Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

chapter 7

Hope that anger in her heart is conquered before it gets her into more trouble.

coderlady thumbnail

It may be a little prank to her but she was totally out line doing that. She can't take revenge like this.

coderlady thumbnail

She is certainly being childish with those pranks. Not going to win her any favors in future.

coderlady thumbnail

Too late Pia. The beast is already on to you. You just gave him more reason to bully you.

Aurora2024 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Chapter 8

Piya was going to bed but heard the message notification sound on her phone. She checks the phone and reads the message.

Miss. Sharma, you have to be at the office tomorrow at 6:00 AM for a meeting - Aryansh Shekhawat

What the heck? What does he think of himself?

She thought of calling him and asked him how he could schedule a meeting on the Saturday morning to be at 6:00 AM. Who woke up at that time? Currently. it is 11:00 pm and the office is 30 to 40 minutes away from her house. It is not possible for her to reach the office so early.

But he's the boss and she needs to abide by the working hours as it was already mentioned in the appointment letter that meetings can happen at the odd hours. She cries on her poor fate and sets the alarm to wake up early.

Piya wakes up around 4:30 AM and gets fresh by 5:10 AM. She takes the own car instead of booking the cab and going alone. She already dropped her parents a message that she has some work in the office.

Piya reaches the office by 5:55 AM and goes to the 39th floor but she doesn't see anyone. She thinks that people are running late and grabs the coffee from the pantry while staring at the door to see if anyone is coming or not.

After some time she tried calling her beast boss but his number is unreachable. An hour and half passed but there is not a single message from him. She tried calling him again and luckily he answered the phone.

Hello

Sir, you said there is a meeting at 6 am today but there is no one here.

Yes, Miss. Sharma. The meeting is postponed to 9 AM and it will happen at the Shekhawat mansion so you have to reach here. Don't make me wait Miss. Sharma.

Before she could say anything he cut the call. She stares at the phone and thinks how could he be so insufferable. He could have told her about the timing change but no that stupid man didn't tell her and made her wait like an idiot. She has been in the office for the past 2 hours like a duffer. She holds her head and dramatically cries for her lack of sleep and ruined Saturday.

Piya drives towards the Shekhawat mansion which is 30 minutes away from the office. She is almost near to the Shekhawat mansion and gets another call from her boss.

Miss. Sharma

Hello Sir. I'm almost near the Shekhawat Mansion. Will be there in 5 minutes

No need to come, Miss. Sharma

What?, hits the brakes.

Meeting has been cancelled Miss. Sharma. You can go back to your home and enjoy the weekend.

Piya doesn't understand what the hell happened to her. This man didn't let her sleep last night and this morning he made her drive around the city for a meeting which is not happening. She is damn angry at him and yells in the car.

How could he be so stupid or is he trying to trouble me? I will kill him.

On the other side, Aryansh smirks while thinking about the Miss. Sharma and her frustrated face. She messed with the wrong person. This is just a trailer to make her understand what will happen when someone tries to cross the path of Aryansh Shekhawat.

The odd working hours continued for Piya for some more days. Aryansh made her stay at the office till late night in the name of meeting, taking notes and making presentations. He troubled her a lot but one considerate thing he did is to ensure that she is safely reaching the home at night as per his company's policy.

Piya is physically and emotionally exhausted by the weekend. She thinks about how the past week went. A few times she didn't get the chance to have lunch especially when Simran is off . She used to grab the protein bars from the vending machine to stop the hungry growls of her stomach.

Aryansh's POV

I'm happy the way things are going especially after seeing the tortured face of Miss. Sharma. A few days back, I got the email from the facilities team that doors were all good and I was struck that day because it was locked from the outside.

I don't need proof to confirm that Miss. Sharma was responsible for that as well. She thought that no one would come to know about her mischievousness then she is completely wrong. Now she is learning what exactly is"trouble" and why people say never mess with your "boss".

One day I came home early and saw Atharv engrossed in the mobile while laughing like a loony. I went and sat beside him.

Hey Bhai (Brother), Atharv noticed me after some time

Hello to you too, Brother. Don't you have assignments and projects to work on? Why are you wasting time on mobile?

Not wasting, Bhai (Brother). I was chatting with Piya on Instagram.

Who?

Piya, Brother, your new intern in your office. We sent reels to each other about... he suddenly stopped making me suspicious.

About? Atharv, don't make me ask the second time.

Brother, nothing serious. It's just funny reels which we both send to each other.

I told him to give me the phone

Bhai, he whined but when he saw my cold stare, he gave me the phone and left to complete the college work.

I scrolled through her profile and saw the pictures which are not that bad. She looks cute and her cheeks look chubby. Arghh, am I stupid to think about that trouble-maker. She is a gone case!

But all my admiration was gone the moment I saw her reels to Atharv. The nerve of this girl to make fun of me with my brother.

Piya's POV

This week we have a flash mob at our office as part of a social event and being an avid fan of dancing I gave my name. We rehearsed on weekends on zoom because we didn't have a common time in the office. The mashup of hindi and english songs was created to gather everyone's interest.

Our flash mob started during lunch time on the ground floor. A couple start doing salsa on the senorita song. In every minute the song changes and consecutively more and more dancers join and I am one among them.

I wore the white dress and took the front place when "nainowale ne song from Padmavat" plays as I know the classical dance. Then the song changes to ghoomar and all the girls make a circle and start twirling.

All the dancers join and start dancing. When the beats get slower then everyone starts dispersing the way they came.

Once the dance is over, we hear the claps and appreciations from everyone which made us happy that our efforts didn't go in vain.

Chapter 9

Piya's POV

My life is filled with work and work these days without any time for myself. I too deserve some peace, happiness and a little bit of a party in my life.

The party reminds me that I have a get together with my girls gang but now I'm stuck in this boring office. Hmm, let me try convincing Simran.

Simran, can I ask you a favor

What happened Piya? Why are you in a sad mood.

When life is sad then how can the mood be in a good mood?

Simran chuckled over my reply. I'm sharing my sob story but she became stone hearted like Mr.Beast.

Can't help you with whatever you are planning.

Please, I beg her

No

Pretty please..., begs her more

Pretty Nooo

Damn, she really became a copy of my rude boss. I pity her husband now.

Why can't you help me? This will be a one time thing. I need a half-day leave. You can tell I felt sick so logged out early.

That's too risky, you can't expect me to lie especially to the boss

This is not risky because the boss will not ask about me. He don't like me. He will be more happy to see me away from his eyesight. Unfortunately, if he asks then tell him that I took a half-day sick leave.

Piya

Please, only this time, I really need to go somewhere

Okay fine, this time only I'm allowing you.

Thank you sooo much, bye

Byee, take care

Simran's POV

Simran

Yes, Simran

WHAT?

I mean sorry A.S, you had any work?

Yes, but not for you. Where is the Miss. Sharma.

What's wrong with him today? He never asked for Piya till now but today when she takes fake sick leave, he is looking for her. Let me try to convince him with my lies.

She is not here, A.S. She left for the day

According to my watch, there is still half a day left before calling off, Simran.

She felt sick so left for her home.

What happened to her? How did she go? Had you provided her a cab?

Woh, didn't expect this side of him for Piya though he is caring towards other employees. But today is the day of wonders so expect the unexpected.

Its girl's problem, so she left.

Okay, let's go to our meeting. It is held at XY Hotel.

Sure, A.S

Aryansh and Simran leave for the meeting unaware that they will be soon meeting their sick employee.

Piya's POV

On a roof-top restaurant, I'm having the day of my life with my girls because one of my friends, Khushboo, got engaged and wanted to introduce her fiance.

Baby let me see it
Jalebi baby
I just wanna eat it
Jalebi baby
Baby let me see it
Jalebi baby
Know I really need it
Jalebi oh
Baby let me see it
Jalebi baby
I just wanna eat it
Jalebi

I am twirling my hips and rotating my hands with full enthusiasm. In my dancing mood, I stumble and hit someone's chest. I turn to apologize to the person whom I hit. At the next moment, I wished, I shouldn't have turned.

Sorryyy

My eyes pop out in shock seeing Mr. Beast whereas Simran is giving me a "you are gone" look.

Simran

Yes, A.S

I can see how sick Miss. Sharma is and what girl's problem she is having.

I feel bad seeing Simran's face because it's not her fault. I told her to lie but now how should I make everything better? Idea!!!!

I am Sick, I reply.

Both of them give me "Oh Really" look

Yes, my heart is sick because my lover cheated on me and that is my girl problem.

I try to be as convincing as I can.

So you are having a party to celebrate that heartbreak, Miss . Sharma?

No Sir, this party is thrown by my friends to offer condolences to my broken heart.

WHAT

Before Mr. Beast can say anything, Simran takes over the reign of this interrogation.

You didn't tell me that you had a boyfriend, Piya,

Simran gives me the betrayed look.

Because I don't

Seeing Simran's face I told the truth, forgetting that Mr. Beast is also in queue so immediately I improvised my previous reply.

"I had a Girlfriend"

What's her name?

This time Mr. Beast takes the opportunity to throw a boulder on me.

After a minute, I realized what blunder I committed and the only way to solve it is now to get a readymade girlfriend. Who can be a better partner than one of your best friends.

Khushboo, see that girl, in a red dress. She was my girlfriend but now she got someone else and replaced me.

I start crying.

Why God? Why? Why it happened to me, I never expected this, my girlfriend found me easily replaceable.

Awwww, Piya, don't cry, you will find another girl for you, Simran sympathy throws another boulder.

What, now it's my time to get shocked.

Yes, I also have few friends, who are girls and I can introduce you to them, this time Beast's chime in with his unwanted generosity.

What, no, no... no.. that's not needed, I just want to be single for some time. self-love, you see.

What are these people doing, I'm straight, I mean I love PRIDE but never had feelings on the same side. My mother is thinking of finding a groom for me and these both are finding a bride for me. Simran gives me a positive smile but Mr. Beast goes a step ahead and moves towards the khushboo for a talk.

Why is he doing? She is my best friend and if she knows that I called her my girlfriend then that girl will kill me. Why did I lie in the first place? Please help me god. This time god is at my side and rain starts pouring. I rushed towards Mr. Beast and stop him.

Let's go sir, it's raining. You will get wet and that will not look nice in the meeting.

He agrees and starts going to the opposite side while asking more questions.

Miss. Sharma

Yes Sir

When was the last time you spoke truth in your life?

I narrow my eyes at the beast. What does he think that I lie always, huhh, I don't lie unless it's an emergency such as saving myself from my mother's scolding, cancelling hangout plans with friends at the last moment, or saving myself from him. So basically I lie a lot.

Miss Sharma

Yes sir

Have you remembered the last time when you spoke truth?

Sir, I do not lie on a regular basis

Special occasions?

What obsession does he have with my lies count? Does he want to maintain a ledger of them?

No Sir, i mean it rarely happens.

I don't know for whom we are waiting in this private area and Simran's face tells that she's not happy with me for hiding my not so real relationship status. I thought that she is a thorough professional but she is one heck of a gossip aunty.

Okay, not a gossip aunty but she is very inquisitive. She looks sad as she already found someone to hook me up. You may never know that just like how my boss is interested in my relationship status and staring khushboo like a creep.

How long? Miss. Sharma

How can I know sir, how long we need to stay here.

I meant how long were you in a relationship with your girlfriend

Girlfriend? I heard a familiar voice

Now who? I turned back to see the owner of the voice and there stood my other best friend, Misha.

Piya, we are childhood best friends and you didn't tell me that you have a girlfriend.

I don't know which side of the bed, I woke up today because everything is going completely opposite.

Yes, that's why

What

I mean that's why I didn't tell you that I have a girlfriend because you are my best friend and you may feel bad that I have a girlfriend who is not you.

Huhh

Now you got the answer so go away from here. Shoo shoo I push her and close the door to see Simran and the beast staring at me with a blank face..

I hope they are not thinking to throw me away from the company considering as if I'm some loose screw.

I go and sit beside the Simran

A.S I just received the message from Mehta Group that they are not joining us and would like to postpone the meeting for the next week, Simran informs.

Any reason?

Boss voice is cold unlike what he's using till now while playing quiz with me.

They didn't specify the reason. Just mentioned that they cannot attend the meeting due to internal conflict.

This time I noticed that my boss has some serious dedication towards the work and when things don't go in his way then it makes him angry, scary and I would say devil.

Lets go

Piya, do you want to meet your girlfriend sorry I mean ex-girlfriend, I see her coming this way.

Why Simran why, why are you punishing me today because her words not only stop me but also the beast. Why don't he go and plan some revenge against the mehta group for wasting his time

No, I don't want to meet her or talk to her. I'm still not over her cheat sp please lets go. I try to be as convincing as I can be but it backfires and brings unwanted bravery in Simran. She goes to talk to khushboo.

Miss. How could you do this with Piya, she really loved you and you cheated on her, shame on you.

What, poor khushboo who never harmed a fly is now bearing the burden of my lies

Excuse me, Miss. who are you and what are you saying to my fiance, this time her fiance joins.

Fiance? you should know what type of girl your fiance is. She broke my friend's heart. You see there..

I try to hide myself behind the flower pot but damn the leaves are not big enough to veil me because I can still hear what they are talking about.

That is my friend Piya Sharma and your fiance's ex-girlfriend. This time it is khushboo who glares at me and her fiance is shocked.

WHAT

Something unexpected happens and this time it is the beast who intervenes and puts the full stop to Simran's speech.

Mrs. Simran, this is office hours so I would expect you to come with me to the office now.

Sorry, A.S.

They both go outside and I rush behind them to escape from khushboo's anger.

We all reached the office and when we came to the floor, I told them everything about my lie. On hearing my apology, the boss gives me I don't care to look and go to his Cabin whereas Simran is looking at me with a crazy look.

A few days later, I realized why my boss gave me that look and didn't say anything because he cut my two days salary, meanie, miser. He has so much money but still he eyes my money.

coderlady thumbnail

chapter 8

Is he kidding? who has a meeting at 6 Am?

coderlady thumbnail

He is just out to harass her now. So unprofessional of him pulling these stunts.

coderlady thumbnail

Making fun of the boss when talking to his brother, thats bound to create more trouble.

coderlady thumbnail

chapter 9

Oh no. Play hookie and get caught at it. No fun. The meeting had to be at the same spot.

coderlady thumbnail

Getting caught in a web lies now. This day is just not turning out well.