Alia changed her ‘loud tone’ to put me at ease, says Ranbir Kapoor

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 months ago

She used to speak in a very loud tone. I think my father's tone, growing up, always rattled me. So she really made efforts to change that. And that's not easy when you've lived 30 years of your life speaking in a certain way. She's someone who instinctively reacts to say, if Raha falls down. There's a reaction that throws me off. She makes certain things to put me at ease. I hope I could say there's something I did to put her at ease, but I don't think I've done it yet,” Ranbir said. He also talked about how the frequent arguments between his late father Rishi Kapoor and mother Neetu Kapoor traumatised him as a child, particularly his father's loud tone

https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/alia-bhatt-changed-her-loud-tone-after-marriage-to-put-me-at-ease-ranbir-kapoor-101722136416620-amp.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Rishi has messed up ranbir in more ways one can imagine. I feel he had a rough childhood..he has seen abuse in his house as a child..it is no secret that rishi was abusive and neetu has faced domestic abuse..it is traumatizing for a child to see this growing up..which is why it is so important for women to be independent and take a stand..walk out of toxic relations coz the effects it has not only on you but your children can sometimes be ever lasting..

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

The motormouth is at it again.smiley36

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Rishi has messed up ranbir in more ways one can imagine. I feel he had a rough childhood..he has seen abuse in his house as a child..it is no secret that rishi was abusive and neetu has faced domestic abuse..it is traumatizing for a child to see this growing up..which is why it is so important for women to be independent and take a stand..walk out of toxic relations coz the effects it has not only on you but your children can sometimes be ever lasting..

Although I can understand this, I am also wondering if everything revolves around RK? Has he changed anything for Alia? Or is she the only one adjusting and compromising ?
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

so he is more of less saying he would get rattled by her loud tone and the way she reacts when raha falls down, so alia has had to change basically the way she speaks and reacts to put him at ease, and yeh that's not easy to change when she has been doing that nearly her whole life.

Alia has done a lot for rk, she deeply loves him, and i am not saying rk doesn't love her, but alia seems to have gone above and beyond for him, even changing the way she speaks for him which is not easy at all

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: zara321

so he is more of less saying he would get rattled by her loud tone and the way she reacts when raha falls down, so alia has had to change basically the way she speaks and reacts to put him at ease, and yeh that's not easy to change when she has been doing that nearly her whole life.

Alia has done a lot for rk, she deeply loves him, and i am not saying rk doesn't love her, but alia seems to have gone above and beyond for him, even changing the way she speaks for him which is not easy at all

It also sounds like a nice way to say that she’s annoying smiley36
zara321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

It also sounds like a nice way to say that she’s annoying smiley36

well he is more less saying the way she would loudly speak and react would annoy/rattle him, some people just naturally have a loud tone and they have spoken like that their whole life, it's not a quick and easy thing to change as it's a part of who you are

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Although I can understand this, I am also wondering if everything revolves around RK? Has he changed anything for Alia? Or is she the only one adjusting and compromising ?

He has grown up listening to his mother openly say..no matter the abcds my husband sleeps with..all is well when at the end he comes back home to me..

I would really be surprised if he has..

blahhhh thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

OK...so I really don't want to be one of those meninist rights people and I am really not...but the thing is if a girlfriend or wife expects her husband to use softer tone with her we support her(as we should),we trash men if they shout(as we should)...Similarly a man has the right to expect that of his wife too...i think everybody should be using softer,quieter tone...it's not even always about a major trauma you suffered but that loudness can be overwhelming for you...

zara321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: blahhhh

OK...so I really don't want to be one of those meninist rights people and I am really not...but the thing is if a girlfriend or wife expects her husband to use softer tone with her we support her(as we should),we trash men if they shout(as we should)...Similarly a man has the right to expect that of his wife too...i think everybody should be using softer,quieter tone...it's not even always about a major trauma you suffered but that loudness can be overwhelming for you...

I think when women ask for a man to use a softer tone, it's used in the context of the man speaking in a angry/harsh way. Rk is not talking about that here, he is talking about alia's natural tone which is loud, he even says it's not easy to change as she has been speaking like that for 30 years and we have seen in interviews that her voice is naturally loud

Edited by zara321 - 2 months ago