Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 months ago

at least for now smiley36

Your message is too short. Please write at least 4 words or 20 characters.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I don't see this film doing well. Bhansali brand is even worse off now than it was post-Saawarya/Guzaarish.

Ranbir being cast could still have worked if this really is a remake of his grandfather's film. In that case, it makes sense to use him. But Vicky really has no starpower and Alia is a PR star with no legitimate fans, which is why her films never work at the box office.

The casting would have been stronger with a different female lead like Deepika or Katrina.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I don't see this film doing well. Bhansali brand is even worse off now than it was post-Saawarya/Guzaarish.

Ranbir being cast could still have worked if this really is a remake of his grandfather's film. In that case, it makes sense to use him. But Vicky really has no starpower and Alia is a PR star with no legitimate fans, which is why her films never work at the box office.

The casting would have been stronger with a different female lead like Deepika or Katrina.

There are so many A list actors and actresses doing work on OTT.There are big stars from television.For the male roles in Heera Mandi,SLB got Shekhar Suman and Fardeen Khan!

His films used to be proudly presented by big production houses.He has no one to back his film.

Fans can just pray.

Banned

[Post Removed]

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: MrChatterjee

Do you think Bhansali would have better luck if he replaced Alia with Shraddha? I think the Shraddha/Ranbir jodi is much more popular since Ranbir's last romantic hit was only because Shraddha boosted its box office power.

If Ranbir had better offers, he would have never taken up this film..or for that matter Ramayan..especially Ramayan.What does one get playing Lord Ram..A character played countless times in so many languages.

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MrChatterjee

Do you think Bhansali would have better luck if he replaced Alia with Shraddha? I think the Shraddha/Ranbir jodi is much more popular since Ranbir's last romantic hit was only because Shraddha boosted its box office power.

The cast should have been RK, RS and DP. The controversy, the buzz, the talk on socials would have been unmatched.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: TorinoPasta

The cast should have been RK, RS and DP. The controversy, the buzz, the talk on socials would have been unmatched.

I don't like Ranbir but I agree that this probably would have been the best choice for the main trio, assuming SRK is too old for a part. In terms of talent and prestige, I'd pick SRK or Hrithik to be paired with Deepika and Ranveer but only Ranbir brings the relationship baggage and specific buzz. There would have been a lot of hype for this specific trio which is completely dissipated with the final cast that was chosen.

For that matter, even if Ranbir had to be in the movie, a love triangle between him, Katrina, and Vicky could have also made sense. I think it wouldn't do as well as Deepika, Ranveer, and Ranbir but Katrina is still a bigger catch than Alia anyday. I remember reading that Bhansali wanted Katrina in Bajirao Mastani back when he was planning on making Salman Bajirao.

Had this movie been made in the 2000s, I'd have picked SRK and Saif as the two male leads. Maybe Salman instead of Saif if the male roles are of equal stature. And then either Rani, Preity, or Aishwarya for the female lead. Preferably Aishwarya if the two male leads are SRK and Salman.

All of these fine choices for a cast, and somehow we got stuck with Alia. smiley19 What a waste of a film. I hope it tanks at the box office and ends Bhansali's career for good for squandering an opportunity like this.

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: TorinoPasta

Hope this star cast never happens nor RK kat vicky. Those wanting this cannot really be fans of the girls. Say whatever but such movie cast is toxic. Just like Silsila was. It just get people their gossip to talk on decades. Hope DP and Kat have better sense.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

The cast should depend on the story one wants to tell...do we know the story??? I don't think so.

I don't wish the movie any bad as so much work will go into it...nevertheless, I also sense a certain decline in Bhansali's work...aesthetics should only be a stylistic device and not become the foundation.

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago
TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Autumnn

Hope this star cast never happens nor RK kat vicky. Those wanting this cannot really be fans of the girls. Say whatever but such movie cast is toxic. Just like Silsila was. It just get people their gossip to talk on decades. Hope DP and Kat have better sense.

DP RK have worked together after their breakup though. Yes you are right I am not a fan of either of the two.