Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BurakZeynep thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: KhaqONeal

Well in the earlier episodes, they alluded to Noor Jehan being manipulative in her younger years too..including her role in NB's mother's departure. The show heavily implied these aspects, but then suddenly they reframed Noor Jehan as a victim of her past, suggesting that her bitterness made her villian in her older years.

That was alluded by Mukhtar Shah(if I'm not wrong) so its biased. His version of NJ being manipulative could be anything from her husband taking a stand for her against his family's mistreatment or her encouraging NB's mother to leave her husband because she felt stuck in the haveli

But I'm more interested to know why does she think that girls are born to bring dishonor to the family. Was it because of the what her family faced because of her elopement?

Edited by BurakZeynep - 1 months ago
hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I am watching the Kya Drama Hai review of NJ (yes I know) and Atiqa says that the letter NJ wrote to Noor Bano and some of the words is what Jaya Bachan did in end of Rocky Rani Ki Prem Kahani (RRKPK). I saw the movie chalte phirte but I can barely remember what happened in the end? If any one of you remember, did you see any similarities with that part of RRKPK?

Edited by hypnotoad - 1 months ago
meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

I am watching the Kya Drama Hai review of NJ (yes I know) and Atiqa says that the letter NJ wrote to Noor Bano and some of the words is what Jaya Bachan did in end of Rocky Rani Ki Prem Kahani (RRKPK). I saw the movie chalte phirte but I can barely remember what happened in the end? If any one of you remember, did you see any similarities with that part of RRKPK?

In the end RS feels insulted and not a part of Alia's family, when Alia pushes his dad for making fun of hers for dancing and these two breaks up.

Ranveer's family has some drama and he leaves with the mom and sis...grand dad dies and father has a change of heart, he apologizes to Alias family, and they marry. Jaya is the only one not happy with the union, but she writes letter to Alia that she understands passage of time and wishes her well for the marriage

Originally posted by: BurakZeynep

That was alluded by Mukhtar Shah(if I'm not wrong) so its biased. His version of NJ being manipulative could be anything from her husband taking a stand for her against his family's mistreatment or her encouraging NB's mother to leave her husband because she felt stuck in the haveli

But I'm more interested to know why does she think that girls are born to bring dishonor to the family. Was it because of the what her family faced because of her elopement?

Yeah but the narration that NJ suffered also came from her POV.. I believe they were suggesting that her internalised self-loathing and patriarchal beliefs led her to view girls as sources of dishonour/problems, perpetuating a cycle of abuse.

In the end, while the writers and director did a commendable job, they might have been a bit out of their depth to accurately show all the layers.

hey!

just had a thought ...wasn't it also Safina's birthday?

She got ignored again!

meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

Originally posted by: KhaqONeal

hey!

just had a thought ...wasn't it also Safina's birthday?

She got ignored again!

This scene from the OST makes me think they had a different ending planned, where Safina and Hunaid celebrate her birthday instead of the going to NJs

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 7.28.09 PM.png

Maroonporsche thumbnail

The ending episode was good

Aazeen02 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: meandwho

This scene from the OST makes me think they had a different ending planned, where Safina and Hunaid celebrate her birthday instead of the going to NJs

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 7.28.09 PM.png

They got ready this way for Safeer's wedding. Probably they took a shot from there.
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Posted: 21 days ago

Nadeem Baig said that he offered alot of actors a role in his recent hit drama “Noor Jahan” but all of them rejected it.