Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 days ago

Originally posted by: you2

Everybody in Andhra industry is floored. SSR too.

from your favourite smiley36https://x.com/mejat32/status/1846956871896420437?s=46&t=vevCm3I0SGjUvmq-Bjkadg
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: you2

Divya directly named and shamed Alia of fraud and cheating.

When Kangana said " silly ex".. You know what happened. It was a mild personal rebuke. Hrithik should have ignored it.Media made money out of it.

Here Alia and Karan's gang are directly accused of corruption .

And Nothing?

I think it also has a lot to do with Divya being married to the owner of T-series. Karan tried to clap back with that insta story calling her a fool. Divya clapped back with two stories calling him spineless. Then Karan resorted to blinds suggesting Bhushan is mad at her because he lost his chance to own Dharma. Divya clapped back by giving a whole interview and ending it by saying Alia’s own uncle is on her (Divya’s) side in this. And now KJo has been silent.

While I agree that Dharma and KJo are not where they were 3-4 years ago, this one is still a bit more complicated IMO. It’s not that media doesn’t want to defend Karan or Dharma. They just don’t want to choose sides between Dharma and T-series. Karan has a lot of goodwill because of his father. Bhushan also has a lot of goodwill because of his father. From either a professional or personal angle, no one in Bollywood wants to take sides.

Having said all of the above, most people are probably also believing that Alia and KJo did steal the script from Mukesh Bhatt. But this just adds another angle to why no one wants to get involved and choose sides including the media. Mahesh is the controversial one. Mukesh himself probably has some goodwill within the industry as well.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I think it also has a lot to do with Divya being married to the owner of T-series. Karan tried to clap back with that insta story calling her a fool. Divya clapped back with two stories calling him spineless. Then Karan resorted to blinds suggesting Bhushan is mad at her because he lost his chance to own Dharma. Divya clapped back by giving a whole interview and ending it by saying Alia’s own uncle is on her (Divya’s) side in this. And now KJo has been silent.

While I agree that Dharma and KJo are not where they were 3-4 years ago, this one is still a bit more complicated IMO. It’s not that media doesn’t want to defend Karan or Dharma. They just don’t want to choose sides between Dharma and T-series. Karan has a lot of goodwill because of his father. Bhushan also has a lot of goodwill because of his father. From either a professional or personal angle, no one in Bollywood wants to take sides.

Having said all of the above, most people are probably also believing that Alia and KJo did steal the script from Mukesh Bhatt. But this just adds another angle to why no one wants to get involved and choose sides including the media. Mahesh is the controversial one. Mukesh himself probably has some goodwill within the industry as well.

It's not that deep, tbh. BW people never take sides anyway. Why would anyone want to get involved in other people's problems?

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

I don't think so... Not once has she proved (= giving examples) the claim that Jigra 'stole' from Savi. I'm much more inclined to see it as a try to harm Dharma and the outcome of Jigra. Although T-Series has more support from (imo dubious sources), Dharma still has a reputation (although steadily declining since years).

I really wonder why KJo doesn't ask Divya for proof for her allegations... (instead of posting a quote from someone else).

How do you prove something like this though? It’s a known that Mukesh had bought the rights for a remake. Alia had access to the scripts and stories because of her father and uncle. Beyond that how do you prove it? I doubt either side will escalate the issue to a legal fight anyway.

bollymolly thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchoco

It's not that deep, tbh. BW people never take sides anyway. Why would anyone want to get involved in other people's problems?

I agree to this.No one will take anybody's side.Because there are no constant friends and constant enemies in this industry..its an environment that change by the minute.

bollymolly thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

How do you prove something like this though? It’s a known that Mukesh had bought the rights for a remake. Alia had access to the scripts and stories because of her father and uncle. Beyond that how do you prove it? I doubt either side will escalate the issue to a legal fight anyway.

Actually i believe both sides get mutual benefits...Because the movie will be on the news, remember they have even tried to create a controversy to hype up this movie...And this controversy is the one which managed to do it...So right now Karan side will just wait and watch, once they feel that the fire has cool down, he might add some kerosene...smiley36

Edited by bollymolly - 2 days ago
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I agree.But in this case she named Alia,and actually abused her. Has something like this happened before between actors?Accusing someone of fraud? It is damaging for a star and her image. It is not the same as media writing something..which is upto the people to believe it or not. Divya posted an empty theatre.

Laughing it off and trivialising it doesn't help .No one protesting alia's innocence is damaging. No #IstandwithAlia. People have accepted it that it is expected of her. That has been her privilege.But with money drying up in Dharma and Alia managing only 3-4 films outside ..and majority being cameos..It will be a tough road ahead.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

You can't only prove it by watching both movies and name the scenes, plotpoints etc that are equal. I've watched Savi (also the Russel Crowe film whose remake-rights Alia's uncle bought), but I've yet to watch Jigra to get a verified opinion. Until now I only know about the similarities between Jigra and Gumrah.

So, if Divya r e a l l y watched Jigra in that 'empty' theatre, she would know the scenes that got "copied". A similarity between Savi and Jigra is the switching of gender (in the French and US movies and in Gumrah, the women are in prison and the men organise the jailbreak).

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchoco

Bollywood’s involvement or lack of involvement has everything to do with how much it will affect them and their positions and opportunities in Bollywood. That’s why someone’s power and/or legacy makes a huge difference in how much other people will take sides, hence why no one wants to take sides in Johar vs Kumar drama. This includes the media as well.