Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hiba Bukhari

Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

hate the trend culture. I saw it once for JEJ when it ended..some nonsense like see you soon Hameza, Shehnoor ki shaadi and all was trending and I was facepalming at those silly tweets. I thought JEJ fandom was too classy for that stuff smiley36 but thankfully it only happened once so phewsmiley39 trends mean little to me personally because I like to discuss the show ..not spam about it ..but to each its own smiley1 also I’m forever confused about trps and views. I remember when JEJ wasn’t getting views but trps then questions were raised why the views are low. I said it’s because it was a slow burn romance. Now when some shows get views, questions are raised about trps and not views. smiley5 At this rate I think JEJ will turn out to be a cult hit because it had trps in double digits for many episodes in its run, stable views which are growing after its run is over as well, and extreme positive appreciation ..even now I see new viewers and I feel like I can experience the feeling of JEJ again through their tweets. At the end quality won smiley41

These trends are so easy to generate. Even I have participate in one of the trends. You just need certain amount of people ( I think 20 will enough), and then you just need to change location where you want trend and then just continuously post something with the hastag which you want to trend. Its a hassle though. I do like certain actors but I am not going to do overwork for them. You need for them to be crazy emough to do it and honestly I am not. I won't do it for any pak actor or actrss. Even for Hiba and Radd which I am loving right now.

I think TRPS are more important for channel than views. Because they give you more sponsers. Also, the money generated by views on YouTube depend on the location where you are watching for example people who watch the videos from devloped country will generate more money than if the same video is seen from devloping country. It all depends on a country purchasing power. Also, I don't think the money generated by Youtube only will be sufficient.

JEJ definitely is a cult. Just wait a year later, and see even though Shiddhat generated more views when it was on air in the long run I can clearly see JEJ overshadowing it. Usually shows that are critically acclaimed takes time to garner views but they will continuously gain itJust like Parizaad. I remember initial episodes rarely used to get 1M views a day. Now look at its views.

Hatimoon thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Looking at HumTv's 2023 revenue, I can say that a prime-time drama makes on average PKR 5–10 crores from television, and on YouTube, a drama with 250 million views earns the same amount of money with a CPM of $1–$1.5. And a drama with 125 million views on YouTube earns PKR 3–5 crores. So both TV and YouTube views are important for these studios.

Edited by Hatimoon - 3 months ago

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Surprisingly ‘ critically acclaimed’ shows like Kuch Ankahi couldn’t even manage those . Can u believe Neelam-Imran Abbas’s Ehraam e Junoon used to get higher trps than a Sajal- Bilal show ? smiley36

Kuch ankhai was a flop drama in terms of trp, views and engagement. Its views very low even within 24 hours it used to get 1 million even it was on Ary. Even its story was not catchy. Its was preachy.

IM is the first show of Bilal which got highest views and trp. His all dramas were not massive trp ,views , puller but He was shined always in all his dramas. All shows got appreciation and popularity. He was a successful critically claimed actor just like Yumna.

From past few years trp views has become a yard stick for success of any show before that it was not the case.

Edited by Virgo27 - 3 months ago
643898 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Virgo27

From past few years trp views has become a yard stick for success of any show before that it was not the case.

yes now everybody is caring about trps. Personally I dont care . For me, DNUTN will always be > TB.

yes now everybody is caring about trps. Personally I dont care . For me, DNUTN will always be > TB.

Yes DNUTN will be superior smiley27

1265365 thumbnail

Story wise Dnutn was superior and also the whole cast acted so well. And that show wasn't accepted by the channels mainly because of its dark content involving prostitution. Such shows won't even work in ITV forget about PTVsmiley36

TB had a very bad storyline.None claimed TB to be some classic, even today it is loved because of the romance and chemistry.

1265365 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Virgo27

Yes DNUTN will be superior smiley27

Hasn't the channel where it aired already shut down? If a show with this content, airing on a channel that most people haven't even heard of, and yumhaj weren't bigstars back then, yet it is termed a flop, what then do we call those supposedly "critically acclaimed " shows that air in prime time slots on major channels and are backed by superstar leads n yet didn't get ratings, views or even hype or "word of mouth" or whatever it is?

643898 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nightingale1234

Hasn't the channel where it aired already shut down? If a show with this content, airing on a channel that most people haven't even heard of, and yumhaj weren't bigstars back then, yet it is termed a flop, what then do we call those supposedly "critically acclaimed " shows that air in prime time slots on major channels and are backed by superstar leads n yet didn't get ratings, views or even hype or "word of mouth" or whatever it is?

Also hats off to Yumna for daring to play a prostitute onscreen in a very conservative industry . Not many A list actresses would have the guts.

I don't want to get into 'this vs that' debate again but I want to clear some misinformation posted here. O Rangreza, Bala & Cheekh were the blockbusters of their time. Dobara also got good numbers although it lost some audience towards the end after Ramadan.

Qurbaan was extremely popular in India, its first episode has 73M views.

Yeah in terms of popularity IM won over them all but calling IM Bilal's only blockbuster show is just a misinformation spread here.

Edited by Haalim - 3 months ago