Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moosewithagoose thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

#MeeFil (ZPKB)

Posted: 11 months ago

I did not find much difference in Danish's characters from his previous roles but the main difference in this drama I would say is the back story and it makes sense why he is the way he is esp with Meher.

Their first meet was also very different and I always like it when it is not a love at first sight trope. And must say, the location is gorgeous and Komal and Danish's pairing also works. Komal is far better than Durre in terms of acting although I'm still biased towards Danish and Minal from ishq hai.

mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hiba Bukhari

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

As expected, lots was not shown in the initial teasers and promos, the first episode plotlines that came as a surprise. I want to say that Shabraiz is not the same as Danish's other grey characters.

Firstly that location was gorgeous! smiley27 Reminded me of Manali smiley36

Pace was great, totally engaging and set the mood. Did not get bored for a second. This is exactly how a Pilot should be.

I don't want to give away anything because its worth watching but Shabraiz and Meher's first meet gave me feelz. smiley42 I did not see a lot of things coming, which I will discuss here later!

Komal and Danish are really adorable and I loved them together smiley27 I am already rooting for these two! Komal's acting makes all the difference, compared to KTK where DurE made me crack up even in serious scenes smiley36

Another thing, the Pilot shows what Rehana Aftab is capable of writing and now makes it very clear why Ishq Hai had the tropes it did. Its evident she had more of a free hand here and that makes a heck of a difference. What a vast improvement!

Honestly I too didn't think it would be that good. But, surprisingly I liked it. Danish has a reason why he is like that. I liked the soft-spoken Danish in the initial parts smiley27. Also kind of understandable why he is rfalling for the girl. I knew Komal was a great actress and so I enjoyed her scenes. She is far better than the overrated Durre. I too felt it was fast-paced.

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hamza Sohail

Originally posted by: mala06

Honestly I too didn't think it would be that good. But, surprisingly I liked it. Danish has a reason why he is like that. I liked the soft-spoken Danish in the initial parts smiley27. Also kind of understandable why he is rfalling for the girl. I knew Komal was a great actress and so I enjoyed her scenes. She is far better than the overrated Durre. I too felt it was fast-paced.

It will be fast paced in the next 2 months even Sirf Tum did the same

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Danish Taimoor

Mere Shabraiz-Meher smiley27

heartfilia thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

No problemo smiley31

English subs are already available btw i just checked smiley9

I will watch it now then smiley20
Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Danish Taimoor

Originally posted by: mala06

Yeah given that it was written by Rehana and how the promos were edited I had no idea it would be so good. The cinematography, direction, casting, ost…everyone was surprisingly on point.

I had a feeling Hum was misleading us but itna karenge I had no idea smiley36 Specifically when Shabraiz discloses his story my jaw dropped smiley36

What I like is how “normal” everything was. Every character’s behaviour was not OTT and the reactions were “real”. And no tackyness whatsoever.

Komal is so good, I am glad they got such a good actress opposite Danish smiley27 Minal was the last one who held her own. Hiba had disappointed me but I guess she is much better now. DurE…kya hi bolu smiley36

heartfilia thumbnail

I finished the first episode.

There were parts I liked and parts I didn't like.

The story begins with Shabrez as he talks about his inner world, discussing how he's a desperate soul with s**dal thoughts on his mind. They give the audience a reason to watch by showcasing that this main character is interesting and has a story to tell, which I really loved.
Danish Taimoor's acting is pretty good as always. He even seems to use his tone of voice in a different tone for the character. We could say that Shabrez is a whole different role from his other characters.

There are lots of foreshadowing to death smiley39like..again? smiley36 Anyway, I'm just gonna put this over here lol

OST is good! I've been still listening smiley20

I understand that this is the pilot episode, but the pacing felt unnecessarily fast. He opened up to the female lead about his drug problem very early and unusually. Their first meeting was bad smiley24 While I liked the scene on paper, I found the execution to be poor. After that they even started dating, and we didn't get to see how the relationship developed. I didn't like it.

I don't get the timelines. How old are they exactly, and how did he manage to get into university?

Komal Meer's acting tends to involve a bit of overacting, but I'll say Meher is a stereotypical female lead for now, so it's somewhat expected.

Overall, this story seems to revolve around passion and angst. Meher has become Shabrez's new way of holding onto his life. Essentially, he didn't give up on drugs; he just found a new one. smiley8

Tiara-p thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Watched the epi yesterday.And i loved the direction and execution of the episode and the places as well.I loved the 1st 20 mins of the show.A broken man on the verge of committing suicide but gets saved at the last moment.Liked the 1st interaction btwn Shabrez and Meher.Quite unusual and likeable.And i was not expecting drugs and rehab to be a topic in the show,but it came as a pleasant surprise.I hope there are flashbacks of how he dealt with it,would pretty much appreciate that.The scene where he opens himself up infront of Meher,i wont say that was rushed bcs that guy was lonely and needed a friend,so him expressing it out to another person who cared enough to stop him from commiting suicide is pretty much understandable to me.But the scenes after that were pretty much rushed,i do see Kabir singh 2.0 with Sharbez getting mad and hitting the harasser and later on with the doctor!I felt it was too rushed.It wont have taken much if their story was atleast given minimum 5 epis to show how they fell for each other,i always have this complain with PTV dramas bcs they hardly bother to show the gradual falling in love,its like everything has to happen within 1st epi itself.I would have liked if they were shown to be friends who started liking each atleast for 3 epis!So the 1st epi of Rah e Junoon started with me being impressed for the 20 mins then being disappointed with the bullet speed rushing!Wont talk about the chemistry or Komal's acting yet,i will take my time to make a comment on that.So far i found Komal to be okish.I liked the last scene in the hospital,Danish was just too intense with his eyes in that scene that i almost fell for him but then remembered Ayeza darlingsmiley2smiley36.

heartfilia thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tiara-p

The scene where he opens himself up infront of Meher,i wont say that was rushed bcs that guy was lonely and needed a friend,so him expressing it out to another person who cared enough to stop him from commiting suicide is pretty much understandable to me.But the scenes after that were pretty much rushed,i do see Kabir singh 2.0 with Sharbez getting mad and hitting the harasser and later on with the doctor!I felt it was too rushed.It wont have taken much if their story was atleast given minimum 5 epis to show how they fell for each other,i always have this complain with PTV dramas bcs they hardly bother to show the gradual falling in love,its like everything has to happen within 1st epi itself.I would have liked if they were shown to be friends who started liking each atleast for 3 epis!

I actually like the idea of him opening up his feelings to Meher, but it's unfolded rapidly. As you mentioned, if they had dedicated at least 3-4 episodes to develop the storyline between the leads, it would have added more depth and made it more enjoyable to watch.

such as friends to lovers in 3 episodes would be cute tho smiley31 then it will be toxic we all know it smiley16

Edited by heartfilia - 11 months ago