Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

982283 thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: desigal90

Alia carried Gangubai, a TRUE female centric film to success. We cannot compare that to Shaddha's 2 min roles in male dominated movies like Tiger action flicks or being paired up with popular male leads.

As for someone that said she delivered hits with ARK, what happened to Ok Jaanu? Or Half Girlfriend? Hell, as vile as Kangana is, I would give her credit for a movie like Queen.

But Stree is out and out about the camaraderie between 4 male leads and 1 female lead. And it's a brand. A franchise of a beloved horror comedy. Not to mentions after a string of action action flicks back to back the past few years, audiences are lapping up lighter comedy movies like Crew, Munjya, TBMAUJ, and yes, Stree 2.

How people are crediting shraddha is beyond me. She was so forgettable in the film and I just watched it last week. She should benefit from it, I agree. She played a PART of it's success, but to to credit her to a 50 crores opening rivaling Shahrukh Khan is ridiculous IMO.

Deepika and Alia are the last female superstars.

Gangubai was made on a budget of 180 crore and grossed about 209 crore approximately worldwide. Big blockbuster right there. It did not even come close to earning what SLB's films with Deepika did. Why is Shraddha being credited for the success of Stree 2? Same reason Katrina was credited for many of her successes. She was a common denominator behind so many successful films. And Shraddha has had more than a two minute role in Ek Villian, her films with tiger among other successful movies.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Then why aren't they delivering 500 Cr+ grossing films? Alia doesn't even have any Blockbusters to her name

You can't be a superstar and get away with delivering semi-hits and average verdicts.

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 1 months ago
982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Then why aren't they delivering 500 Cr+ grossing films? Alia doesn't even have any Blockbusters to her name

You can't be a superstar and get away with delivering semi-hits and average verdicts.

HEY! EVERYONE in Bollywood after the Oscars said RRR was Aloo's movie. All she has to do is call up Rajamouli again and say I will be upset if you don't cast me in your next. There you go she has another 500 crore plus movies to her credit. That is called a superstar.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Correction : Deepika and Katrina (and not Alia) were the last female STARS ..and NOT last female SUPERstars (last female SUPERstars were only Sridevi and Madhuri...no one acheived the status of a female SUPERstar after Madhuri, so far).

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Gangubai was made on a budget of 180 crore and grossed about 209 crore approximately worldwide. Big blockbuster right there. It did not even come close to earning what SLB's films with Deepika did. Why is Shraddha being credited for the success of Stree 2? Same reason Katrina was credited for many of her successes. She was a common denominator behind so many successful films. And Shraddha has had more than a two minute role in Ek Villian, her films with tiger among other successful movies.

Exactly. Many people have pointed out how Gangubai was a PR hit and not a real box office hit. Bhansali was forced to pick Alia because he was out of financial options and she ultimately did not payoff. Between that and Heeramandi not being the success they thought it would be, he is in financial straits now. His last successes were with Deepika/Ranveer.

It's amazing how much of reality can be twisted because of PR as there are actually people online who believe Alia is the next Sridevi in terms of box office appeal because that's what the media claims about her thanks to KJo's PR. When in fact, Raazi, Gangubai, Rocky aur Rani, Brahmastra, etc. were never clean hits. Darlings was one of the lowest watched OTT films, unlike Deepika's Gehraiyaan, but I see people posting here who have been led to believe that Gehraiyaan was a flop and Darlings was a hit all because of KJo's PR. Even more disgusting when you realize that Gehraiyaan was a Dharma production and KJo is not above tanking his own films in the media to support his adopted daughter.

It's always funny how Deepika, Katrina, and now Shraddha are so easily robbed of credit when it comes to their hits and successes, but meanwhile there are Alia stans who in the same breath can claim that RRR is Alia's Oscar-winning film.

982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Exactly. Many people have pointed out how Gangubai was a PR hit and not a real box office hit. Bhansali was forced to pick Alia because he was out of financial options and she ultimately did not payoff. Between that and Heeramandi not being the success they thought it would be, he is in financial straits now. His last successes were with Deepika/Ranveer.

It's amazing how much of reality can be twisted because of PR as there are actually people online who believe Alia is the next Sridevi in terms of box office appeal because that's what the media claims about her thanks to KJo's PR. When in fact, Raazi, Gangubai, Rocky aur Rani, Brahmastra, etc. were never clean hits. Darlings was one of the lowest watched OTT films, unlike Deepika's Gehraiyaan, but I see people posting here who have been led to believe that Gehraiyaan was a flop and Darlings was a hit all because of KJo's PR. Even more disgusting when you realize that Gehraiyaan was a Dharma production and KJo is not above tanking his own films in the media to support his adopted daughter.

It's always funny how Deepika, Katrina, and now Shraddha are so easily robbed of credit when it comes to their hits and successes, but meanwhile there are Alia stans who in the same breath can claim that RRR is Alia's Oscar-winning film.

I just checked. According to Bollywood Hungama, Aloo only has one super-hit to her credit if you don't count RRR. Shraddha even without Stree 2 has three. What superstar? smiley37Even with projects by her selected directors given to her on a platter? Seriously? That is the superstar? The audience favorite? More like shoved down the audience's throat.

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/celebrity/alia-bhatt/box-office/#bh-micro-tab-content

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

...It's amazing how much of reality can be twisted because of PR ...

I just quote this part because I find it very true for a lot of movies where the perception of people gets manipulated...this time through fueling controversy and a "credit-war"/fan-war.

It is t h i s part of desigal's post I like (not the rest, though, as I won't implicate other actresses in a discussion about Stree):

... Stree is out and out about the camaraderie between 4 male leads and 1 female lead. And it's a brand. A franchise of a beloved horror comedy. Not to mentions after a string of action action flicks back to back the past few years, audiences are lapping up lighter comedy movies like Crew, Munjya, TBMAUJ, and yes, Stree 2....

I also agree to not confound the pr-machinations with an acting-discussion. To me, the best acting person of the lot is Rajkummar but I really see him as the part of a great ensemble cast /performance. As I'm not into continuously referring to boxoffice-verdicts, I find this part of the discussion here boring and redundant when it comes to acting.

As for the masses...don't underestimate the knowledge they may have...

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Alia carried Gangubai, a TRUE female centric film to success. We cannot compare that to Shaddha's 2 min roles in male dominated movies like Tiger action flicks or being paired up with popular male leads.

As for someone that said she delivered hits with ARK, what happened to Ok Jaanu? Or Half Girlfriend? Hell, as vile as Kangana is, I would give her credit for a movie like Queen.

But Stree is out and out about the camaraderie between 4 male leads and 1 female lead. And it's a brand. A franchise of a beloved horror comedy. Not to mentions after a string of action action flicks back to back the past few years, audiences are lapping up lighter comedy movies like Crew, Munjya, TBMAUJ, and yes, Stree 2.

How people are crediting shraddha is beyond me. She was so forgettable in the film and I just watched it last week. She should benefit from it, I agree. She played a PART of it's success, but to to credit her to a 50 crores opening rivaling Shahrukh Khan is ridiculous IMO.

Alia Last super star? in which point of view? Shraddah is more successful than Alia in terms of Boxoffice

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Stree 2 is not male dominated. The name Stree itself is female centric. Credit should go to Shraddha.

Whatever that stupid half girlfriend movie made was due to Shraddha. She does have starpower.

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: forza

Salman Khan was highly applaud with Blockbuster success of No Entry were he just had extended cameo.

I even believe Uday and core had bigger roles than SRK in Mohabbatein.

Exactly! And because they are male actors it was all fine. Here it's a female so now everyone and their baap has to get involved.