Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

He cut two days of salary? She was only missing for half day. What about all those extra hours she put in?

Aurora2024 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: a day ago

Chapter - 10

It is almost the end of the year and today there is a board meeting with the investors and other stakeholders besides the CEO and the executive team.

Board Room

Mr. Shekhawat, we understand that Aryansh Shekhawat is your son and you want him to take over the role of the CEO but not all the board members agree with that. A company needs a CEO like you, who can handle things and maintain the position in the market as efficiently as you did. We don't see Mr. Aryansh got any spectacular results this year under his leadership.

I agree, Mr. Mathur, that we have to consider expertise and intelligence over the blood relations for the new head of this company . Do you have anyone whom you want to vouch for the CEO position and, as you said, no family member but an outsider, please.

Because, Aryansh Shekhawat has bought only 8.5 % profit this year when the average profit percentage in the market is 6% and no other company in our sector crossed the 7% line, so, we need someone who can outweigh him, Ajay Shekhawat counters.

Mr. Mathur, I don't know who "all" board members agree with you but as per my years of experience, Aryansh Shekhawat is the best candidate for the next CEO of the group, another board member supports the Shekhawat's.

Yes, yes, we agree the same, voices echo in the room.

Mr. Mathur understood that 90% of stakeholders are against his proposition so he shut down the self opinions.

After the Meeting

Piya's POV

Simran and I had been asked to ensure that the meeting room is all set along with the hand-outs. We checked everything and left the board room. The meeting had run for three hours giving us some peace and calm in the absence of our beast boss.

What I heard from Simran is that Mr. Beast is next in line for the CEO position but some board members are not in favor of his style of working. I agree with those members because he is a miser, who ate my two days salary due to one simple lie. Don't know how much money of those members he ate, huh.

Note those points in your diary, Piya

Sure, but I can't find my diary. Do you see it near your desk, Simran?

No, Piya. Have you bought it from the board room ?

Let me go & check. Anyhow the meeting is over so I can check for my diary.

I go to the meeting room assuming it to be empty but unfortunately Mr. Beast is also there. His tone on the call is surprisingly soft and I wonder who's the person on the other side.

Bye, Maa

Ohh, his mother. That makes sense in the change of his tone. Imagine him talking in a cold voice and glaring eyes with his mother then surely he will be welcomed either with her flip-flops or rolling pin, hehehe.

Miss. Sharma

Huhh, I brought back from my dream when someone shouts my name and that someone is none other than Mr. Beast

Miss, Sharma, what are you doing here ? From when you are standing here? Are you eavesdropping on my conversation ?

Yes, Sir

What ?

No, No Sir, I came here to collect my diary as I forgot it in the morning.

You are impossible, Miss. Sharma. How can you forget such small things

Sorry Sir...

As if I intentionally left my diary to spy on him. What does he think of himself that I'm dying to see his face? Meanie!!!

Whatever

He starts leaving the room because he can't stand my magnificent and joyful presence but unknowingly I do a blunder.

I also moved at the same time, making both of us fall on the floor near the corner of a big table. When I say fall, I mean literal fall, me on top of him.

Miss. Sharma, his painful yet cold voice resounds in the room

Sorry.. Sir, I didn't do it intentionally.

I don't know why I always get stuck in these types of situations.

Miss. Sharma, get up from me.

Yes Sir, Right away, Sir

I try getting up but again I fall on him due to the slippery floor and this time my lips attack his right cheek making both of us shocked.

His hands are on my hips and mine on his chest while giving a perfect romantic pose from the Shakespeare's classic act. There is no sound in the room except our heavy breathing. I raise my head to get out of this position but again I fall and this time my lips on his nose and his breath carress my chin.

STOP MOVING NOW

Sir .. but

I said stop it and do what I say.

Ok...

First, leave my nose

Didn't realize that I was talking to him without removing my lips from the tip of his nose. His hands move lower from my hips to the legs. He part one leg aside and then the other leg on the same side making me fit in a corner. I feel awkward when his hands touch my legs. Now, we both are facing each other.

Sir

I don't know what to say except that and also does not have the dare to see his eyes considering our previous position.

He stands and I thought that he will give me a hand for help but he bends down and collects his mobile before leaving the room. He just left me on the floor, how rude....

Beast.

Aryansh's POV

Things are going well especially after I taught a good lesson to Miss. Sharma in the past few weeks. She learnt her lesson of not to mess with me. She is learning the work and gives less excuses now.

But when she gives the excuses, she bites her lips and looks here and there to escape from my eyesight. I find her acts amusing.

Also, she dances very well. I still remember her performance from the flash mob. Her graceful steps, expressive eyes and sweet smile added charm to her dance.

Argh, why I'm admiring that girl. I am not admiring her but appreciating her talent, that's it.

She never disappoints me with the crazy antics. I remember the scenario of last week when I went to attend a meeting with Mrs. Kaur and saw Miss. Sharma partying with her friends by calling sick at the office.

Instead of accepting her mistake, she adds one more lie and brings herself a readymade girlfriend. The readymade girlfriend was her friend, who actually gave the party to celebrate the engagement. I'm sure her fiance would not dare to call this girl at their wedding.

In the meeting it was clearly visible how Mr. Mathur tried to convince the board that I'm not the right candidate for the next CEO position. I promise Mr. Mathur that you will face the repercussions of defying me from my rightful position.

After the meeting, I was talking to Maa as she wanted me to accompany her to the temple in the evening. Dad and I are not much emotionally connected towards God but Maa is an ardent devotee. I can't deny her as she rarely asks me for anything.

I cut the call and turned to see Miss. Sharma standing at the door. This girl has a very bad habit of eavesdropping and being present where she's not needed.

Miss. Sharma

MISS. SHARMA

She has the attention span of a child and her mind is always on vacation mode.

Huhh

Miss. Sharma, what are you doing here? From when you are standing here? Are you eavesdropping on my conversations?

Yes, Sir

What?

This girl doesn't have any manners.

No, No Sir, I came here to collect my diary as I forgot it in the morning.

You are impossible, Miss. Sharma. How can you forget such a small thing?

Sorry Sir

Whatever

I have no interest in her apology so decides to leave the room but unfortunately both of us collide and she falls on me.

Miss. Sharma

Sorry.. Sir, I didn't do it intentionally

First this girl needs to get up from me before chanting her sorry mantra

Miss. Sharma get up from me

Yes Sir, Right away, Sir, she tries to get up but falls again and this time she freezes me.

I go in a deep shock for a minute when her lips touch my cheek. It feels like a feather touches my face which should not actually matter but my heart starts beating faster and the intense emotion which I'm feeling these days is coming back.

Her hands lay on my shoulders whereas mine on her hips. Why am I getting the feeling to wrap her waist in my hands and pull her closer. Her addictive smell is messing with my self control. Don't know what she used to have such a nice smell.

She tries to get up again but this time falls and sticks her lips to my nose. Now, this is getting out of control. Before I do regrettable things, I loudly says

STOP MOVING NOW

Sir .. but

I said stop it and do what I say.

Ok...

First, leave my nose

I move my hand from her hips to the leg while controlling myself so that I don't wrap her legs around my waist and do something wrong especially when her breaths are getting heavier. I bring her legs to one side and see her hazy eyes.

Sir

Before she can say anything, I take my mobile and leave the room. I need to be away from Miss. Sharma to have my own peace and self control.

Chapter- 11

Piya's POV

A few more days passed and I rarely met the boss because his meetings were either outside or he worked from home and his only point of contact was Simran.

Tomorrow is the new year so I'm off today and tomorrow. The new year gives me immense happiness. I'll be excited for the new beginnings and happy to have my family safe and healthy throughout the year.

Tonight I had plans to go out with my friends minus Khushboo & Misha. I'm grateful for that otherwise I don't know how I would have faced them after declaring an imaginary relationship and heartbreak between Khushboo and I

Me and my other 3 friends , Shruti, Rati and Rati's boyfriend, Manish, came to a newly opened club in the city which has an amazing view for the photos. We occupied the sofa near the pool side so that we can be as crazy as we want.

Man... mast... magan... (My... crazy... heart)

Yeah, the songs here are amazing. They are making all of us go gaga over them. I can't wait to occupy the dance floor. It feels amazing to have no office work, no glaring boss and only friends.

Piya, what are you thinking ?

Nothing, just seeing surroundings.

I must say, you are looking hot in this red dress. Red looks wow on you

I am wearing a red dress that reaches till my thighs and pairs it with the transparent block heels.

Aww, thank you, Rati, so do you. Blue looks fantastic on you. Let me go and get a drink.

Sure Piya

My glass is empty so I go to grab a mocktail as I'm not in the mood to have the cocktail.

Ohh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you.

As usual me and my habit of colliding with the people is unbreakable but luckily this time, I didn't have anything in my hand, hehe.

NOT AGAIN

I heard this voice before so I raise my head and see my Boss staring oops glaring at me.

Immediately I move back and notice him in casual clothes. This is the first time, I'm seeing him without the formals and I may say that he looks nice and handsome. Didn't realize that he also checked me out in my different avatar.

Sorry Sir.

Piya, you are here? How are you?

Hi Atharv, I'm good. Just came out with my friends. How about you?

Same here, Bhai (brother) and I came along with our friend. Bhai, I told you that she is Piya but you didn't believe me.

What Atharv?, I'm confused with his answer.

Piya, we are sitting on the top floor. From there I saw you and told Bhai that you are also here but he didn't believe me so I brought him down.

Okay, so it's not my mistake for the collision, I mumble.

I need a filter on my mouth because I get the hard glare from Mr. Beast on my audible self-talk.

You are so funny, Piya.

Thanks Atharv.

I feel my Boss's angry eyes on me for chit-chatting with his brother and that's my cue to leave.

Byee

Before Atharv can reply, I go back to my friends, forgetting my drink.

Piya, where's your mocktail?, Shruti asks on seeing me empty handed.

Not interested now.

Why, what happened? Are you okay?

Manish, Rati's boyfriend and our college friend asks.

Nothing, just thought of dancing because right now songs are amazing.

Yesssss, excited Shruti jumps from her seat. She is the most excited and amazing dancer of our group. I tagged her to the floor followed by the couple.

Baby, calm down, calm down
Girl, this your body e put my heart for lockdown
For lockdown, oh, lockdown
Girl, you sweet like Fanta, Fanta
If I tell you say I love you no dey form yanga, oh, yanga
No tell me no, no, no, no, whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Baby, come gimme your lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-love
You got me like, "Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa"
Shawty come gimme your lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-love, mm-mm

We start grooving on calm down as DJ is playing remix of bollywood and english songs. We all are laughing and dancing like no one's watching us in the middle of the floor. Seeing our excited selves, others join too.

Tenu kala chashma

Tenu kala chashma

Tenu kala chashma jachda ae

jachda ae gore mukhde te.

When Kala chashma starts playing, we all get crazy and start doing its hook-step and then comes the songs of the year.

Lover...Lover....... Loverrrrrr

Koi Se... Koi Siii....

When koi si.. started, the audience went crazy. Later, Atharv joined us in the dancing. It made me think where's his brother, I mean Mr. Beast.

Where is the Sir?, I ask him in the sign language.

He replies back through the sign language.

I turn and see Mr. Beast standing in a corner with a clear view of Atharv and me. I'm sure he 's standing there to keep an eye on me in case I accidentally harm his brother.

I asked Atharv if his brother could dance and that made him hysterically laugh. That traitor told his brother the same thing through the sign language.

Atharv, NO, seeing my scared face, he laughs more.

I ignore him and start dancing. A few minutes later, I feel someone clutch my hand so I turn to shout but gulp my words because that hand is of my Boss.

You were saying something, Miss. Sharma ?

Nothing, Sir

You want to know if I can dance or not, right?

No.. Not at all...

Before I can complete my sentence he pulls me towards him. We both stand seeing each other and slowly he starts doing salsa with me on despacito song because that's what DJ is playing.

I feel weird whenever his hands roam on my arms and whenever I twirl he's holding me without letting me fall. It would be unfair to say that I didn't enjoy the dance.

Its the time, guys

DJ began the countdown for New Year and stopped the music and also our salsa.

Happy New Year, Sir

Happy New Year, Miss Sharma and don't get any wrong impression. I just dance to remove your misconception.

I know, Sir.

No way, this Beast can have any positive feelings towards me. He is waiting for me to leave the company and give him the peace.

Bhai (Brother)

Yes, Atharv

Shall we go ?

Yeahh

Piya, how are you going ? Do you want us to drop you?, Atharv asks.

No, I can manage. My friends are here. They met my boss and Atharv and had formal introductions.

Okay, Bye

Bye Atharv. Bye Sir

The beast leaves without replying to my wishes.

Don't mind him, Atharv apologizes on his behalf.

Before my friends can have any misconceptions about my dance with Mr. Beast, I told them what kind of taskmaster my boss is. They laugh and pity me.

Aryansh's POV

Atharv and I went to the newly opened pub of my friend. A few days ago, I received a call from my friend, Adeel Junaid Khan, inviting me to join the new year celebrations. Atharv invited himself and tagged along with me.

Adeel (Bhaijaan) Brother, you built such a beautiful place.

Thanks Atharv.

What do you say Aryansh?, Adeel asks me and as a good friend I honestly reply.

Better than your face, A**hole

F**K you

Not Interested

I stand near the balcony to see the ground floor. What is unexpected for me is to see Miss Sharma here. For a second, I didn't believe that she was here due to the heavy crowd but Atharv confirmed as he also saw her and went down to meet her.

NOT AGAIN

Now, I'm sure that this girl never uses her eyes because she collides with me again but luckily there is no drink in her hand this time.

Sorry, Sir.

Atharv joined and started talking with her. I see how happily she is talking with him but a minute ago she is having a painful face as if I was torturing her.

Later, Atharv joins the dance floor and Junaid disappears, and doesn't know where.

Atharv dance with Miss. Sharma and he made a gesture telling me that she thinks I don't know how to dance. To prove her wrong I decided to dance with her.

You were saying something, Miss. Sharma ?

Nothing, Sir

You want to know if I can dance or not, right?

Before she can say no I pull her and wrap my hands around her waist. During the dance her hands are on my shoulders and increase the beats of my heart. It is getting hard for me to keep a stoic face when she is matching every step of mine without any incorrect foot movement.

Whenever she comes close, even for a second, I am getting affected. My hands itch to tighten the hold on her waist and arms but as a gentleman I maintain the distance. Can't make her uncomfortable to prove that I can dance.

Our dance stops when the countdown starts to welcome the new year. Miss. Sharma tries to leave my hand but I didn't pay her any attention and behave as if I don't know that she is standing beside me. When the countdown came to one, we both wished each other. For some reason, I didn't like she declining our offer of dropping her at home.