Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 days ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

This exactly. No one ever takes side ( gave an example of previous controversies too ) or speak up. but here we are...

I’m only doing this to give examples and not because I want to start or rehash past controversies.

When Salman was found guilty in the hit and run case and was sentenced to jail the entire industry rallied around him with tweets and messages. When Salman made that egregiously insensitive comment about rape victims the whole industry kept quiet and didn’t say boo (except his SIL from HAKHK) because no one wanted to get on his bad side.

When Sajid Khan and Alok Nath were accused of sexual harassment and rape they lost their jobs and industry rejoiced that Me Too was being taken seriously. When Raju Hirani was accused of rape the industry shut up with some even defending him, including miss Sonam I’m outspoken Kapoor who tweeted “but what if he didn’t do it.”

When India’s Daughter documentary came out everyone tweeted against the defense lawyers and their blatant misogynistic statements. When Rani Mukerjee said women should defend themselves against harassment during a round table Alia, Anushka, and Deepika (the three outspoken ones about women’s issues) just sat there and frowned.

While initially everyone stayed out of the Kangana and Hrithik controversy eventually everyone did start taking Hrithik’s side. Farhan Akhtar going as far as invoking his work with MARD and claiming Kangana’s actions were harassment and abuse. Farhan didn’t say anything when Salman had made his rape comments mentioned above. Incidentally neither did Sonam, Alia, Anushka, Deepika, or anyone else.

Bollywood always always picks and chooses what they want to defend and stand up for and what they want to stay out of entirely based on how much it will benefit or hurt them.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Clochette

You can't only prove it by watching both movies and name the scenes, plotpoints etc that are equal. I've watched Savi (also the Russel Crowe film whose remake-rights Alia's uncle bought), but I've yet to watch Jigra to get a verified opinion. Until now I only know about the similarities between Jigra and Gumrah.

So, if Divya r e a l l y watched Jigra in that 'empty' theatre, she would know the scenes that got "copied". A similarity between Savi and Jigra is the switching of gender (in the French and US movies and in Gumrah, the women are in prison and the men organise the jailbreak).

I don’t believe that Divya actually went to any theaters for Jigra. But regardless, trying to argue scene by scene can become tricky because everyone in Bollywood copies. Once the precedent of picking each scene copy is set everyone is in trouble IMO.

Divya does have the copy right argument on her side, but that’s Mukesh Bhatt’s battle and not hers. You do bring up a good point about Gumrah. I wonder why KJo hasn’t used that as his defense since he owns Gumrah.

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Bollywood’s involvement or lack of involvement has everything to do with how much it will affect them and their positions and opportunities in Bollywood. That’s why someone’s power and/or legacy makes a huge difference in how much other people will take sides, hence why no one wants to take sides in Johar vs Kumar drama. This includes the media as well.

Nobody takes sides. Ajay and KJo fought about false KRK allegations. Did anyone say anything and intervene? No. Ajay and YRF fought where he was claiming they have unfair practices and sued them in court. He lost the case. Did anyone take sides? Kangana and Hrithik publicly went after each other with leaked emails and photos and the works. Did anyone care? One Farhan doesn't count.

People are not going to publicly involved themselves in other people's problems. You just sit on the side and eat popcorn.

Edited by hotchoco - 2 days ago
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I agree with all this.

But In this case Divya is saying Alia stole the script for which according to her press release cost 4 crores. She then faked her box office numbers. according Divya,it should be zero LOL. It is like telling a student publicly ..you stole my work, you cheated and not only that you faked your marks too. It is different from students not naming the bully in class out of fear. Cheating will be reported by everyone.Because it affects them directly.

Stealing the script is the bigger crime. An explanation needs to be given.

Edited by you2 - 2 days ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

When Rani Mukerjee said women should defend themselves against harassment during a round table Alia, Anushka, and Deepika (the three outspoken ones about women’s issues) just sat there and frowned.

I want to dispute this a little. I don't think those three (Deepika, Anushka, Alia) stood there silently and just passively frowned. One thing we have to keep in mind is that Rani is their senior. She was the most senior actress on that table except for Tabu. And Tabu was virtually silent through the whole discussion and looked rather bored, like she didn't want to contribute. No one else has the veteran status Rani and Tabu had on that table.

Another thing is that Rani is easily the most powerful woman on that table. Head of YRF and also comes from the most prestigious film family from that table. Tabu and Alia are the only other ones with film families and Alia's is not one with that great a reputation. Deepika, Anushka, and Taapsee are all outsiders. And frankly, even Tabu with her senior status and coming from a film family has never been all that powerful in BW.

You do see Deepika, Anushka, and even to some extent Alia push back against Rani. When Rani makes her outrageous statements, you can see the palpable discomfort on these three women and they do try to get Rani to see their side of things and why she doesn't have the full picture. Deepika and Anushka do this the most. Perhaps they are also able to be more outspoken because they are top heroines like Rani was so there's a bit more of equality status here. They've both worked with SRK as much as Rani has and Anushka has had dealings with Rani from YRF. Alia is the youngest of the group, but to her credit, she does tell Rani as politely as possible that what she's saying isn't really accurate.

All three do try to combat Rani's claims but notice that Rani is very loud and aggressive. Anyone someone pushes back, she either ignores them or talks over them. She's virtually speaking in every second of the discussion because she never lets anyone have a chance to breathe without her commenting on it. Had there been more veteran actresses or seniors to Rani, I think she would have been toned down. We've seen that although she's more powerful than Kajol now, if Kajol is around, Rani still ends up toned down and relatively silent.

If anyone is silent it's Taapsee. She did get a lot of flack online for being so outspoken on social media but failing here. But I don't blame her. When this roundtable discussion took place, Taapsee was still very much a non-commercial actress. Alia was the youngest at the table but Taapsee essentially the newest to this industry and the baby of the group. Her being asked to join this group is a reward alone, that these women can all be considered her peers. I don't blame her for not rocking the boat and coming after someone way more powerful and established. Interestingly enough, Taapsee was also on the roundtable of last year where Rani made similar controversial remarks. Kangana calls Taapsee a coward but there's a reason Taapsee has a career now and Kangana doesn't. Sometimes you have to read the room and realize that there are certain things that can be said but only in certain places.

Originally posted by: hotchoco

Nobody takes sides. Ajay and KJo fought about false KRK allegations. Did anyone say anything and intervene? No. Ajay and YRF fought where he was claiming they have unfair practices and sued them in court. He lost the case. Did anyone take sides? Kangana and Hrithik publicly went after each other with leaked emails and photos and the works. Did anyone care? One Farhan doesn't count.

Kajol just being married to Ajay during that fight with YRF got her axed out of all the Yash Chopra tributes. The rivalry between Kajol and Rani probably didn't help. And we saw again the media firestorm that happened when Kajol commented on Ajay's claims against KJo and ADHM and how personally KJo took that. Another thing to keep in mind is that we, the public, only see what these actors say to each other publicly. We have no idea what they're saying privately to each other.

There were some vocal supporters of both Hrithik and Kangana during their fight. Vidya took Kangana's side. Vidya is someone else who doesn't fit into the industry elite.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Kajol just being married to Ajay during that fight with YRF got her axed out of all the Yash Chopra tributes. The rivalry between Kajol and Rani probably didn't help. And we saw again the media firestorm that happened when Kajol commented on Ajay's claims against KJo and ADHM and how personally KJo took that. Another thing to keep in mind is that we, the public, only see what these actors say to each other publicly. We have no idea what they're saying privately to each other.

There were some vocal supporters of both Hrithik and Kangana during their fight. Vidya took Kangana's side. Vidya is someone else who doesn't fit into the industry elite.

Well, if Kajol is publicly accusing YRF along with her husband, they have every right to do whatever they want with her. No 3rd party gets involved in any of this.

The point is that 99.9% of people are not going to get in between whatever problems one party has with another party. Pointing out some random person who stuck their nose in doesn't change the main point.

Nobody really wants to create new problems or needlessly get into controversies that don't have anything to do with them personally.

Edited by hotchoco - 2 days ago