Dune Prophecy Trailer: Tabu stuns as Sister Francesca

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: a day ago

HBO’s highly anticipated prequel series, Dune: Prophecy, draws inspiration from Denis Villeneuve’s recent films and the Sisterhood of Dune novel by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson. The newly released trailer has created excitement, especially among Indian audiences due to Tabu’s key role as Sister Francesca. While the earlier teaser offered only a glimpse, the trailer reveals more about her character and the Bene Gesserit sisterhood’s dynamics.

Following two successful films, the Dune universe is expanding into the OTT realm, and Indian fans are eager to see Tabu in action, with Vishal Bhardwaj praising her performance.

Dune: Prophecy, set 10,000 years before the recent Dune films, is based on Sisterhood of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson. It will follow two Harkonnen sisters, Valya and Tula, as they combat threats to humanity and establish the Bene Gesserit. The makers have announced the show’s release date and released an intriguing trailer.

Vishal Bhardwaj (@vishalrbhardwaj) • Instagram photos and videos

The new trailer for Dune: Prophecy primarily highlights Emily Watson as Valya Harkonnen and Olivia Williams as Tula Harkonnen. It is evident that the Sisterhood is disliked, and the 2-minute 49-second trailer hints at the conflict between the Atreides and Harkonnen. Tabu, as Sister Francesca, makes a few brief but impactful appearances throughout the trailer, suggesting her role will contribute to the narrative.

After the trailer release, Vishal Bharadwaj took to Instagram and praised Tabu as she makes her Hollywood debut with the show. Sharing the trailer, he wrote, “Filled with pride and joy for the pound of my heart @tabutiful jiska koi sani nahi.” To which the actress replied, “I love you more than I can say…🩷🩷🩷🩷.”

The excitement for the Dune: Prophecy series in India has reached new heights with the involvement of Tabu. JioCinema has announced that the six-episode season will premiere on November 18, with new episodes releasing, every Monday at 6:30 AM on JioCinema Premium.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MyselfJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Terrific Tabu at work.smiley40

So excited to see her in Dune world.So sweet of Vishal to post about it.smiley27

radix thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Tabu smiley27 and I like Mark Strong. HBO usually delivers banger series, and I heard The Penguin was great. I hope this works for everyone involved.

I have always liked Denis Villeneuve's movies and loved the world he created, but Oscar Isaac was the reason I watched Dune: Part One in cinemas. 😀

Edited by radix - a day ago