Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hasini009 thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

“Stree has empowered me. The film is centered around a Woman and she holds the reins of the narrative,” she tells HELLO!

have funsmiley15

a woman wearing glasses and a blue top smiles for the camera

Edited by hasini009 - 1 months ago
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Stree is not a female centric film, but credit needs to be given to Shraddha equally.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Minionite

Exactly! And because they are male actors it was all fine. Here it's a female so now everyone and their baap has to get involved.

To make it worse, some people have won "leading role" awards for roles that are not central, but due to their "impact" it was apparently such a wow.

982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

To make it worse, some people have won "leading role" awards for roles that are not central, but due to their "impact" it was apparently such a wow.

Cough cough Alia's role in Gully Boy was def shorter then Shraddha's in Stree 2. We hardly saw any noise in the media. No one made an issue of it here. I brought it up years later to show how awards have slowly been losing merit, due to underserving people winning due to favoritism.

To some extent I understand nepotism. After all I love my family and would do whatever is in my power to make them happy. But in certain cases, there are really unfair standards being held. This is a clear very strong double standard. The media trying to take away credit from Shraddha even for the commercial success of Stree 2. Meanwhile, Aloo won best actress not even best supporting actress for her ten-minute role in Gully Boy and the media cheered her on.

I am OK to some extent people doing what they can in their power to help those they like or even love. But don't go out of your way to do the opposite to someone you don't like. In this case, it was just beyond hypocritical to the point even I felt bad for ARK's ex for God's sake. Way too hypocritical the favoritism one side gets and the discrimination the other side has to face. It triggered me to speak or else I would just dismiss it as a harsh truth of life.

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

That too! Or actual lead roles were considered side characters because popular actors were part of the cast - I'm thinking of ZNMD as one big example.

As for Stree 2 I understand not calling it female-centric. It's not. But to take credit away from Shraddha is too low. I don't care if it was a different movie and a different actress. If she's the reason the movie is doing well, she deserves the accolades not to be called PR or not female-centric or the male is the main lead.

These actors and director are hurting their own reputation and image by doing this stuff. And next year they'll walk away with awards while Shraddha will get a mere dance performance and then they'll tout their own horns even more.

cory thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

chup sho kuni, bamoo padaraket nalat landaghar

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cory

chup sho kuni, bamoo padaraket nalat landaghar

gaja makla tiner ala moneer rakeeb mifa loopaz bala shaku janjam weertu geera jilliana chuzja gaamer amari araamu billip zeenita vaseer

Edited by Surly_Devil - 1 months ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Minionite

That too! Or actual lead roles were considered side characters because popular actors were part of the cast - I'm thinking of ZNMD as one big example.

As for Stree 2 I understand not calling it female-centric. It's not. But to take credit away from Shraddha is too low. I don't care if it was a different movie and a different actress. If she's the reason the movie is doing well, she deserves the accolades not to be called PR or not female-centric or the male is the main lead.

These actors and director are hurting their own reputation and image by doing this stuff. And next year they'll walk away with awards while Shraddha will get a mere dance performance and then they'll tout their own horns even more.

Maybe I am delulu but I am sensing a shift....I have a feeling things are going to change very soon. Audiences always have the last word, and they have always shown up for Shraddha.

Also, producers would be extremely stupid not to capitalize on her box office power. Do they not want to make money and stick to their imaginary Brahmastra calculator?

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Well then. Don't call it female centric. Ain't nobody is pointing gun at you. These idiots are so damn irked by the fact that Shradha is getting more praise and credit for movie than anyother. Meanwhile, they specifically picked her for it because they knew she could pull it off and make it superhit better than others. Bunch of professional clowns.

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Maybe I am delulu but I am sensing a shift....I have a feeling things are going to change very soon. Audiences always have the last word, and they have always shown up for Shraddha.

Also, producers would be extremely stupid not to capitalize on her box office power. Do they not want to make money and stick to their imaginary Brahmastra calculator?

@ Bold: Now now. That calculator was not imaginary. Brahmastra was the astra that broke BO records. smiley37