Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hiba Bukhari

Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: blahblah131

Gentlemen isn't a flop people. It's getting thrice as much views as other shows airing on green entertainment. Different people have different tastes, it's fine to not like it but that doesn't mean everyone else is also disliking it.

Ab please personal attack mat keh dena 🙈 but why talk about trp and views of a show repeatedly that you do not find interesting.

If it doesn’t even get thrice view what is the point of having A list actors who apparantly have global mass following?

I agree blockbuster doesn't equal good work.

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 3 months ago
Arreyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail + 7

Neutral Nomads

Originally posted by: mala06

If it doesn’t even get thrice view what is the point of having A list actors who apparantly have global mass following?

Focus on radd we are getting a hug tomorrow.. I am so excited.smiley41 Ab ek show jisko 7 trp mil rahi or views wise its doing well too. Jab log usko flop keh sakte hai toh fir why not GM is a flop or for the matter of fact pks. I honestly think GM is neither a flop nor a hit it’s somewhere in between but if we talk about the storyline it’s not intriguing. Tho yumna is not my favourite and comes later in the list, I have watched mostly all her shows from critically acclaimed one’s to massy one’s as well. But GM honestly couldn’t watch past episode 4. And many neutral viewers are not liking GM too maybe cos of direction and story. It’s not even about acting. It’s definitely not that great and except for fans other reviews hold validation too.
Edited by DreamOfEndless - 3 months ago
mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hiba Bukhari

Originally posted by: Arreyaar

Let it be the discussion is pointless. Focus on radd we are getting a hug tomorrow.. I am so excited.smiley41 Ab ek show jisko 7 trp mil rahi or views wise its doing well too. Jab log usko flop keh sakte hai toh fir why not GM is a flop in their language or for the matter of fact pks. I honestly think GM is neither a flop nor a hit it’s somewhere in between but if we talk about the storyline it’s not intriguing. Tho yumna is not my favourite and comes later in the list, I have watched mostly all her shows from critically acclaimed one’s to massy one’s as well. But GM honestly couldn’t watch past episode 4. And many neutral viewers are not liking GM too maybe cos of direction and story. It’s not even about acting. It’s definitely not that great and except for fans other reviews hold validation too.

I agree with your point. Yeah Radd is going too goodsmiley27. Its such a fast paced show with good characterisation of leads with intelligent writing and dialouges. Just wary though. I hope its not a dreamsmiley26.

Yeah. PKS was a flop if we consider its trp. GM considering its budget, I don't think its performing well.

Edited by mala06 - 3 months ago
blahblah131 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Fans

Originally posted by: mala06

Here we were just appreciating how good show like ZPKB is getting good trp. Then suddenly out of nowhere someone brough the topic how KA is a flop. So from then on the the topic was diverted. Honesty speaking I don't even care about the shows I don't watch including GM but here there is a trend that whenever some actors are praised some negativity is brought to bring them down.

That's a bad tend. We are essentially spreading negativity and wasting our time. I hope people stop doing that.

Actors get paid a fixed amount for a project and then they move on to the next project. The channels keep making money on most of these project. KA is(was?) getting aired on Zindagi. TB is going to air on some Turkish channel. Our favs get nothing from this extra revenue and neither does the production houses. Channels ka profit he profit hota hai

PS: Yt revenue is more than twice the revenue generated from trps but nothing is shared with the production houses. For commercial hits like TB and IM, it would be ten times more.

I have been watching podcasts of Ahmed Ali butt and he mentioned the revenue thing. I think that's why do many production houses are going for season 2's, it will give them a good position to negotiate yt revenue but becharey actors, they don't even get royalties

Edited by blahblah131 - 3 months ago
Hatimoon thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

That's a bad tend. We are essentially spreading negativity and wasting our time. I hope people stop doing that.

Actors get paid a fixed amount for a project and then they move on to the next project. The channels keep making money on most of these project. KA is(was?) getting aired on Zindagi. TB is going to air on some Turkish channel. Our favs get nothing from this extra revenue and neither does the production houses. Channels ka profit he profit hota hai

PS: Yt revenue is more than twice the revenue generated from trps but nothing is shared with the production houses. For commercial hits like TB and IM, it would be ten times more.

I have been watching podcasts of Ahmed Ali butt and he mentioned the revenue thing. I think that's why do many production houses are going for season 2's, it will give them a good position to negotiate yt revenue but becharey actors, they don't even get royalties

But people start calling a drama hit or flop on the basis of TRP only. TRP matters, but it's not the only thing that matters; Youtube views and how much that show helped increase subscriber count also matter a lot. For example, Fairy Tale was the biggest hit on HumTv of their financial year 2023 (as per Hum), but its average TRP as per PDP was just 5.

Edited by Hatimoon - 3 months ago

but why talk about trp and views of a show repeatedly that you do not find interesting.

Thanks to GM this trp thread is active after 2 years smiley20

Edited by Virgo27 - 3 months ago

For those who don't understand how TRP works in PTV:

Geo & ARY calculate TRPs for ABCDE sectors considering an age group of Fm 15 to 45. This is the standard method of calculation.

Hum TV considers sectors ABC & sometimes D as well for an age group of Fm 15 to 35.

Green is calculating GM's TRP for B sector only for an age group of Fm 25 to 45.

Edited by Haalim - 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Virgo27

Thanks to GM this trp thread is active after 2 years smiley20

Your Green TRP will keep the momentum going smiley31

When a new channel is launched they will promote their channel to their best level.

When green was going to start its dramas there was so much promotion. In my area all malls were filled with Green channel promotions. On SM adds used to come for its promotions. Even all big youtubers promoted their dramas to the fullest.

Hassan and Amna used to have spaces on Twitter for drama promotions and actors, producers participated in those spaces. Kabli pulo ,22 Qadam, Jindo was promoted in all big malls in major big cities .

Hamyuan saeed is a big name in Pak Industry. When he is launching his drama on new channel obviously he will promote it. What's the problem in it. What channel and Producers are getting from this show only they know.

People are so quick to Judge a show based on views and trp. And comparing new channel with Hum, Ary and geo which are more older channels.

Edited by Virgo27 - 3 months ago