Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Wahaj Ali

Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Virgo27

A good actor shines even when her/his role is short or sidelined.

True

That's why Bilal got award for PKS as you shared but drama needed him to be in the center to be hit, his projects do well when he gets a good character like IM was a blockbuster

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Haalim

Dunk got into controversies & got stretched a lot. Haider's character was the mazloom bechara one crying all the time smiley36. He got some action in the last episodes only.

Dunk had good TRPs in the start but they started to decline afterwards and really went downhill later. Both the controversy and the dragging probably contributed to it.

1265365 thumbnail

Wasn't bilal the main lead of pks?smiley22

I have seen the show thrice, n he had full fledged screen space. Infact, the whole focus was Abdullah n mahajbeen. So, I don't understand what was "out of focus" in pks!

WhimsicalMind thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Do we know the body which calculates TRP for PTV like BARC does for ITV?

Originally posted by: SwatiSingh79

I know people didn't like fake r@pe case plot, there were people writing against it, my memory is a bit hazy.

But drama and Bilal would trend after episode, real trend not "For You" trend.

https://x.com/HelloKitty_09_/status/1357025794019753986

https://x.com/poeticallymessy/status/1357069466803163136

Bilal has a cult fan following on Twitter. Most of them are inactive these days. Him trending on Twitter used to be a norm.

Dunk was very popular online.

Even for that slow execution, Bilal & Yasra were the only ones who got unanimously praised.

1265365 thumbnail

I think there's no standard trp calculating agency set up by their ministry like Barc.

Barc is approved by broadcasting ministry of India,n they have put up every information about their calculation in their website. But, there's no clarity on how it works in ptv.

Originally posted by: Rashi23

Ya Priya(spnfan) had told us that he was having a successful streak with back to back hit like cheekh bala and then pks happened, which broke his hat trick hit chance. It was his first flop rating wise, though he did a fab job in it, but yeah I haven't watched that showsmiley36Just some clips here and there.

PKS used to air on two channels simultaneously. That explains the low ratings on Hum. It got immense praises for Bilal. His performance was praised from the word go. It's not easy to play such character without overdoing it.

His co star was criticized initially for overacting before she got a grip on the character. She did well after that.

WhimsicalMind thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Bilal has a cult fan following on Twitter. Most of them are inactive these days. Him trending on Twitter used to be a norm.

Dunk was very popular online.

Even for that slow execution, Bilal & Yasra were the only ones who got unanimously praised.

Yasra would be professor's wife? Loved her monologue in court, amazing performance.

My mutuals loved him too, that's how I started watching PTV after ZGH in childhood

After Dunk, I watched Tere Bin

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Dunk had good TRPs in the start but they started to decline afterwards and really went downhill later. Both the controversy and the dragging probably contributed to it.

Yes I remember. It opened really very well. People were excited for Sana & Bilal's pairing smiley36

WhimsicalMind thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

PKS used to air on two channels simultaneously. That explains the low ratings on Hum.

Can you explain this? Two channels had broadcasting rights for one drama, How would that work?