignored like he was in Mein. I also don’t expect any of Wahaj’s and Yumna’s projects to be as successful as TB. That was just on another level. That kind of success doesn’t come once most actors’ lifetimes let alone twice. All I want is a good quality project that keeps me entertained and I’ll be happy.

Wahaj is not just a romantic hero and can certainly play different types of characters. That's why I am saying SMD needs to be a decent show first and Wahaj needs to perform well. Chemistry can come later.

unicornhugs thumbnail

Wahaj is not just a romantic hero and can certainly play different types of characters. That's why I am saying SMD needs to be a decent show first and Wahaj needs to perform well. Chemistry can come later.

Yes agreed. He’s a strong and versatile actor. He also excels amazingly at emotional scenes. I hope he has a chance to showcase that.

He also does that mentally unstable anger well too. He was good in Fitoor and I saw a clip from 22 Qadam in which he was very good too. I’m not sure if his character is written that way in this so we probably won’t see that.