Vaaste Fame Anuj Saini to Debut in Aayushmati Geeta Matric Pass

Celeb Discussions

cuteluv thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 days ago

Anuj Saini of ‘Vaaste’ Fame Set for Bollywood Debut with Aayushmati Geeta Matric Pass

Vaaste Fame Anuj Saini to Debut in Aayushmati Geeta Matric Pass.jpeg

Meet Anuj Saini, the actor from the hit song 'Vaaste', who is now all set to make his silver screen debut as the lead in the Bollywood film Aayushmati Geeta Matric Pass. This inspiring film, centred around women's empowerment, tells the story of a man who overcomes numerous challenges to educate his wife. The trailer for the film, released on September 28 at the DY Patil Institute in Pune, has received a positive response on social media. From the first frame, Saini impresses in his relatable "boy-next-door" role, playing a supportive partner who stands by the woman he loves throughout her journey.

In an interview, Saini shared, "I did my first song with Prradip Khairwar, and since then, I have sent him my audition clips for feedback. When he decided to make a film, he thought of me and narrated the story to me—that's how I came on board." To prepare for the role, Saini stayed in Banaras, where he learned the UP dialect, observed the local people, and adapted his character's style to fit the story.

Reflecting on his career, Saini said, "When I first moved to Mumbai, I didn't know anyone. It took me six months to figure out where auditions were held. I've given over 3000 auditions—some successful, some not—but it's all been a valuable learning experience."

Saini previously appeared in Rajkumar Santoshi's critically acclaimed Gandhi Godse—Ek Yudh. He has a strong background in theatre, having worked with renowned actors like Pankaj Kapur and Rajat Kapoor. He has also featured in ads for top brands, sharing the screen with stars like Alia Bhatt and Janhvi Kapoor. In addition, Saini has appeared in several chart-topping music videos, including the viral hits 'Vaaste', 'Mere Angne Me', and 'Mainu Das Tu'.

Directed by Pradip Khairwar, Aayushmati Geeta Matric Pass will be released in theatres on October 18.