Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

I think, Indian gross only is important because of the worldwide gross numbers.

So - imo - the comparison is done either with all India nett or only Hindi net or with worldwide gross...

Yeah. India net is for verdicts and all. Worldwide gross is for media to demonstrate extravagant numbers mostly.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Of course it's a l s o for bragging about numbers (and sometimes making the income look 'better') but it definitely says something about the international appeal of a filmindustry and its directors/stars (also giving an additional income).

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Bekind

When did Stree 2 beat/surpass movies pathaan and animal?smiley3

I don’t know but I’d party esp it beats that animal vangas movie !!

Originally posted by: Basskarrr

This is going to be so amusing smiley36

yes but I doubt that these stars will continue their streaks as it just the movie that is going well more then who is starring in it though Shradda seems to be shining the most
Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bekind

When did Stree 2 beat/surpass movies pathaan and animal?smiley3

With some numbers, it already did...for the total, you've still to wait smiley2

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

yes but I doubt that these stars will continue their streaks as it just the movie that is going well more then who is starring in it though Shradda seems to be shining the most

No, Shraddha isn't "shining the most"...she is p a r t of those who shine the most (did you watch the movie?)...I agree with the bold part, though smiley1

No, Shraddha isn't "shining the most"...she is p a r t of those who shine the most (did you watch the movie?)...I agree with the bold part, though smiley1

yes I did but I’m talking about how it’s being promoted and it’s being promoted ny the audience as her being the main one pulling the audience to the theaters also she being an insider will be the one getting more movie opportunities then the others which is my point. Personally it don’t matter to me as I like her. Regarding the others in the movie yes they good but when it comes to pull they have less pull then her.
Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: StreeRules

You make me sick. Alia's paid stooge pretending Shraddha isn't responsible for the film's success and she wasn't the one the film was marketed afterwards. Made an account just to give you a piece of my mind.

Do you r e a l l y give me the 'power' to make you "sick"???

Coming after 5 hours of work back to look into IF, voilà a "beginner" who gives me "a piece of...mind"...fine...

Edit: uppps...now only encounter 401 when trying to read the remaining comments of StreeRules...well... okay...Stree may rule nevertheless smiley1

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago
Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Of course it's a l s o for bragging about numbers (and sometimes making the income look 'better') but it definitely says something about the international appeal of a filmindustry and its directors/stars (also giving an additional income).

The problem is unlike Hollywood, the success of a movie isn't determined by its budget in India. They look into the distribution share. Say, for example, someone made a movie with a budget of 100 crores but sold it to distributors for 50 crores in India, the movie would be declared a hit even if it earned 100 crores "only" domestically. Overseas, producers sell for a lump sum fee, so they don't get any of the cut, which is shared by distributors and exhibitors.

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Filmistan

The problem is unlike Hollywood, the success of a movie isn't determined by its budget in India. They look into the distribution share. Say, for example, someone made a movie with a budget of 100 crores but sold it to distributors for 50 crores in India, the movie would be declared a hit even if it earned 100 crores "only" domestically. Overseas, producers sell for a lump sum fee, so they don't get any of the cut, which is shared by distributors and exhibitors.

phew someone understand indian box office 🤌