Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: nightingale1234

Wasn't bilal the main lead of pks?smiley22

I have seen the show thrice, n he had full fledged screen space. Infact, the whole focus was Abdullah n mahajbeen. So, I don't understand what was "out of focus" in pks!

Yeah from start of story till end Abdullah got enough screen presence. His scenes with Other actress were more in last episodes than Mehjabeen.

Bilal got sidelined is a false theory which some fans spread because Yumna got all limelight and praise for her role. Mehjabeen character was massive popular at that time.

Originally posted by: SwatiSingh79

Yasra would be professor's wife? Loved her monologue in court, amazing performance.

My mutuals loved him too, that's how I started watching PTV after ZGH in childhood

After Dunk, I watched Tere Bin

Yes professor's wife. She was so natural in the show.

Bilal has a fan following from India from Qurban days. That show was extremely popular here. Heer's character was extremely hated smiley36

WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Wahaj Ali

Originally posted by: Haalim

Yes professor's wife. She was so natural in the show.

Bilal has a fan following from India from Qurban days. That show was extremely popular here. Heer's character was extremely hated smiley36

I have not seen it, is that the drama where she makes fun of him because he had cookies in his bag? Which drama was that?

Edited by SwatiSingh79 - 3 months ago

Can you explain this? Two channels had broadcasting rights for one drama, How would that work?

I don't have much information about that. Back then I was a little active on Twitter. People there used to say that it airs on PTV as well.

I have not seen it, is that the drama where she makes fun of him for because he had cookies in his bag? Which drama was that?

Yes that one. It was a depressing story. They showed this controversial thing of nikah over nikah. Bilal's character gets killed towards the end.

PKS used to air on two channels simultaneously. That explains the low ratings on Hum. It got immense praises for Bilal. His performance was praised from the word go. It's not easy to play such character without overdoing it.

His co star was criticized initially for overacting before she got a grip on the character. She did well after that.

Show hit or flop, one thing you would see that bilal aced his role even if he got less screen time.

KA didn't do well yt views wise because the leads had absolutely no screenspace. Imagine having 3 beautiful people in a love triangle but not utilising it at all, only that writer can do such a disservice to them.Otherwise on X there were proper fandoms for both the couples and that dildara sequence just blew up during the last episode.

Same I couldn't watch pks due to some actor not being able to interpret her character well and overacting in many parts.

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I don't have much information about that. Back then I was a little active on Twitter. People there used to say that it airs on PTV as well.

DNUTN aired on PTV along with TVOne. Dunno about PKS.

Originally posted by: Rashi23

Show hit or flop, one thing you would see that bilal aced his role even if he got less screen time.

KA didn't do well yt views wise because the leads had absolutely no screenspace. Imagine having 3 beautiful people in a love triangle but not utilising it at all, only that writer can do such a disservice to them.Otherwise on X there were proper fandoms for both the couples and that dildara sequence just blew up during the last episode.

Same I couldn't watch pks due to some actor not being able to interpret her character well and overacting in many parts.

If you want to know how an actor performed in a show check what neutral audience has to say about the performance not the fans.

There was very less of Bilal in PKS initially. There was a lot of criticism over that. I guess even Amna pointed it out.

Bilal had very less screen time in KA still he got a lot of appreciation for the role. Critics were in awe how natural his performance was. I hardly care for ships and love stories so I enjoyed his scenes a lot.

He looked like a full movie star in dildara.

Bilal's co star in PKS was heavily criticized initially by the critics. Some people thought she was imitating somebody & the others thought she's not understanding the character. However she got a grip on the character later on & performed very well.

Edited by Haalim - 3 months ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Critical Connoisseurs

Hahahaha look at me the pure soul defending trps of PKS smiley17smiley31smiley36 never cared about trps before it became such a THINGsmiley39

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153119988

mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hiba Bukhari

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

Hahahaha look at me the pure soul defending trps of PKS smiley17smiley31smiley36 never cared about trps before it became such a THINGsmiley39

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153119988

Thank you for posting these smiley36. It actually cemented my point and it actually proves that PKS indeed had very low ratings. If people are considering KA flop with ratings crossing 10. Then surely PKS is flop with max rating only 5.

Also, awards doesn't prove anything. They get awarded for the acting not for the show itself.