Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Posted: 3 months ago

Nooo No GIF

Word Count: 0

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Kalki-makers make a quite questionable move, imo. What if indeed one can prove manipulations through Book-My-Show???

None of those called 'samosa' critics are important to me...doesn't one have a choice to look for more serious critics?

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Clochette

Kalki-makers make a quite questionable move, imo. What if indeed one can prove manipulations through Book-My-Show???

None of those called 'samosa' critics are important to me...doesn't one have a choice to look for more serious critics?

What did they actually do to be sued, though?

I am happy anyways, coz their past behaviour has been abominable against several celebs. So I hope they have to shell out a lot of money and think before speaking the next time.

I would have preferred if some actor filed a defamation suit against them actually.smiley36

Edited by Daebak - 3 months ago
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

This is really bulldozing people on moneypower. Kalki is a worthless movie and not like Samosa critics are the only ones to trash it (sorry I dont even know what exactly they didsmiley36 but assuming they questioned the gap in numbers between traders and PH ?). What’s the main claim of this defamation ? That their little tweets impacted their business ? Any thought that their bloated business# could also be impacted a little as there are indeed lot of people who didn’t get orgasm with this slight reference of Mahabharata to this hotch-potch VFX mix ? smiley36 As a movie lover who watches so many random movies in theatre, I really loathed it and struggled to convince myself to watch the 2nd half, which was little better anyways. smiley44

Kalki did solid business, doesn’t matter what PH reported. But whatever it did, is overrated. BB1-BB2 had similar pattern. I went to watch BB2 as timepass and absolutely loved itsmiley17. Then I watched BB1, and I swear had I watched it before, I won’t have gone for BB2, it was SOOOO bad. smiley35 Kalki 2 would be lot better, but whatever business Kalki 1 did, is way more than it deserved. Makers should introspect a bit on that.

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: Daebak

What did they actually do to be sued, though?

I am happy anyways, coz their past behaviour has been abominable against several celebs. So I hope they have to shell out a lot of money and think before speaking the next time.

I would have preferred if some actor filed a defamation suit against them actually.smiley36

I still believe that this is a kind of 'threatening gesture' to forward a certain narrative...targetting persons already labelled as 'samosa critics' is an easy way...Sacnilk still has a worldwide gross below 1000 cr, btw.

https://www.sacnilk.com/news/Project_K_2024_Box_Office_Collection_Day_Wise_Worldwide

Clochette thumbnail

Just as a fact (valuable for every Indian movie although not done for every Indian movie): The Indian rendition of data isn't as well monitored as in Western countries...betraying is much easier through still existing corruption (and paid media reports).

If one r e a l l y wants to do a fair comparison between different movies, there are three parameters to respect: actual footfalls (n o t booked tickets but movie-goers, taking also the screen counts in consideration), the ticket prices and - when comparing with older movies - the actual worth of former income.

Nothing of this is (generally) done.

Clochette thumbnail

Actually, I don't think that Kalki is a "worthless" movie...there definitely is something genuinely not-done-before in Indian Cinema...but (yes, unfortunately), the western-copying (from various Hollywood movies) and using a Western (and very expensive) VFX company gives me a sad feeling.

Also, creating a genuine sci-fi world incorporating inherent Indian mythology getting destroyed by shoddily done character portrays and lackluster acting of the leading man makes me sad, too.

Nevertheless, I still maintain that an IMAX experience is worth the ticket money (without spending extra-money for whatever).

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5

Nice , well done Kalki makers .

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: Manavi_kesari

Nice , well done Kalki makers .

Not at all (imo)... producers have lied...at least on their Twitter account...