Frequent Posters

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 days ago

never knew its a remake.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 18 days ago

Yeah... from an 11 year old Marathi movie from a reknowned Marathi writer/filmmaker...serious subject...not political in my memory but quite serious and touching...don't know why he made the ramake now (the director)...it's more an OTT movie now, imo.

Banned

Posted: 16 days ago

[Post Removed]

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Promo is very good. Mahima looks very different. First with her fallout with subhash Bhai, then car accident where it scarred her face. Just imagine the pain she went through and then breast cancer. She is a strong woman. I pray she is happy in her life. She had divorce and more from the marriage. I hope she went and took therapy. It was just so much. Stress and chemo changes a lot to our body and mind. It’s tough.

Edited by Bekind - 16 days ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Mahima talks about how no actress could have a better debut than she did with Pardes. I agree. I think the only female debuts on par with Mahima's were Amisha Patel in Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai and Deepika in Om Shanti Om.

“When you’re doing your first film, you imagine all kinds of things but Pardes I must say, was something that I had never dreamed of because my debut was better than even what a dream would have been. There’s something called luck that plays an important part because it’s not like I was the most talented. There were so many people who were more talented than me.

While luck did play an important factor in landing me my debut film, it’s only fair to say that I also did fit the character well because I’m also someone who belongs from a small town, so it was relatively easy for me to play that role with conviction. What also used to happen a lot back in the day was that a new female actor was often launched alongside a new male actor. But, I got lucky and was launched alongside the biggest superstar of that time, Shah Rukh Khan.”

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/mahima-chaudhry-reflects-on-her-debut-with-shah-rukh-khan-in-pardes-says-it-was-something-that-i-had-never-dreamed/articleshow/113854216.cms

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Bekind

Promo is very good. Mahima looks very different. First with her fallout with subhash Bhai, then car accident where it scarred her face. Just imagine the pain she went through and then breast cancer. She is a strong woman. I pray she is happy in her life. She had divorce and more from the marriage. I hope she went and took therapy. It was just so much. Stress and chemo changes a lot to our body and mind. It’s tough.

Yes, I agree. I think she's such an underrated actress and she went through so much with no support in the industry. She's talked about how different outsiders have it versus nepos and also how after her car accident, the media called her "Scarface." Only Salman and Sanjay Dutt reached out to her.

This also reminds me that there was a morally bankrupt user who created a poll here, quite recently, on which 90s actress has aged the worst. I don't remember if Mahima was included in the poll or not but both Manisha and Sonali were and many even pointed out how insensitive it is to include them when they're both cancer survivors.