Divya Khosla calls out Karan Johar and his gang in a new article!!! - Page 12

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rckRadhe thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 days ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I want to dispute this a little. I don't think those three (Deepika, Anushka, Alia) stood there silently and just passively frowned. One thing we have to keep in mind is that Rani is their senior. She was the most senior actress on that table except for Tabu. And Tabu was virtually silent through the whole discussion and looked rather bored, like she didn't want to contribute. No one else has the veteran status Rani and Tabu had on that table.

Another thing is that Rani is easily the most powerful woman on that table. Head of YRF and also comes from the most prestigious film family from that table. Tabu and Alia are the only other ones with film families and Alia's is not one with that great a reputation. Deepika, Anushka, and Taapsee are all outsiders. And frankly, even Tabu with her senior status and coming from a film family has never been all that powerful in BW.

You do see Deepika, Anushka, and even to some extent Alia push back against Rani. When Rani makes her outrageous statements, you can see the palpable discomfort on these three women and they do try to get Rani to see their side of things and why she doesn't have the full picture. Deepika and Anushka do this the most. Perhaps they are also able to be more outspoken because they are top heroines like Rani was so there's a bit more of equality status here. They've both worked with SRK as much as Rani has and Anushka has had dealings with Rani from YRF. Alia is the youngest of the group, but to her credit, she does tell Rani as politely as possible that what she's saying isn't really accurate.

All three do try to combat Rani's claims but notice that Rani is very loud and aggressive. Anyone someone pushes back, she either ignores them or talks over them. She's virtually speaking in every second of the discussion because she never lets anyone have a chance to breathe without her commenting on it. Had there been more veteran actresses or seniors to Rani, I think she would have been toned down. We've seen that although she's more powerful than Kajol now, if Kajol is around, Rani still ends up toned down and relatively silent.

If anyone is silent it's Taapsee. She did get a lot of flack online for being so outspoken on social media but failing here. But I don't blame her. When this roundtable discussion took place, Taapsee was still very much a non-commercial actress. Alia was the youngest at the table but Taapsee essentially the newest to this industry and the baby of the group. Her being asked to join this group is a reward alone, that these women can all be considered her peers. I don't blame her for not rocking the boat and coming after someone way more powerful and established. Interestingly enough, Taapsee was also on the roundtable of last year where Rani made similar controversial remarks. Kangana calls Taapsee a coward but there's a reason Taapsee has a career now and Kangana doesn't. Sometimes you have to read the room and realize that there are certain things that can be said but only in certain places.

Kajol just being married to Ajay during that fight with YRF got her axed out of all the Yash Chopra tributes. The rivalry between Kajol and Rani probably didn't help. And we saw again the media firestorm that happened when Kajol commented on Ajay's claims against KJo and ADHM and how personally KJo took that. Another thing to keep in mind is that we, the public, only see what these actors say to each other publicly. We have no idea what they're saying privately to each other.

There were some vocal supporters of both Hrithik and Kangana during their fight. Vidya took Kangana's side. Vidya is someone else who doesn't fit into the industry elite.

https://giphy.com/gifs/IPbS5R4fSUl5S

A lot to take in, but one would guess we're back to square one? smiley4

rckRadhe thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8

Savi

https://youtu.be/e1_NScEPKic

https://giphy.com/gifs/baby-story-reading-8dYmJ6Buo3lYY

Was Divya Khosla's movie produced by Mukesh Bhatt?

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: rckRadhe

Was Divya Khosla's movie produced by Mukesh Bhatt?

by Mukesh and T-Series

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I want to dispute this a little. I don't think those three (Deepika, Anushka, Alia) stood there silently and just passively frowned. One thing we have to keep in mind is that Rani is their senior. She was the most senior actress on that table except for Tabu. And Tabu was virtually silent through the whole discussion and looked rather bored, like she didn't want to contribute. No one else has the veteran status Rani and Tabu had on that table.

Another thing is that Rani is easily the most powerful woman on that table. Head of YRF and also comes from the most prestigious film family from that table. Tabu and Alia are the only other ones with film families and Alia's is not one with that great a reputation. Deepika, Anushka, and Taapsee are all outsiders. And frankly, even Tabu with her senior status and coming from a film family has never been all that powerful in BW.

You do see Deepika, Anushka, and even to some extent Alia push back against Rani. When Rani makes her outrageous statements, you can see the palpable discomfort on these three women and they do try to get Rani to see their side of things and why she doesn't have the full picture. Deepika and Anushka do this the most. Perhaps they are also able to be more outspoken because they are top heroines like Rani was so there's a bit more of equality status here. They've both worked with SRK as much as Rani has and Anushka has had dealings with Rani from YRF. Alia is the youngest of the group, but to her credit, she does tell Rani as politely as possible that what she's saying isn't really accurate.

All three do try to combat Rani's claims but notice that Rani is very loud and aggressive. Anyone someone pushes back, she either ignores them or talks over them. She's virtually speaking in every second of the discussion because she never lets anyone have a chance to breathe without her commenting on it. Had there been more veteran actresses or seniors to Rani, I think she would have been toned down. We've seen that although she's more powerful than Kajol now, if Kajol is around, Rani still ends up toned down and relatively silent.

If anyone is silent it's Taapsee. She did get a lot of flack online for being so outspoken on social media but failing here. But I don't blame her. When this roundtable discussion took place, Taapsee was still very much a non-commercial actress. Alia was the youngest at the table but Taapsee essentially the newest to this industry and the baby of the group. Her being asked to join this group is a reward alone, that these women can all be considered her peers. I don't blame her for not rocking the boat and coming after someone way more powerful and established. Interestingly enough, Taapsee was also on the roundtable of last year where Rani made similar controversial remarks. Kangana calls Taapsee a coward but there's a reason Taapsee has a career now and Kangana doesn't. Sometimes you have to read the room and realize that there are certain things that can be said but only in certain places.

Kajol just being married to Ajay during that fight with YRF got her axed out of all the Yash Chopra tributes. The rivalry between Kajol and Rani probably didn't help. And we saw again the media firestorm that happened when Kajol commented on Ajay's claims against KJo and ADHM and how personally KJo took that. Another thing to keep in mind is that we, the public, only see what these actors say to each other publicly. We have no idea what they're saying privately to each other.

There were some vocal supporters of both Hrithik and Kangana during their fight. Vidya took Kangana's side. Vidya is someone else who doesn't fit into the industry elite.

I think we are essentially saying the same thing. No one wanted to rock the boat with Rani, not even the ones who are otherwise outspoken ones who have spoke up with less powerful people. Remember how the whole industry stood up for Sunny Leone when a journalist was rude and disrespectful to her in an interview?

And now, no one wants to take sides here because it’s a Dharma vs T-series scenario. That also includes KJo and Alia themselves. KJo stopped reacting because he doesn’t want to escalate his fight with Bhushan Kumar’s wife publicly and not because he’s being a bigger person or doesn’t want to give Divya her 15 minutes or whatever other excuses are out there.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I think we are essentially saying the same thing. No one wanted to rock the boat with Rani, not even the ones who are otherwise outspoken ones who have spoke up with less powerful people. Remember how the whole industry stood up for Sunny Leone when a journalist was rude and disrespectful to her in an interview?

And now, no one wants to take sides here because it’s a Dharma vs T-series scenario. That also includes KJo and Alia themselves. KJo stopped reacting because he doesn’t want to escalate his fight with Bhushan Kumar’s wife publicly and not because he’s being a bigger person or doesn’t want to give Divya her 15 minutes or whatever other excuses are out there.

More or less, but I only wanted to push back on the idea that these three women were completely silent. I think they pushed back and confronted Rani as much as they could do in their power. And you know I'm not an Alia fan and she's more passive than Deepika and Anushka here, but I'll give her credit that she tried to her extent to influence Rani. Just gave up when she realized she wasn't making any progress. Deepika and Anushka pushed back way more but Rani is very domineering and set in her ways. This is the same woman who made some tone-deaf remark about how she advises women not to focus on smashing the patriarchy.

So I only wanted to say that I agree with you but on that one account, I felt a bit more credit was due to those women.

But yes, I agree with you overall. Including that KJo not reacting anymore is more to do with not wanting the situation to get even more out of hand for his own protection, rather than because he's being the bigger person (he's never been the bigger person in any situation). I've said as well that nobody will publicly take sides here, even though I'm sure most of the industry recognizes what KJo and Alia have done and are silently rooting for them to be exposed. But nobody will take sides here and that includes nobody publicly supporting KJo. They know he's met a bigger fish and while sympathies may not be with T-Series, they definitely aren't with Dharma.

RedAmaranth thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

"Perhaps head of T series is thinking jinke khud ke ghar sheesho ke ho wo dusro pe pathhar nahi phenka karte"

Matlab Animal ke bookings aur initial collections fake the till it could fool the FOMO audience.

rckRadhe thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

by Mukesh and T-Series

Mukesh Bhatt & T-Series vs. Alia Bhatt & Dharma smiley32

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Well am just going by the excerpt but did the Khosla woman really say Jigra was a copy? I mean I have no fuking idea about Jigra but Savi was a frame to frame copy of a french movie. On top of it, the movie was a shit show and she was unbelievably bad in it. If she had any shame, she would not use "Savi" to compare with any other movie smiley36

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Novarieaa

Well am just going by the excerpt but did the Khosla woman really say Jigra was a copy? I mean I have no fuking idea about Jigra but Savi was a frame to frame copy of a french movie. On top of it, the movie was a shit show and she was unbelievably bad in it. If she had any shame, she would not use "Savi" to compare with any other movie smiley36

Savi is an official remake of a French movie Anything for her. It’s right there in the credits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savi_(film)#:~:text=It%20is%20a%20remake%20of,released%20on%2031%20May%202024.